The NRL hits Las Vegas, where results on and off the field could be explosive

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But what exactly was the spectacle? First game was of a very ordinary standard. Second game was good but no better than if it was played at the SFS to be honest. Apart from the outside shots of Allegiant Stadium it was ho-hum footy.
You’d have to admit there was a genuine buzz around season kicking off. Was all people were talking about both before game, and on the Monday at work. I hadn’t been that excited for an opener for a long time. I agree second game was a better one. Yet both ok for round 1.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Leniu tries a bit too hard to create the tough guy image, there was no need for the post match carry on. He's lucky he didn't play in the 90s or someone like Tallis would've sorted him out.

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs go and everyone on the kennel gets a complimentary pass + travel and accommodation
As a reward for staying the course for the last 10 years of misery. Great idea.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My son and I have already booked tickets for next year can’t fucking wait.
I’ll be going one of the years. Probably not next as I’d like kids a bit older. Unless I go boys trip, nah that’s never happening. Tbh out of all jerseys I seen on coverage, which was majority don’t think I seen ours

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ll be going one of the years. Probably not next as I’d like kids a bit older. Unless I go boys trip, nah that’s never happening. Tbh out of all jerseys I seen on coverage, which was majority don’t think I seen ours

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I’m no fan of the Rorters or Robinson but I find it funny how people see or interpret things differently. Robinson is merely saying that he wouldn’t comment further on it as he didn’t hear what was said. Maybe the word right was a bad choice of wording. I see it as he wasn’t going to buy into the subject of he said this and he said that. That’s fair enough.

it’s not up to Robinson, me, you or anyone else to make comment without proof of what was actually said. Now that doesn’t mean Lenui is innocent or guilty. That’s a decision for the tribunal.

Andrew Voss and Latrel Mitchell have publicly said Lenui should be out for half the season! So they claim he’s guilty before going to the judiciary to defend himself. If people don’t Use the word “allegedly” publicly they can be sued as has happened to a few people in the media.
I'm not saying Leniu is guilty or innocent but when Robinson used the word 'right', to most people that insinuated that Mamm was fabricating the story IMO.
If I was to lean towards guilty or not guilty I would go guilty, there is no real reason for Mamm to make that up. And Leniu basically incriminated himself post-match by saying that it was just a bit of fun and games. That's pretty damning IMO.

If guilty he should get skulldragged for it, poor NRL lol, they would be fretting about having to penalise a club that they suck off on the regular. Leniu will get suspended for about half the matches he would've got if he played for one of the bastard children clubs of the comp.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My son is 21 so it will be a boys trip :tearsofjoy: He called me yesterday to tell me he’s booked flights and we’re going……. I told him he’s always been my favourite :tearsofjoy:
I imagine next years turn out will be even bigger, judging by the reaction of so many fans and players wanting to travel to Vegas experience the show.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not saying Leniu is guilty or innocent but when Robinson used the word 'right', to most people that insinuated that Mamm was fabricating the story IMO.
If I was to lean towards guilty or not guilty I would go guilty, there is no real reason for Mamm to make that up. And Leniu basically incriminated himself post-match by saying that it was just a bit of fun and games. That's pretty damning IMO.

If guilty he should get skulldragged for it, poor NRL lol, they would be fretting about having to penalise a club that they suck off on the regular. Leniu will get suspended for about half the matches he would've got if he played for one of the bastard children clubs of the comp.
there is no voice footage apparently, FMD big deal over nothing IMO. Coloured guy calling another coloured guy, what happens on the field stays on the field

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I imagine next years turn out will be even bigger, judging by the reaction of so many fans and players wanting to travel to Vegas experience the show.
Yeah a lot of my mates are talking about organising trips already and it wasn’t even on the radar until the games where played on the weekend.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Walsh was charged for a shoulder charge on topu , only a 3k fine.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
My problem with Vegas is the same as with Magic Round (hallelujah, this year it’s an away game for the first time), that’s a home game lost. Plus we take a home game to the regions, this year it’s Bundaberg again. If we ever get to go to Vegas you can bet it will be another home game that we will have to give up. Have our season tickets dropped in price since we have 2 or 3 less home games? That‘s effectively equivalent to a 20%+ price increase, less games with no price reduction. Basically it’s ripping off your season ticket holders, I’m not sure that’s a good idea.

On Vegas specifically, that skinny short field had a huge effect on the game, despite what the junket beneficiary’s keep telling us. For long periods it was boring as bat shit, up the middle, up the middle, time after time. Forwards clogging up the backline, 2nd rowers playing in the middle 3rd, with that skinny field more like a middle half where all the play was, the wear factor was obvious on the playing surface. Chopped up middle because there was no “out wide”, no space for decent blind side plays, the whole field is middle plus a bit.

Why? Just because it’s NRL in Vegas, I’ve been there many times, didn’t need no farkin NRL game, if you want to go to a Vegas just go.

Always a Bulldog

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched Matty Johns show last night.

Quoted a comment from Politis, that because the Roosters won the game, they should be going next year.

Is there any wonder that the Roosters are my most hated team?

Matty believes that Penrith and Melbourne should be two of the teams that go next year. He also indicated the Warriors deserve recognition for saving the comp during Covid year by relocating to Australia For most of that season.

This was a thought I mentioned in a post here the other day.

One potential problem that hasn’t been mentioned anywhere is the World Club Challenge may have to be rescheduled to an earlier week, as whoever wins the NRL GF would potentially be playing in the UK the week prior If the current scheduling remains as is.

Should it be in OZ next year, and maybe 10 days earlier than it was this year? This would mean they only have to travel once, thus get to Vegas earlier and have a better chance to acclimatise.

Last edited: