The most disappointed I've been as a Bulldogs fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me start this off by saying I'm only 17, and although I've supported the Bulldogs for as long as I can remember, I only really followed them since about 2002, since I was able to comprehend the trivialities of NRL at that time.

I'll break this down year by year.
2002 - Our team was deadset robbed. Although It was an awesome feeling winning though.
2003 - We played semi finals football and were beaten by a very good Roosters side.
2004 - Premiers. Best feeling ever.
2005 - We were crippled by injuries, I blamed that
2006 - Another good season, though the Broncos game shattered me
2007 - An iffy year, performed decently, though we had a better roster than our position suggested
2008 - Worst year, but we had a squad that would've been beaten by a NSW cup team. I blamed that
2009 - Awesome year, exceeded all expectations.
2010 - Another disappointing year, but I blamed our halves, and largely ineffective forwards
2011 - What do I have to blame? We've got an awesome backline, such promising halves and a beastly forward pack. It's easy to blame the coach, but then you have to realise that the coach only has so much of an impression.

I've never given up on a season, even in 2008 after beating the Dragons I thought we had hope, I've honestly never felt so hopeless as a team supporter. I'm frustrated beyond help.

I don't mean to turn this into an anti-Moore thread, but why did we let go of Folkes? Was he really that bad? Look at it this way, if you assume we finished first in 2002, and negate 2008, we finished in the top three 4/6 time, only missing out on finals football in 2005. Add up our total ladder finishes in that year and we have a total placing of 28 out of a possible 96 with an average placing of 3.1.

Just in case you didn't understand, if you add the 1 in 2002, to the three in 2003, to the 2 in 2004, etc.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon we're at rock bottom since our 2004 success.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Yep, that loss yesterday is close to the bottom. Further losses from now you can take, becaue now you expect it.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Magic Arrow - I hear you loud and clear. Perhaps I can help.

Following Bulldogs can be (and often is) more than just "Wins" on the competition ladder.
When we are going well - Everyone hates us !
When we're playing like busted arses - Everyone loves to hate us more, because they can lay the boot in while we're down.

Now ask thyself ... why do "they" enjoy our misery so much ?
Because we are "The Bulldogs" - For decades long before you and I were born, we are the proverbial thorn in the side of many 'other teams fans'. Our overall success as a club during my lifetime, means we've earned generations of haters. Jealous Parra fans. Butthurt Dragons fans. Idiotic Rooster fans. D*ckhead Manly fans. We cop it from everyone and you know why ??? ..... They hate us because they aint us !!! They want to be as good as us, and enjoy the sucesses we've had, but they never will !

So here we are in one of pour darkest periods for a few years .... 2008 WAS WORSE !!!
Dont you remember the week-to-week 50-point drubbings ???

Sure it's frustrating watching us limp around like gerriatric pensioners lost on the way home from Bingo ... sure, we 'should' be higher than we are .... and sure, I agree that if we want anything to change then something needs urgent addressing .... I get all that.

But at the end of the day ... be comforted by the fact that "the hate that is born within the heart of every Bulldogs hater originates from the fact they are largely jealous of who we are !".

I know you're relatively young, and I applaud you for reaching out for clarity.

At the end of the day ... things 'could' be a lot worse.
You could be a Parra fan ?
Or a Roosters fan ?
Who'd wanna be a Dragons fan over the next 5 years after Bennett goes ???

Not me - No siree Bob !

These are the trenches of rugby league warfare.
Hard yards MUST be done to get out of it.

Will we do it ? I hope so, and sooner rather than later.
Can we do it ? History repeatedly shows me "YES".

If you're bummed because we're no winning ... take comfort in the fact that you are part of a wonderful family of fans.

If you're bummed because of the haters ... take comfort in the fact they all fear us, and would love any opportunity to kick us when we're lying down !

Either way : There are already thousands of Tigers fans around saying things like "Oh God I hope we beat those Bulldogs next Friday - I cant stand them !!!"

