The NRL hits Las Vegas, where results on and off the field could be explosive

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The world has gone mad. A Samoan cops the biggest ever racial vilification penalty in Australian sport. Every player that says coconut or fob better get the same fkn punishment. How bout Ezra gets his one backdated from the GF. Absolute fkn joke
Just remember when he comes back he can call any white player anything he wants and that's cool too

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just remember when he comes back he can call any white player anything he wants and that's cool too
Can he though? I never imagined a time when a TSI would accuse a Samoan of racial vilification. Leniu wasnt even being racist but got suspended for 8 weeks cause Mam was offended. So if a Tongan calls a Samoan a coconut and the Samoan gets offended, the Tongan should get suspended with this logic. Fkn madness

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Can he though? I never imagined a time when a TSI would accuse a Samoan of racial vilification. Leniu wasnt even being racist but got suspended for 8 weeks cause Mam was offended. So if a Tongan calls a Samoan a coconut and the Samoan gets offended, the Tongan should get suspended with this logic. Fkn madness
I'd say if you called any person of colour a monkey in any country in the world it would be taken as racist though. I don't think Leniu can be fair dinkum when he says he didn't intend it to be racist, that's got to be a huge pisstake.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brown people make comments amongst ourselves all the time. I know its a double standard but the reality is a islander calling someone a monkey is not the same as a white person. We are called monkeys as a slur too. Anyway, this is what i have known but this changes all that. But i believe that spencer was not being racist.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well they have definitely taken a hard line. Spencer has been made an example of no doubt. 1/3 of season imo is a bit steep, you’d have to almost decapitate a player to get 8 weeks. 4 weeks would of still sent a signal
When you look at the recent incident in the Afl where the St.Kilda player got 7 weeks fir a brutal hit and Spencer gets 8, it just doesn't compute in my eyes. What Spencer did was wrong for sure but what is the penalty going to be for a Grade 3 Reckless or intentional tackle from this point on?

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember when Harbajan called Andrew Syminds a monkey in the scg test. Meeting was called with the match referee and allegedly the Indian team threatened to abandon the tour if action was taken. A s per usual the powerful sub continental block got their way, CA caved in and it was swept under the carpet.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When you look at the recent incident in the Afl where the St.Kilda player got 7 weeks fir a brutal hit and Spencer gets 8, it just doesn't compute in my eyes. What Spencer did was wrong for sure but what is the penalty going to be for a Grade 3 Reckless or intentional tackle from this point on?
Crazy isn’t it. The AFL has always been lenient when it comes to any sort of punishment. They put the players before the game imo. How’s that coach the other day, maybe from same incident, calling the player a cocksucker. That games full of morons, yet league gets labelled the boofhead sport

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought he would get around 4 weeks. 8 is way to big for something said which had no racial intent. I read somewhere that the NRL counsel referred to him as Luai repeatedly and called him Tongan. Thats offensive AF to a Samoan lol Should of given himself 8 weeks

The NRL's lawyer made two embarrassing blunders at Spencer Leniu's judiciary hearing, where the Roosters prop was hit with a hefty suspension for racially vilifying Ezra Mam.

In an embarrassing blunder for the NRL, counsel Lachlan Gyles referred to Samoan Leniu as Tongan, and referred to him as 'Spencer Luai' at the beginning of the hearing.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I love the media getting paid to have a holiday in Vegas don’t have a bad word to say about it.. I also heard some commentator on triple m or something that didn’t get a junket pass bringing up all the faults like the smaller field and the tV numbers ect ect ha ha ha

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love the media getting paid to have a holiday in Vegas don’t have a bad word to say about it.. I also heard some commentator on triple m or something that didn’t get a junket pass bringing up all the faults like the smaller field and the tV numbers ect ect ha ha ha
If I was invited and trip paid for, I’d have glowing endorsement too.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
If I was invited and trip paid for, I’d have glowing endorsement too.
100% so would everyone it’s just funny they want their next couple of year trips secured good on them it’s only a rort if you are not in on it.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100% so would everyone it’s just funny they want their next couple of year trips secured good on them it’s only a rort if you are not in on it.
I’m catching up with a mate in a couple of weeks who went. Be interested in he’s take