The most disappointing thing about last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In attack, we looked good, energized and the first time in a very long time we looked like we had a plan, intent and working towards something. We scored 18 and could have easily had a few more.

However in such a game, you would expect your best players to stand up and do there job. I am not bagging him because he has been great buy Jackson was a real let down in such a game.

When you are doing so many other good things, for him our of all people to have a shocker is a real disappointment.

If he was his usual self, we win that.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In attack, we looked good, energized and the first time in a very long time we looked like we had a plan, intent and working towards something. We scored 18 and could have easily had a few more.

However in such a game, you would expect your best players to stand up and do there job. I am not bagging him because he has been great buy Jackson was a real let down in such a game.

When you are doing so many other good things, for him our of all people to have a shocker is a real disappointment.

If he was his usual self, we win that.
The guy was concussed, most other players would have let the trainer take them off but Jacko was pushing them away.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was surprised we let so many tries in! I didn’t think we would struggle in defense, and not sure what’s going on with our fitness, we need a trainer who knows what they’re doing!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Perspective is important.

We let 36 points in. But 2 were fluke (12 points), and one from a pass 3m forwards. Take them away and we are level 18 points a piece.

HOWEVER whilst we let in 36, if it was the Roosters or Broncos, they would have been 50-60 points.

Not to mention, our tries we scored by breaking the best defensive team in the comps defence, and we bombed a few tries. We looked dangerous every time we were within 30-40m of their line.

36 points... big deal... the underlying signs versus the competition benchmark is the important thing.. and boy do they look good.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Jmoz has lost the ability to create chances for his wingers, he's just not fast any more and never had great footwork...

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The guy was concussed, most other players would have let the trainer take them off but Jacko was pushing them away.
I agree he looked unsteady. Jacko and Coaching staff need to learn from this. He was not a hero staying on, in fact it proved costly. He will no doubt learn from the experience.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the most disappointing thing about that game was the lack of 'madness.' Where was the promised 'madness' and when will we be expecting it?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Felt the same way about Klemmer also.

Every time he plays for NSW or Australia he's just about best on ground. For some reason we're not getting that sort of output when he's wearing a Dogs jersey

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Perspective is important.

We let 36 points in. But 2 were fluke (12 points), and one from a pass 3m forwards. Take them away and we are level 18 points a piece.

HOWEVER whilst we let in 36, if it was the Roosters or Broncos, they would have been 50-60 points.

Not to mention, our tries we scored by breaking the best defensive team in the comps defence, and we bombed a few tries. We looked dangerous every time we were within 30-40m of their line.

36 points... big deal... the underlying signs versus the competition benchmark is the important thing.. and boy do they look good.
Spot on ,the signs are good

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree jj should have come off but if the rest of our pack play with the same intensity as RFM we win that match by 6 imo

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its only Rd 1 but fmd the Storm with Bellamy have got a gun roster and Slater didnt even play last night

If they stay fit I cant see anyone beating them apart from maybe the Cowboys

I really think apart from those 2 every other team is just making up the numbers

They have the perfect balance across the park and 2 absolute GUN wingers that can turn a game out of nothing exactly like what happened last night

3rdgendogfanWA

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we are to keep the same lineup next week, Fualalo needs to be in the front row rotation with Tolman, then Eastwood and Elliot can rotate at lock. Would almost go as far to say start JMK at 5/8 and move him to hooker when Lichaa comes off?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
The most disappointing thing about last night was not the score. To me, it was the fitness. Not sure where the club is finding these fitness / strength and conditioning trainers from. Listening to dean pay preseason saying we did lot of running, I think just running is useless for the nrl. High interval training is what is needed for the nrl. Not slow 7km jogs.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Match fitness, defence/individual lapses. The scoreline.

Status
Not open for further replies.