The "R U OK ?" Thread

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank You everyone.

The misses and her grandma are doing ok as much as the situation lets.

It's the shock that hammered everyone. She was young, active, healthy and beautiful inside and out.

We just feel helpless because we are here and her Uncle and nephew are over there in Cancun.
Well late haven't visited here for a bit but my condolences too mate.
Only 52 stuff me several years younger than me so unfair.

I'm shockingly ignorant(or oblivious some of both)I confess but I struggled to know what SADS meant until it was explained later on..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well late haven't visited here for a bit but my condolences too mate.
Only 52 stuff me several years younger than me so unfair.

I'm shockingly ignorant(or oblivious some of both)I confess but I struggled to know what SADS meant until it was explained later on..
Thanks habibeh...

Whatever SADS is, it's ugly bro, I feel for anyone who suffered it and their poor families.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
been having a range of tests, have glaucoma and also now found calcium is growing around my optic nerves. Causes pain and blurry vision.
Not much they can do to remove the calcium, it has already destroyed some of the nerves at back of eye. Life goes on!
Does make it hard to read but least when i do try to read there are a lot of great posts to make me smile on the kennel.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
been having a range of tests, have glaucoma and also now found calcium is growing around my optic nerves. Causes pain and blurry vision.
Not much they can do to remove the calcium, it has already destroyed some of the nerves at back of eye. Life goes on!
Does make it hard to read but least when i do try to read there are a lot of great posts to make me smile on the kennel.
Hope it gets a little easier to live with..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Best of luck with the tests mate and that they can offer something to help.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not too bad the last couple of days, thanks. The last lot of Chemo knocked me around pretty badly for about 8-9 days. Get another dose on Wednesday, then I'm about halfway through the course of Chemo. My last scan seemed to indicate there isn't any trace of Hodgkin's Lymphoma left in my body, but they are going to persist with the full program of Chemo, to be sure. As for the Leukemia, they reckon it will take 6 to 12 months of treatment to assess any sort of potential success, so I'm still somewhat in danger with that at the moment. I see my Haematologist on Friday, so I guess I'll get the most up to date assessment then. Still waiting on results for a recent Colonoscopy and Endoscopy... hopefully they didn't find any new problems.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not too bad the last couple of days, thanks. The last lot of Chemo knocked me around pretty badly for about 8-9 days. Get another dose on Wednesday, then I'm about halfway through the course of Chemo. My last scan seemed to indicate there isn't any trace of Hodgkin's Lymphoma left in my body, but they are going to persist with the full program of Chemo, to be sure. As for the Leukemia, they reckon it will take 6 to 12 months of treatment to assess any sort of potential success, so I'm still somewhat in danger with that at the moment. I see my Haematologist on Friday, so I guess I'll get the most up to date assessment then. Still waiting on results for a recent Colonoscopy and Endoscopy... hopefully they didn't find any new problems.
I hope all works out mate

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bit of an update, on going tests and scans have shown that the calcium around the optic nerves is thickening. Basically it is turning into a soft bone ( like a chickens wish bone). Only way to fix this may be to have eye surgery like they did before laser was invented. Remove both eyes will still connected of course and remove the calcium. Up to 6 months healing time and 30% chance of going blind if they damaged the optic nerve.
I cant picture waiting 6 months with eyes covered to know if I can see again. 30% chance is too high a risk. Would you take the risk?

Just wanted to share with you and thanks for the nice comments of support

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bit of an update, on going tests and scans have shown that the calcium around the optic nerves is thickening. Basically it is turning into a soft bone ( like a chickens wish bone). Only way to fix this may be to have eye surgery like they did before laser was invented. Remove both eyes will still connected of course and remove the calcium. Up to 6 months healing time and 30% chance of going blind if they damaged the optic nerve.
I cant picture waiting 6 months with eyes covered to know if I can see again. 30% chance is too high a risk. Would you take the risk?

Big odds of 30% and 6 months healing...but on the other hand actually 70% chance of full success.

Only you know the full situation ...and reputation and success rate of your eye doctor team.

Real damn tough decision to be made here Dogs. All the best with it.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big odds of 30% and 6 months healing...but on the other hand actually 70% chance of full success.

Only you know the full situation ...and reputation and success rate of your eye doctor team.

Real damn tough decision to be made here Dogs. All the best with it.
Thanks Wendog. It is the waiting for me, I have had many surgeries on my eyes in last 5 years, but the waiting to take the bandages off is the hard part.

It is a decision I will make over next few weeks.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thanks Wendog. It is the waiting for me, I have had many surgeries on my eyes in last 5 years, but the waiting to take the bandages off is the hard part.

It is a decision I will make over next few weeks.
Yes can understand that waiting feeling, with all the trepidation and not knowing the outcome for that long. Do you need to have both operated on at the same time? At least then you'd have one eye unbandaged?

Whats the projection for you if you don't have the calcium removed? Bloody hard either way?

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes can understand that waiting feeling, with all the trepidation and not knowing the outcome for that long. Do you need to have both operated on at the same time? At least then you'd have one eye unbandaged?

Whats the projection for you if you don't have the calcium removed? Bloody hard either way?
They would like to do both at the same time, but that would make it impossible for me to get around , so would need to do one at a time.
If I don't do anything then somewhere in the future ( which again is the unknown part) the calcium will eventually snap the optic nerves as it thickens.
So could be 5 weeks, 5 months, 5 years or 20 years . Impossible to predict.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They would like to do both at the same time, but that would make it impossible for me to get around , so would need to do one at a time.
If I don't do anything then somewhere in the future ( which again is the unknown part) the calcium will eventually snap the optic nerves as it thickens.
So could be 5 weeks, 5 months, 5 years or 20 years . Impossible to predict.
I think that worse case scenario would be kinda forcing me to go with the bandages option. But gee feel for you.

Hoping our other Kennellers who have been sharing their physical and mental health journey with us are feeling chipper and things going well for them.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that worse case scenario would be kinda forcing me to go with the bandages option. But gee feel for you.

Hoping our other Kennellers who have been sharing their physical and mental health journey with us are feeling chipper and things going well for them.
Thanks Wen. Appreciate your comments and support. Believe it or not this place keeps me sane sometimes :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

You are in my prayers my brother. I hope it doesn't have to end up with surgery