the official super14 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didnt wake up and watch it, my mum did, and i could hear the tv in her room, i couldnt really hear what was goin on but i had a feelin an upset would happen :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TANA INJURED seriously i feel like cryin:(:o

why the hell was ma'a sin binned....i read on tellytext it was for a late tackle that was really just a push.

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hurricanes pair in night club stoush:

The South African curse has struck the high-flying Hurricanes with two players having to be disciplined after getting in a fight with each other at a nightclub in Bloemfontein at the weekend.

And now it remains to be seen whether the high-profile pair -- Jerry Collins and Lome Fa'atau -- will be stood down from this weekend's clash against the Stormers.

The Hurricanes management confirmed they have instituted disciplinary procedures on All Black flanker Collins and Samoan international wing Fa'atau after they were involved in a "minor" stoush with each other at the nightclub called Pizzaz.

The incident followed the Wellington-based team's first loss of the Rebel Sport Super 14 season at the weekend, the previously table-topping Canes being pipped 27-25 by the Cheetahs, after leading 25-10 a quarter of an hour into the second spell.

Apparently no one else was involved in the stoush, which allegedly involved one of the players throwing an elbow at the other. South African media have reported that punches were also thrown in the altercation which was broken up by Samoan international and Cheetahs hooker Trevor Leota.

It will, however, be a major disappointment to the Hurricanes who have acted quickly and apparently closed ranks over the incident.

Team management issued a statement saying they were "disappointed" to learn of a "minor incident" involving Collins and Fa'atau.

"The two players were involved in a minor tussle with each other at a nightclub in Bloemfontein," the Hurricanes statement said.

"No one else was involved and the matter has since been dealt with internally within the team, with both players dealt with under the team's protocols and code of conduct."

Hurricanes coach Colin Cooper told the Dominion-Post newspaper it "was not a big thing" but he would not rule out the miscreants being dropped for the weekend's clash in Cape Town.

"You'll have to wait and see. The team will be named on Friday," he told the paper.

If he were to discipline the pair it would be a big call. Fa'atau has been in prime form, scoring a competition-leading five tries, while Collins is the Canes' hard man of the pack and arguably their key figure up front.

Hurricanes franchise boss Malcolm Holmes told reporters in Wellington that the pair had been dealt with and it would be up to Cooper if any further punishment was meted out. "But it still doesn't take away the embarrassment that goes with it," he added.

Hurricanes team manager Garry Carnachan admitted the incident was not acceptable and that had been spelt out to the errant pair.

"We are disappointed to learn of the disagreement between these two players because under the current regime, extremely high standards have been set within the team both on and off the field," he said.

"We've made it clear to the players that they must conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times and they are aware that their actions were pretty stupid and not acceptable."

The team and players concerned have declined to make any further comment on the incident.

NZPA reported the owner of the nightclub, Bertus van der Nest, as saying that Collins initially struck Fa'atau with his elbow before bouncers had to restrain them. He said they then traded punches outside the bar before team-mates broke the stoush up.

"They left, and outside they had a fight and threw a few punches for maybe half a minute, before their guys came in and held them back," van der Nest said.

But the owner also said it had been an isolated incident with behaviour otherwise impeccable. "They're lovely guys, I had a chat with a lot of them, they behaved themselves," he told NZPA.

The Hurricanes, clearly not as happy a camp as many believed, must now regroup for their second match in South Africa, against the Stormers in Cape Town this weekend.

The side, despite occupying second place on the table, have their issues to deal with. As well as this latest hiccup, they have an injury crisis in midfield where they have lost Conrad Smith for the season with a broken leg and Tana Umaga for a month with a knee strain.

