the official super14 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
its coming pplz :D
my bet is now that tana can focus on the 'canes and the lions...the 'canes will take the super14 trophy :D

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If our forwards can live up to our backs than we have a pretty good chance. But of course Canterbury are always strong.

Anyone else go to the S14 trial between Tahs & ACT yesterday? Tahs were strong and came out on top.. score was 21-5 (i think). Lots of big hits and a little stint of biff.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Highlanders Edge Out Crusaders

The Highlanders may have beaten the Crusaders 21-19 in their Super 14 warm-up match in Queenstown, but it certainly was not a match full of excitement.

Both teams scored three tries each with Roy Kinikinilau, Seilala Mapusua and Toby Morland dotting down for the southerners, while Steven Brett, Steven Yates and Lucky Mulipola crossed for the Crusaders.

Also for the Highlanders, Ben Blair kicked two conversions and Ryan Bambry kicked one.

Highlanders loose forward Andrew Blowers admits neither side gave too much away, given they play each other in round one of the new competition.

He says it was good to have a run around, and know neither team was taking the game overly seriously.

Across the Tasman, the Blues have been beaten by the Reds 29-14 in their Super 14 warm-up match in Brisbane, while South Africa's Central Cheetahs have won their match with the Western Force side from Perth 29-19.

Buncey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like the Chiefs, therefore they will win.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like all kiwi teams, plus joe rokocoko...just not the blues:p

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
go the chiefs.
best back three in the comp. mils muiliana, siteveni sivavatu and soseni anesi.

canes will finish in the bottom 7.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man Siteveni is cool...i cant remember if he played with waikato down here last year in the npc or not....but damn....joe's family are bloody good...ya got joe, sitiveni and watasoni(spelling) Lotawa(winger for southland, joe's cousin):D

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ben Blair Off To Cardiff?

25/01/2006
NewstalkZB
It looks like another New Zealand rugby player is off to the Cardiff club in Wales.

Canterbury and Highlanders fullback Ben Blair is being linked to a move to the Cardiff Blues.

Blair is playing for the Highlanders in the upcoming Super 14, but is then understood to be off contract, or at least sizing up his future options.

He played four tests for the All Blacks in 2001 and 2002, but has been on the outer ever since, even struggling to cement a place in the Crusaders, before being drafted into the Highlanders for the past two years.

Cardiff is led by Xavier Rush, with Jonah Lomu at the club until May.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I thought id post this since it kinda has something to do with super 14:D

He cant go to cardiff...hes cool....it would be lame if he goes!!

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope Rodney So’oialo does a good job as skipper for the 'canes

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally..hed be wayy better then richie mc caw as ab's captain....:sleepy:doesnt the public opinion count for anything *cries* :(

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hurricanes Blow Brumbies Out Of Town

28/01/2006
NewstalkZB

The Hurricanes have kicked off their pre-season Super 14 campaign in style by beating the Brumbies 40-7 in Masterton, scoring six tries to one.

Jason Eaton, Lome Fa'atau, Jimmy Gopperth, Conrad Smith and Hosea Gear crossed the line for the Hurricanes. Gear scored twice.

Coach Colin Cooper says while it is pleasing to have his players involved in a game situation, there are several things they need to work on. He says protection of the ball is one area, as they turned it over too often.

The Hurricanes led 14-nil at halftime.
------------------------------------------------------------------
*sings hurricanes song* Hurricanes.....Hurricanes....tehehe that songs cool:D

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the nrl games, and super14 games will be on at the same time, mainly dogs games.....

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm we should be using this thread more!!

Anyways how's every tips goin?? Top dogs here :D

How about the Reds/Crusaders match? Reds had a good run @ first.... And Dan's kicking was ergh. The QLD crowd was supportin the Crusaders more than the Reds :P

Canes v Force was actually pretty boring TBH. Hope Conrad get's better soon. The Force had a pretty good 2nd half.. they could defend but not attack :p

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well, if you really must know, ima leading my family in the www.telecomvirtualrugby.com tipping :grinning: haha i got 74 points hehe my dads losing, lmfao he was soo happy that he was beatin us all last week :p
I got 32 points this round, only got 3games right lmao, but got top points for them all

i think that try that rico scored off dan's cross field kick is up for try of the season :whacky: , that game infact haha that was a awesome game, mr gear deserved more then 1 try, try 100 haha ;)
haha the crusaders still smashed the reds and dan only kicked half his kicks lmao

i didnt see much of the welly game, but haha they smashed the force, at the expence of mr conrad damn, out for 6 months, no tri nats for him :(

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF was with the ref in the Canes match??? Shame on his undies man!

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
F O B S i C L E said:
WTF was with the ref in the Canes match??? Shame on his undies man!
I didnt see much of the canes match, wait, YES I DID lol i just have a crap memory.

But imo Rodney and Paul tito shouldnt have been cited, i mean the fat cats player wouldnt move!! :nervous:

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much all of the SA refs are rubbish IMO. Blowing the whistle means sh!t all to them

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hurricanes Falter In South Africa
8:44 AM, 05 Mar 2006 Print this story

Frontrunners the Hurricanes have been upset 27-25 by the South African side the Cheetahs in Bloemfontein suffering their first loss of the Super 14 rugby season.

The Hurricanes led 25-10 at one stage but seem to wilt in the altitude in the final twenty minutes.

The loss of acting skipper Tana Umaga through injury was also noticeable as the side lacked leadership at times.

The Highlanders had better fortune chalking up their second straight win in the republic beating the Stomers 30-15 in Capetown.

The Crusaders who beat the Blues in Christchurch last night 39-10 are now the only side to have won all four of their games.

The Waratahs beat the Sharks 31 16 in Sydney.
~~~~~

Dammit!!! The worst thing is I woke up to watch it! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.