The most disappointing thing about last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Felt the same way about Klemmer also.

Every time he plays for NSW or Australia he's just about best on ground. For some reason we're not getting that sort of output when he's wearing a Dogs jersey
We got plenty of those performances out of him for the dogs last year.

He can’t set the world on fire every week.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I see a few comments about our fitness or lack thereof

It’s called match fitness!

For some bizarre reason the coaching staff thought it was awesome to cotton wool our boys

Storm had 3 big hit outs prior to this game

Playing scrimmages behind closed doors with reserve graders will never ever substitute or compensate for real match fitness

I don’t care what level from Park footy to nrl if you don’t have match fitness you are behind the 8 ball

Last night was akin to turning up to a gun fight with a butter knife

Bellamy would have been laughing

The good news is our boys now have 80 mins under their belts so should be good next game

Ps does anyone care to remember our reserve grade win over panthers in that trial? Both our teams got dusted this weekend

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree we lacked a little match fitness. I only thought Eastwood and possibly Elliot looked gassed without being one the field very long.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perspective is important.

We let 36 points in. But 2 were fluke (12 points), and one from a pass 3m forwards. Take them away and we are level 18 points a piece.

HOWEVER whilst we let in 36, if it was the Roosters or Broncos, they would have been 50-60 points.

Not to mention, our tries we scored by breaking the best defensive team in the comps defence, and we bombed a few tries. We looked dangerous every time we were within 30-40m of their line.

36 points... big deal... the underlying signs versus the competition benchmark is the important thing.. and boy do they look good.
Seriously dude....the storm were the better team.....the difference being their speed around the ruck and our inability to contain munster

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The other thing is that new Perth stadium surface looked hard and fast which benefited Storm with their back 3 speedsters

Fk man was our last out and out speedster Barba? B Moz came to us busted and J Moz lost speed.

Cannot coach speed

Remember when we had that Michael Lett guy lol he was avg for us but Bellamy would have made him a superstar

Surely there are speedsters in the market next year

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree we lacked a little match fitness. I only thought Eastwood and possibly Elliot looked gassed without being one the field very long a full.
Which makes u wonder why pay didnt play a full strength first grade team against the panthers a few weeks ago....bad move

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Jmoz has lost the ability to create chances for his wingers, he's just not fast any more and never had great footwork...
Hope we don't resign the Morris twins....we wed to sign some young outside backs with speed....what a joke if we resign them...

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we are to keep the same lineup next week, Fualalo needs to be in the front row rotation with Tolman, then Eastwood and Elliot can rotate at lock. Would almost go as far to say start JMK at 5/8 and move him to hooker when Lichaa comes off?
Why even take lichaa off? Its a wasted substitution IMO, what other teams sub their hooker? That's one of our weak links

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope we don't resign the Morris twins....we wed to sign some young outside backs with speed....what a joke if we resign them...
Totally agree, they are solid at best now and offer no attacking threat what so ever. They got early ball last night and were easy meat for the defence. Their pace is long gone and it’s not coming back.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
we will be shot defensively next season if we dont keep at least 1 of them. not enough talent off contract 2019 heading into 2020 is when we make moves in recruitment

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Jmoz has lost the ability to create chances for his wingers, he's just not fast any more and never had great footwork...
He is still an awesome defensive centre but Jmoz has been horrible in attack for years and is a ball hog. I never really bought the argument that he doesn't receive quality ball. He is just very ordinary in attack IMO.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everybody has an opinion on what may have gone wrong. I think the key element was the fact we did not have enough possession.
I havnt seen the stats but I'm sure thats true.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cut out 2 one on one misses and that lucky ado car intercept its a different game

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I see a few comments about our fitness or lack thereof

It’s called match fitness!

For some bizarre reason the coaching staff thought it was awesome to cotton wool our boys

Storm had 3 big hit outs prior to this game

Playing scrimmages behind closed doors with reserve graders will never ever substitute or compensate for real match fitness

I don’t care what level from Park footy to nrl if you don’t have match fitness you are behind the 8 ball

Last night was akin to turning up to a gun fight with a butter knife

Bellamy would have been laughing

The good news is our boys now have 80 mins under their belts so should be good next game

Ps does anyone care to remember our reserve grade win over panthers in that trial? Both our teams got dusted this weekend
So in other words playing a trial means absolutely nothing when it comes to the real thing......Want to re-think that comment about the need to play trials.....

Status
Not open for further replies.