http://xtramsn.co.nz/rugby/0,,12428-5489504,00.html

~~~
It just keeps getting worse... only good thing is that we're number 2

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
*shakes head*

whats it comin to eh??

1st in 2004 with ma'a and another player..now jerry and lome...:(

*cries* i am seriously cut about this man lol :(

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
:(

i hope both jerry and lome play this weekend, the canes really cant afford to lose any more players :(:(

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hurricanes Pick Punch-Up Boys

10/03/2006
Duncan Johnstone

Hurricanes bad boys Jerry Collins and Lome Fa'atau have held their places in the team to play the Stormers despite their South African nightclub dust-up last weekend.

Coach Colin Cooper has deemed that the internal punishment dealt out to the duo wass satisfactory and has kept faith in the two internationals for what is a crucial game in Cape Town after the disappointing loss to the Cheetahs.

That result was further complicated by All Blacks flanker Collins and Samoa wing Fa'atau having a stoush between themselves that spilled on to the pavement outside the Bloemfontein nightclub.

The Canes are in a must-win situation against the struggling Stormers, especially with the powerful Bulls waiting in Pretoria next weekend.

Cooper has named a strong side for Sunday morning's match (NZ tme) despite the long-term loss of Tana Umaga to injury.

Tane Tu'ipulotu takes over at second five-eighths for Umaga and will play outside David Holwell with Jimmy Gopperth dropping to the bench. Holwell's presence will help the experience factor.

Captain Rodney So'oialo and lock Paul Tito have returned to the pack after sitting out the Cheetahs loss with a one-match ban for stomping.

Young rookie Isaia Toeava has regained the fullback's jersey from Shannon Paku.

HURRICANES: 15 Isaia Toeava, 14 Lome Fa'atau, 13 Ma'a Nonu, 12 Tane Tu'ipulotu, 11 Hosea Gear, 10 David Holwell, 9 Piri Weepu, 8 Rodney So'oialo, 7 Chris Masoe, 6 Jerry Collins, 5 Jason Eaton, 4 Paul Tito, 3 Neemia Tialata, 2 Andrew Hore, 1 Joe McDonnell. Reserves: 16 Luke Mahoney, 17 Tim Fairbrother, 18 Luke Andrews, 19 Thomas Waldrom, 20 Brendan Haami, 21 Jimmy Gopperth, 22 Shannon Paku.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

imo the canes couldnt really afford not to put them in the team...with injuries and such :(

speakin of the canes lol....on rugby 2006 jimmy gopperth is kicking nearly if not 199% every game:grinning:

tana scored 3 tires once:grinning: and ma'a scored like..4 or 5 once lol haha :D

I hope the canes win tomorrow morning :o :grinning:

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hmm....looks like Greg Cooper has put Roy Kinikinilau on the bench >:(...wtf...his replacement is Jason Kawau but i sopose that is ok seeing as Kawau is a southlander :D

CANES or the CRUSADERS????????

gots ta be the Canes....im hoping it is :o

Tana is back training with the boys :D:D:D:D:D:D ... oooh did ya's here about Piri being in hospital the other day...collapsed at training....but he's out of hospital now...not sure if he shall be playing though. :confused:

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it will be a tough match for the canes ayez..... crusaders will probs come out on top but eh.

got my signed waratahs ball yesterday :p

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Canterbury will win. They're just too good those guys.

I hate to admit it but Waratarts are going hard too. Canterbury V Waratarts should be a good game.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
F O B S i C L E said:
it will be a tough match for the canes ayez..... crusaders will probs come out on top but eh.

got my signed waratahs ball yesterday :p