Tune in on Friday night, hope for the best and maybe .. just maybe ... with a little luck, we can go home victors ... and you can watch the many, many butthurt faces of Tigers fans, as we inflict the same mental punishment on their psyche from 9th, as we do when we're leading the comp ! It don't matter where we are on the ladder, they all still fear us, and any win they get seems huge because it's filled with relief !!!

Spaz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im shattered! I ve been a hard Doggies supporter for 27 yrs, but lately Ive been walking around with my tail between my legs. Im embarassed and cant see us winning any more than 1 or 2 games if we play this style of football. Not sure what the solution is but we look like we arent playing with Mongrel or intensity. There is no sting in defense and it really shows when watching the games. I know they are trying hard but honestly Ryan and Hodgson just cant cut it at this level anymore. We need young powerhouses that can sting and steam roll with faster play the balls. Pritchard needs to see the ball much more too, he looks dangerous most carries yet he get the ball 6 times a game. We desperatley need Paea back and put Idris in the 2nd row. Have we kicked a 40/20all year?

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Form is temporary.
Class is forever.

Bulldogs till the bitter f*cking END !!!

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our current situation is compounded by the fact that we have one of the BEST playing rosters in the NRL this year and there are no legitimate excuses for all the performances other than coaching.
Most media analysts and rugby league experts had us in their top 4 for 201 1before the season kicked off and they based their predictions purely on the quality of playing rosters.
THE ISSUE IS THE QUALITY OF COACHING NOT PLAYING STAFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

farenhyt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Everyone iis disappointed... That's just because we have high expectations and we are used to being successful... It's a roller coaster ride.... We have to ride it with the club .... And the players.... Yes it's frustrating.... But just ask dragons, sharks, souths, Canberra fans how much worse it can get... I'm sure it was a long 31 Years for the dragons. Patience is key... Weather it's with Moore or without him... patience is key

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i second that ck.....after sleeping it off, i wake up this morning wanting tigers blood this friday and i know my beloved BULLDOGS will give us a reason to believe again.come on boys lets ride this slump out and come home like a STEAM TRAIN...............BULLDOG FOR LIFE

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's more inspirational then what Moore has ever spoken to our boys ever. He's got no idea on how to lift our boys when they are down.

Magic Arrow - I hear you loud and clear. Perhaps I can help.

Following Bulldogs can be (and often is) more than just "Wins" on the competition ladder.
When we are going well - Everyone hates us !
When we're playing like busted arses - Everyone loves to hate us more, because they can lay the boot in while we're down.

Now ask thyself ... why do "they" enjoy our misery so much ?
Because we are "The Bulldogs" - For decades long before you and I were born, we are the proverbial thorn in the side of many 'other teams fans'. Our overall success as a club during my lifetime, means we've earned generations of haters. Jealous Parra fans. Butthurt Dragons fans. Idiotic Rooster fans. D*ckhead Manly fans. We cop it from everyone and you know why ??? ..... They hate us because they aint us !!! They want to be as good as us, and enjoy the sucesses we've had, but they never will !

So here we are in one of pour darkest periods for a few years .... 2008 WAS WORSE !!!
Dont you remember the week-to-week 50-point drubbings ???

Sure it's frustrating watching us limp around like gerriatric pensioners lost on the way home from Bingo ... sure, we 'should' be higher than we are .... and sure, I agree that if we want anything to change then something needs urgent addressing .... I get all that.

But at the end of the day ... be comforted by the fact that "the hate that is born within the heart of every Bulldogs hater originates from the fact they are largely jealous of who we are !".

I know you're relatively young, and I applaud you for reaching out for clarity.

At the end of the day ... things 'could' be a lot worse.
You could be a Parra fan ?
Or a Roosters fan ?
Who'd wanna be a Dragons fan over the next 5 years after Bennett goes ???

Not me - No siree Bob !

These are the trenches of rugby league warfare.
Hard yards MUST be done to get out of it.

