The Murika Thread

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I highly doubt Trump would win the nomination. He's burnt too many bridges. It was always going to be DeSantis.
I don't know, he probably will be nominated and will contest the 2024 election as the republican presidential candidate, but by that time he could well be fighting no less than 5 court battles and, as we all know, it's not the "rusted-on supporters" or base that win elections, but the swing voters and it's hard to see trump and the republicans having much appeal.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The upcoming US presidential election is to be very destructive for the country... for the Democrats, there is no apparent good selection (Biden, Kamala, Buttigieg etc.) and for the Republicans, you have a horribly compromised Trump who still controls the populist portions of the right or very unappealing establishment right wingers (Pence, Haley, Pompeo etc.)... and things are just going to get worse in the country economically, socially, militarily, internationally etc.

Interestingly, DeSantis criticised the US involvement in Ukraine which is a "territorial dispute" in his words but then backtracked quickly... perhaps some special interests got into his ear and want to use him to undermine Trump's populist appeal while serving establishment interests

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Babylon is slowly imploding..... what goes around, comes around.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Babylon is slowly imploding..... what goes around, comes around.
The American global hegemony is imploding and they will have economic challenges with the increasing de-dollarisation of international trade... but from a domestic perspective, the US will be alright in the long term... Europe is f*+#ed though and some countries (eg. Germany) are going to have to make their way back to Moscow to negotiate (ie. grovel)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The upcoming US presidential election is to be very destructive for the country... for the Democrats, there is no apparent good selection (Biden, Kamala, Buttigieg etc.) and for the Republicans, you have a horribly compromised Trump who still controls the populist portions of the right or very unappealing establishment right wingers (Pence, Haley, Pompeo etc.)... and things are just going to get worse in the country economically, socially, militarily, internationally etc.

Interestingly, DeSantis criticised the US involvement in Ukraine which is a "territorial dispute" in his words but then backtracked quickly... perhaps some special interests got into his ear and want to use him to undermine Trump's populist appeal while serving establishment interests
My guess is that DeSantis PR said to him, "if you are against Ukraine support, your opposition will claim you support Russia"

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is that DeSantis PR said to him, "if you are against Ukraine support, your opposition will claim you support Russia"
Doubt it... It is easy 13-14 months and $60+ billion into this Ukrainian catastrophe to argue that vital American interests won't be found on the Ukrainian steppe (eg. think Trump's anti-military adventurism platform in 2016)... If I had to guess, those that are profiting from the war --> the military industrial complex, the ideologues, the energy industry etc. - incentivised a change of heart

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Who influences the United States economy? Is it the bankers? Or the previous republican president?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I think if you shake any family tree hard enough almost anything is likely to fall out...
If you follow the book we are all related.

Definitely us with blue eyes all share the same ancestor.
It's proven by science us blueys are mutant freaks!