POP IT!!! :p

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
*sigh* this thread does not get as used as it should :p :uptight:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Blues to win.

BTW why isn't Umaga captain anymore?

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
S14 Teams For Week 11

21/04/2006
XtraMSN

The following teams have been named for week 11 of the Rebel Sport Super 14 (all kick-offs NZ time).

The round is highlighted by a top four clash between the Brumbies and Hurricanes in Canberra on Saturday night.
=====================================================
Chiefs v Cheetahs, Hamilton, Friday, 7.35pm

CHIEFS: 15 Sosene Anesi, 14 Anthony Tahana, 13 Niva Ta'auso, 12 Sam Tuitupou, 11 Sitiveni Sivivatu, 10 Stephen Donald, 9 Jamie Nutbrown; 8 Liam Messam, 7 Marty Holah, 6 Kristian Ormsby, 5 Sean Hohneck, 4 Jono Gibbes (c), 3 Nathan White, 2 Aleki Lutui, 1 Simms Davison. Reserves: 16 Tom Willis, 17 Ben Castle, 18 Bernie Upton, 19 Steven Bates, 20 Byron Kelleher, 21 David Hill, 22 Mils Muliaina/Loki Crichton.

CHEETAHS: 15 Bevin Fortuin, 14 Giscard Pieters, 13 Ronnie Cooke, 12 Keith Lowen, 11 Gaffie du Toit, 10 Willem de Waal, 9 Falie Oelschig, 8 Ryno van der Merwe (c), 7 Barend Pieterse, 6 Kabamba Floors, 5 Corniel van Zyl, 4 Cobus Grobler, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Tiaan Liebenberg, 1 Ollie le Roux. Reserves: 16 Wian du Preez, 17 Os du Randt, 18 Ockie van Zyl, 19 Gareth Krause, 20 Michael Claassens, 21 Meyer Bosman, 22 Eddie Fredericks.

Referee: Stuart ****inson (Aus).
=====================================================
Reds v Stormers, Brisbane, Friday, 9.40pm

REDS
: 15 Drew Mitchell, 14 Peter Hynes, 13 Ben Tune, 12 Julian Huxley, 11 Caleb Brown, 10 Berrick Barnes, 9 Josh Valentine, 8 John Roe (c), 7 David Croft, 6 Tom McVerry, 5 James Horwill, 4 Mark Connors, 3 Rodney Blake, 2 Sean Hardman, 1 Greg Holmes. Reserves: 16 Stephen Moore, 17 Anthony Mathison, 18 Cameron Treloar, 19 Mitchell Chapman, 20 Nic Berry, 21 Lloyd Johansson, 22 Tim Atkinson.

STORMERS: 15 Tonderai Chavhanga, 14 Rayno Benjamin, 13 Jean de Villiers, 12 De Wet Barry (c), 11 Jongi Nokwe, 10 Naas Olivier, 9 Bolla Conradie, 8 Joe van Niekerk, 7 Schalk Burger, 6 Luke Watson, 5 Andries Bekker, 4 Gerrie Britz, 3 Neil Fullard, 2 Schalk Brits (c), 1 JD Moller. Reserves: 16 Hanyani Masana Shimange, 17 Eddie Andrews, 18 Henk Eksteen, 19 Adri Badenhorst, 20 Neil de Kock / Joe Pietersen, 21 Peter Grant, 22 Marius Joubert.

Referee: Lyndon Bray (NZ).
=======================================================
Western Force v Crusaders, Perth, Friday, 11.40pm

WESTERN FORCE: 15 Cameron Shepherd, 14 Haig Sare, 13 Josh Graham, 12 Scott Staniforth, 11 Digby Ioane, 10 Scott Daruda, 9 Matt Henjak; 8 Scott Fava, 7 Matt Hodgson, 6 David Pusey, 5 Nathan Sharpe (c), 4 Pat O'Connor, 3 Angus Scott, 2 Tai McIsaac, 1 Gareth Hardy. Reserves: 16 Luke Holmes, 17 David Te Moana, 18 Luke Doherty, 19 Tim Davidson, 20 Chris O'Young, 21 Brock James, 22 Tajhon Mailata.

CRUSADERS: 15 Leon MacDonald, 14 Rico Gear, 13 Caleb Ralph, 12 Aaron Mauger, 11 Scott Hamilton, 10 Daniel Carter, 9 Andrew Ellis; 8 Mose Tuiali'i, 7 Richie McCaw (c), 6 Reuben Thorne, 5 Kevin O'Neill, 4 Ross Filipo, 3 Campbell Johnstone, 2 Corey Flynn, 1 Wyatt Crockett. Reserves: 16 Tone Kopelani, 17 Greg Somerville, 18 Johnny Leo'o, 19 Tanerau Latimer, 20 Kevin Senio, 21 Stephen Brett, 22 Casey Laulala.

Referee
: Marius Jonker (SA).
Brumbies v Hurricanes, Canberra, Saturday, 9.40pm

BRUMBIES: 15 Adam Ashley-Cooper, 14 Clyde Rathbone, 13 Stirling Mortlock (c), 12 Joel Wilson, 11 Mark Gerrard, 10 Gene Fairbanks, 9 George Gregan; 8 Adam Wallace-Harrison, 7 George Smith, 6 Daniel Heenan, 5 Mark Chisholm, 4 Alister Campbell, 3 Nic Henderson, 2 Jeremy Paul, 1 Bill Young. Reserves: 16 James McCormack, 17 Guy Shepherdson, 18 Radike Samo, 19 Julian Salvi, 20 Patrick Phibbs, 21 Peter Owens, 22 Ben Batger.

