News The NRL has issued the Bulldogs with a please explain over Willie Mason paid relationship with the TAB while he is an assistant coach

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Aren't the Bulldogs part of the reclaimthegame thingy? Isn't that why this is an issue?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yet how man stadiums are sponsored by betting agencies..or even teams.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
even with willie at T.A.B and ladbrokes as a former sponsor reffs still never help us lol

btw nrl, the kennel issues you a santa sized list of please explains lmfao

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its the inside info issue..
Yeah..but I guess that could be said about CEOs who guide sponsorships..any connections whatsoever.. I reckon there should be a blanket ban of any connection between betting sponsorships and sport..

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Is this because of scope's podcast? Whoever wrote this article was probably the one who raised with the NRL. Suck it.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I won't be able to trust the results aren't rigged in the NRL while they've got a betting agency as a corporate partner. The constant rule changes to add new grey area's for referee discretion on calls, rules that basically allow W them to make calls without much scrutiny (6 again rules), coaches gagged from criticisms of decisions. These gambling organisations shouldn't have ever been allowed to have any relationship with the game. It's basically a version of insider trading and a massive conflict of interest.

But a few coaches assistants get gigs with gambling agencies and it's highly suspicious suddenly.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs should counter issue the NRL with a please explain on why Tom Burgess is playing this week and beyond after grabbing Reynolds nuts.

I mean, that probably needs more explaining than the Willie Mason thingo.

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Willie Mason please explain why our fowards are shitting themselves since you and omeily joined?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah..but I guess that could be said about CEOs who guide sponsorships..any connections whatsoever.. I reckon there should be a blanket ban of any connection between betting sponsorships and sport..
You're not wrong but it aint happening... I'd also say Mason is in direct contact with coaches and the playing group whilst the CEO make mere Caminos from the stands.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A nothing story with the agenda driven buzz behind it.

The NRL can kiss my ass for all I care, they pick and choose when to get involved.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lol. Sports betting agencies are all over sponsoring the game, but you cant have a relationship with any of them as an assistant coach? Considering Masons relationship is probably some kind of advertising / media role, its no worse than the players having it on their jerseys, or naming stadiums after sportbetting agencies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You're not wrong but it aint happening... I'd also say Mason is in direct contact with coaches and the playing group whilst the CEO make mere Caminos from the stands.
Ban any connections..solves the innuendoes.. :blush: