The "R U OK ?" Thread

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah cool, small world huh? Are they boiler makers? I know HH very well. Heaps of those tankers running around. I'm in Sydney and see at least 5 a day at work. We get HH to build the tanks themselves then we manufacture and fit everything else to them (pumps, air systems, meters, registers, outlets etc). Pretty interesting stuff when you get into it all, they're so much more than just a container for liquid
They used to be trade assistants, now both working for a transport mob up here.

Was speaking to another bloke recently who just started there but don't remember who I was speaking to.

I used to drive tankers for ron finemore, a lot of their trailers were from hh.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well I've bite the bullet and am going under the knife to get myself a new knee on October 7. After 2 reconstructions, 3 decades of chronic pain, the last one being bone on bone, I'm finally on my way to becoming a Bionic Man.

The new procedure doesn't involve going into the bone, rather the metal is moulded around your existing ones and even the knee cap is kept and strengthened with more moulded metal. Looking forward to the drugs and the eventual pain free walking, but not the "now you gotta bend it" part of the process.

Was very apprehensive at first, but the closer it gets, the more excited I am to get it done. If anyone has had it done, any advice I will be immensely grateful. Those that believe can pray for me and those that don't can have a drink for me.
Mate wish you all the very best.
Lady I work with had her knee done and after the initial uncomfortable and sometimes painful rehab she is going great guns...said that silly her she should have done it long ago ( she initially stuffed her knee some 20 odd years ago in a skiing accident). You'll be right and you will get through it much like you got through the exit of the Roosters from the finals series....:neutral:....am I bad?????

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well I've bite the bullet and am going under the knife to get myself a new knee on October 7. After 2 reconstructions, 3 decades of chronic pain, the last one being bone on bone, I'm finally on my way to becoming a Bionic Man.

The new procedure doesn't involve going into the bone, rather the metal is moulded around your existing ones and even the knee cap is kept and strengthened with more moulded metal. Looking forward to the drugs and the eventual pain free walking, but not the "now you gotta bend it" part of the process.

Was very apprehensive at first, but the closer it gets, the more excited I am to get it done. If anyone has had it done, any advice I will be immensely grateful. Those that believe can pray for me and those that don't can have a drink for me.
Good luck with it Kambah. Haven't hit the point Where I need to get joints fixed. But it seems like it'd be an intimidating thing to walk yourself in to go under the knife. Hope you have a quick recovery and many years of pain free perambulation to follow.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if you need both done (eventually), but if so surgeons advice is back-to-back, otherwise you might put off the second one and never do it.

6 weeks of immediate recuperation and discomfort but according to my old man totally worth it in the long run. He had both knees replaced back-to-back about 3 years ago. The surgeon said post op that he usually can re-use parts of knees for other uses (cartilage etc) but that he put both my old mans in the bin they were that shot. As Dinkum Snr said: ‘Fair enough, no shortage of miles on them, got a pretty good deal’.

You’ll probably find water therapy helps in recuperation - walking in pools. It helps in regaining strength without putting too much pressure on the new kit.

Good luck with it. The real challenge is choosing your new TK handle: @LeeMajors or @SteveAustin? :-).
LOL i was going to post once done, a picture of Steve Austin as his Avatar would be appropriate! touche.

Good luck @Kambah your alright fella(for a rooters fan :grinning: )

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They used to be trade assistants, now both working for a transport mob up here.

Was speaking to another bloke recently who just started there but don't remember who I was speaking to.

I used to drive tankers for ron finemore, a lot of their trailers were from hh.
Did you see the Finemores trailer that caught fire the other week? https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09...ay-causes-delays-extensive-clean-up/100475680 pretty full on. From what i heard it was wheel bearing failure that started it

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey ladies and gentleman... Been away for a while and missed u wankers.

Just want to shout out to everyone doing it tough and to say ITS OK...

I went through a rough trot personally, like rock bottom hit me and thought it was all over. Thankfully in the process I re-found my purpose
and duty in life, got that nudge from GOD that i needed... The blessing in disguise.

Now not phased what happens next as I have realised there is always a greater plan and moving forward whilst being steadfast in righteous beliefs is the only thing that matters.

SO If u need a hand or an ear, a stronger brother is always here to listen and help you with whatever your needs.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

I went through a rough trot personally, like rock bottom hit me and thought it was all over. Thankfully in the process I re-found my purpose
and duty in life, got that nudge from GOD that i needed... The blessing in disguise.

Now not phased what happens next as I have realised there is always a greater plan and moving forward whilst being steadfast in righteous beliefs is the only thing that matters.

SO If u need a hand or an ear, a stronger brother is always here to listen and help you with whatever your needs.
Welcome back my bro.

I'm glad you got the nudge and realised it. Some get a headbutt and still don't or don't want to realise it.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Welcome back to life and the kennel.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Sometimes the tougher the bloke the less likely he is to talk about stuff..

Welcome back to the funny farm:tearsofjoy:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sometimes the tougher the bloke the less likely he is to talk about stuff..

Welcome back to the funny farm:tearsofjoy:

Even pride can be misinterpreted as a form of self ignorance and sometimes even it needs a break. Otherwise your search for a solution ends without resolution, afflictions continue.

Good to back amongst you filthy animals! ;) Big up Baz!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Welcome back brother. I went through the worst time in my life last year, but emerged from it stronger thanks to God's power. However the worst year of my life ended in the best possible way.
Welcome back my bro.

I'm glad you got the nudge and realised it. Some get a headbutt and still don't or don't want to realise it.
... And you my brother are an angel in disguise. I love you... in a non-poofy way :kissingheart:

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, well the op went brilliantly, back home now after getting the new knee to bend past 90 degrees. Still swollen and stiff, but getting better each day. Even now I feel as though the joint is a massive improvement and more stable than it's been for decades. Thanks for all the well wishes, talk more tomorrow.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hey guys, well the op went brilliantly, back home now after getting the new knee to bend past 90 degrees. Still swollen and stiff, but getting better each day. Even now I feel as though the joint is a massive improvement and more stable than it's been for decades. Thanks for all the well wishes, talk more tomorrow.
Glad to hear things going well for you :grinning:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Awesome news my bro!

Rest up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Swollen and stiff :|