HURRICANES: 15 Isaia Toeava, 14 Lome Fa'atau, 13 Ma'a Nonu, 12 Tana Umaga, 11 Shannon Paku, 10 David Holwell, 9 Piri Weepu, 8 Rodney So'oialo (c), 7 Chris Masoe, 6 Jerry Collins, 5 Jason Eaton, 4 Paul Tito, 3 Neemia Tialata, 2 Andrew Hore, 1 John Schwalger. Reserves: 16 Luke Mahoney, 17 Joe McDonnell, 18 Luke Andrews, 19 Thomas Waldrom, 20 Brendan Haami, 21 Jimmy Gopperth, 22 Tamati Ellison.

Referee: Mark Lawrence (SA).
========================================================
Sharks v Blues, Durban, Sunday, 1am

SHARKS
: 15 Percy Montgomery, 14 Odwa Ndungane, 13 Adrian Jacobs, 12 Andries Strauss, 11 Cedric Mkhize, 10 Tony Brown, 9 Ruan Pienaar; 8 AJ Venter, 7 Jacques Botes, 6 Warren Britz, 5 Johann Muller, 4 Johan Ackermann, 3 BJ Botha, 2 John Smit (c), 1 Deon Carstens. Reserves: 16 Bismarck du Plessis, 17 Heinke van der Merwe, 18 Albert van den Berg, 19 Keegan Daniel, 20 Scott Mathie, 21 Bradley Barritt, 22 Brent Russell.

BLUES: 15 Brent Ward, 14 Doug Howlett, 13 Anthony Tuitavake, 12 Isa Nacewa, 11 Joe Rokocoko, 10 Luke McAlister, 9 John Senio; 8 Nick Williams, 7 Daniel Braid, 6 Anthony Boric, 5 Ali Williams, 4 Greg Rawlinson, 3 John Afoa, 2 Keven Mealamu (c), 1 Tony Woodcock. Reserves: 16 Tim Dow, 17 Saimone Taumoepeau, 18 Jerome Kaino, 19 Onosai'i Tololima Auva'a, 20 Junior Poluleuigaga, 21 Ben Atiga, 22 Viliame Waqaseduadua.

Referee: Matt Goddard (Aus).
========================================================
Bulls v Cats, Pretoria, Sunday, 3am

BULLS: 15 Jaco van der Westhhuyzen, 14 Frikkie Welsh, 13 JP Nel, 12 Wynand Olivier, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Morne Steyn, 9 Fourie du Preez; 8 Pedrie Wannenburg, 7 Tim Dlulane, 6 Jacques Cronje, 5 Victor Matfield (c), 4 Bakkies Botha, 3 Danie Thiart, 2 Gary Botha, 1 Wessel Roux. Reserves: 16 Adriaan Strauss, 17 Jaco Engels, 18 Danie Rossouw, 19 Francois van Schouwenburg, 20 Pierre Spies, 21 Heini Adams, 22 Akona Ndungane.

CATS: 15 Earl Rose, 14 Conrad Jantjes, 13 Doppies la Grange, 12 Grant Esterhuizen, 11 Jaque Fourie, 10 Andre Pretorius (c), 9 Enrico Januarie; 8 Ernst Joubert, 7 Cobus Grobbelaar, 6 Trevor Hall, 5 Gerhard Mostert, 4 Kleinjan Tromp, 3 Daniel Muller, 2 Delarey Du Preez, 1 Lawrence Sephaka. Reserves: 16 Frederik Willem Wepener, 17 Marius Hurter, 18 Willem Stoltz, 19 Altenstadt Hulme, 20 Jano Vermaak, 21 Wayne Julies, 22 Wylie Human.

Referee: Craig Joubert (SA).
Byes: Highlanders, Waratahs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BY THE WAY .. PLEASE NOTE THE TIMES ARE NEW ZEALAND TIMES :grinning:

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lowen you are going to get your ass kicked by the chiefs.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At the moment the sharks are into the semis. The Bulls have to win by 47 i think...highly unlikely imo.

I just noticed. We never have spoiler threads for rugby games..i was gunna start one..but i thought id just post the scores in here.. :grinning:

Chiefs are ;eading 13-9 with 63 minutes gone.

:p

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Byron just scored...he has played very good tonight..

23-9 with 12 minutes to go.

Sorry KE but i think the blues have lost..i dont think they can come back from here..

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WOOO

Shannon Paku just scored...:grinning:Gopperth missed the kick..5-0 after 8 minutes.

P.S great run by Isia Toeava..jeez i love his name!!

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
great try saver by eaton..piri kicks but doesnt go out..tahs with the ball..tahs kick it...gopperth knocked on..:(

Im positive im spelling his name wrong :p

Status
Not open for further replies.