The One on One Steal has become a Joke.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You could see by the expression on the ref's face that he made a mistake. He was penalising Jackson for inside the ten, and put up his hands for ten in the bin instead of an arm out for a penalty. He confused his call, but couldn't back down, so said something about prior warnings to cover his error.
Ahhhh. Dont think Ive ever seen an instance like it before or after that game. This is why there should be a clear list of things you can get binned for.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My gut tells me it was a get square as well.

How could Waddell be pinged for delaying the game when he was the one pinned on the ground trying to stop a player who was standing over him trying to reef possession from him, he wasn’t never allowed to get up !
If that was the true reason why do the refs allow a team that is in possesion with a one point lead and only 30 secs left on the clock p!ss fart around with extremely excruciatingly slow PTBs and not penalise them. Double standards I guess.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree completely, the whole thing stinks. A player has just been held up by 3 players and is looking to play the ball when bam! Stripped!

The waddel one is literally baffling because there is never conclusive evidence that lomax strips him cleanly and waddel is being a sore loser. We had possession it should have been a penalty to us.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gus said they were going to seek an explanation for that one? I wonder if the NRL had replied?

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t like the one on one steal, personally I’d like to see it out of the game.

But if they insist on allowing it, what’s wrong with keeping it as it was originally allowed to be, a genuine one on one steal.

One player goes in to make a tackle, catches the opposition player of guard by instead changing tactics and quickly stealing the ball.

I remember when even if a second player had touched the player during a tackle before it was stolen they’d blow a penalty.

When did the steal evolve into this 3 or 4 in a tackle the others slowly roll off and then the last man stays trying to reef it from the tackled players grasp?

The Waddell send off on the weekend was an absolute disgrace to the game, any player holding another player down to long gets penalised, yet that player was allowed to hold Waddell down for ages trying to reef the ball from his grasp, that wasn’t a steal, Waddell clearly maintained possession until the ball was eventually reefed from his grasp, if anything the player holding him down that long trying to reef the ball of him should have been binned.

What relaxing the rules has created now is 3 or 4 tacklers with hands all over the ball, trying to steal it, trying to dislodge it, 80% of what they call loose carry’s these days come from 6 arms and hands all over the ball and being “accidentally’ entangled with the player.

Again it comes back to the referees not policing the rules properly and letting the players get away with things until the whole situation gets out of hand and becomes ridiculous.

View attachment 70291
You make a good point about Waddell’s sin bin. It was rubbish. Clearly it was a case where a one on one strip was attempted and final possession was in dispute and the 2 players kept battling for it. The fault lay more with the ref not immediately stepping in at the scrimmage, and ruling who was now in possession. If so, no stoppage, no sin bin, play continues.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Anything that adds extra dimensions to the game is good.

Union people snigger at us because of how basic the game is.

Contested balls=contest.

Until we add depth to our game again we will always be unions bastard cousin.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Anything that adds extra dimensions to the game is good.

Union people snigger at us because of how basic the game is.

Contested balls=contest.

Until we add depth to our game again we will always be unions bastard cousin.
Does sticky taping your head on someone else’s body, make you their bastard cousin …

Just asking for a friend …

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
League already has basically zero chance to get the ball back from the opposition outside of errors and kicks at the end of sets. Need to keep it in

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what u mean
If u @Nasheed need to be askin the big “what chu mean” j question ..

maybe U need some Ed ucation son ..

So from someone who’s been the streets when you weren’t even a little blimp on the map, and actually come out other side .. I’ll school yo young bo ..

Now I know u prob different cause u from da streets of home boy India, I got ya cause I got da gift … but u should know that if you be sticky taping your head onto home boys body, you’d know all about da union bastard cousin ..

Yo ..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If u @Nasheed need to be askin the big “what chu mean” j question ..

maybe U need some Ed ucation son ..

So from someone who’s been the streets when you weren’t even a little blimp on the map, and actually come out other side .. I’ll school yo young bo ..

Now I know u prob different cause u from da streets of home boy India, I got ya cause I got da gift … but u should know that if you be sticky taping your head onto home boys body, you’d know all about da union bastard cousin ..

Yo ..
I know all about tha J question. Talked about it in the media chat.

If you were from the streets you in the OG but these times is different.

Go down to Breakfast point to know real soldiers.

I didnt sticky tape my head on 'Pac I paid my friend 14 dollars to amalgamate us as one.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rule is simple.
It’s a one-on-one, except when it isn’t, but the second guy holds you, but let’s go just as the other guy steels it, so its called one-on-one. If it’s a Sunday.

If it’s a Saturday the rule is reversed.
Simple.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know all about tha J question. Talked about it in the media chat.

If you were from the streets you in the OG but these times is different.

Go down to Breakfast point to know real soldiers.

I didnt sticky tape my head on 'Pac I paid my friend 14 dollars to amalgamate us as one.
Old School LG Big back in town from Detroit Michigan, talkin ta da young kid @Nasheed ..

Ma streets were in the states fool .. we buried them in the ice till summer thawed them out, not some point where ya all had breakfast .. find some respect !

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Old School LG Big back in town from Detroit Michigan, talkin ta da young kid @Nasheed ..

Ma streets were in the states fool .. we buried them in the ice till summer thawed them out, not some point where ya all had breakfast .. find some respect !
What the FUCK are u saying?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why can't the ref's be fined ?
Maybe if the NRL starts hitting them it may make then rethink emotional and silly calls like the weekend.
I say this in every thread that's discussing dud calls. The grey areas started becoming more numerous when the NRL jumped in bed with a gambling agency. I'm very much convinced that if the cash flow of betting was made public, you'd be able to see where controversial decisions that won a team a game meant that the gambling partner brought in a very significant profit.

If my suspicions are true and there was a way to link referees to match fixing there'd be a large number of them going to jail IMO.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ref said it was a professional foul for delaying the game. Which was BS the st George player only had one hand on the ball Corey had both hands on the ball.

I think it was get square from the ref for Reynolds saying bullshit to him.
It’s times like these where I wish we don’t burn our captains challenge for something stupid like a knock on by TPJ

Even the Alamoti “knock on” within the last 5 minutes! I personally don’t think he lost it, he re gathered it with his hands

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s times like these where I wish we don’t burn our captains challenge for something stupid like a knock on by TPJ

Even the Alamoti “knock on” within the last 5 minutes! I personally don’t think he lost it, he re gathered it with his hands
Agree with this. I also question our strategy for using the Captains challenge. IMO the earlier in the game you use, the more certain you need to be that you will win it. We have been using early on some 50/50 calls and losing most of the time.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I say this in every thread that's discussing dud calls. The grey areas started becoming more numerous when the NRL jumped in bed with a gambling agency. I'm very much convinced that if the cash flow of betting was made public, you'd be able to see where controversial decisions that won a team a game meant that the gambling partner brought in a very significant profit.

If my suspicions are true and there was a way to link referees to match fixing there'd be a large number of them going to jail IMO.
Oh yeah so how exactly would this go down?
Real life example

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

He regathered it.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's Australia mate. Slap on the wrist and a few fines and she'll be sweet.

Gambling around the game has been a cancer. Needs to go.