Will we do it ? I hope so, and sooner rather than later.
Can we do it ? History repeatedly shows me "YES".

If you're bummed because we're no winning ... take comfort in the fact that you are part of a wonderful family of fans.

If you're bummed because of the haters ... take comfort in the fact they all fear us, and would love any opportunity to kick us when we're lying down !

Either way : There are already thousands of Tigers fans around saying things like "Oh God I hope we beat those Bulldogs next Friday - I cant stand them !!!"

Tune in on Friday night, hope for the best and maybe .. just maybe ... with a little luck, we can go home victors ... and you can watch the many, many butthurt faces of Tigers fans, as we inflict the same mental punishment on their psyche from 9th, as we do when we're leading the comp ! It don't matter where we are on the ladder, they all still fear us, and any win they get seems huge because it's filled with relief !!!

jimmyjames

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No doubt we've been disappointing since our great start.

We've had a few things to contend with:

A horror draw the first 10 rounds.
Injuries to morris / eastwood, both players were very underdone the first 2 weeks back.
Injury to tolman - the form forward in the comp at the time.
Goodwins injury has hurt our conversion rate.
The idris drama which seems to have affected his attitude.
The relentless media stories on problems in the club / moore's sacking / ryan being pushed out the door.
A halves combination that just doesn't look comfortable yet.

I hate the shallow attacking style they've employed this year. We're not deep enought to hit gaps at speed. Also, our line speed in defence is just terrible. Nothing worse than seeing other teams backs dancing around looking for a hole while we stand off them or letting opposition kickers get their kick away with no pressure on them.

Anyway, as a fan you've just got to suck it up and follow them every week. It will be interesting to see if they can get out of the current slump - still possible. As for other teams hating us, makes it all the sweeter when we beat em.

Spaz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The players still need to execute. Its not the coaches fault for forward passes, missed tackles , lazyness and drop balls. The Coachng staff and players are responsible.
Our current situation is compounded by the fact that we have one of the BEST playing rosters in the NRL this year and there are no legitimate excuses for all the performances other than coaching.
Most media analysts and rugby league experts had us in their top 4 for 201 1before the season kicked off and they based their predictions purely on the quality of playing rosters.
THE ISSUE IS THE QUALITY OF COACHING NOT PLAYING STAFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

Gladiator.

Has anyone ever seen our line get set in attack in the opposition 20 or am I blind as a bat? That goes back to poor f*cking coaching, even under 10's know how to get set.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Off the top of your head (this is aimed at anyone) when was the last two times we got a repeat set this season? Hell, name me the last time.

I'll wait.....

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Off the top of your head (this is aimed at anyone) when was the last two times we got a repeat set this season? Hell, name me the last time.

I'll wait.....
congratulations, i am stumped

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players still need to execute. Its not the coaches fault for forward passes, missed tackles , lazyness and drop balls. The Coachng staff and players are responsible.
Thats true Spaz but the errors are made because they're not switched on, not sharp. Tt's the coaching staff's job to ensure the attitude is right and the players have their bloody heads on before they run out

G

Gladiator.

I'll wait.....
Thanks Katt Williams :p

We are f*cking sh*t, no sugar coating it, we need a coach with balls that will admit when we're sh*t, not saying the ball didn't bounce our way, that we were in the game in the first half. We were lucky not to verse a top 8 team this week, otherwise the floodgates would have opened and we'd be staring down the barrel of a 40+ ass r*ping.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yesterday was the worst performance by a dogs team that I have ever seen, that try from the srum was an absoulate disgrace, softest Ive seen all year. Hopefully yesterday was rock bottom and it won't get any worse, only time will tell. Saying that though, I'm still going to go to the pub on friday and cheer them on, I may even wear my jersey.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Saying that though, I'm still going to go to the pub on friday and cheer them on, I may even wear my jersey.
Amen brother !! :p

You wear it with pride and rub it in people's faces ... and if people sledge you, they only do so because they really fear losing to us !!!

Of course it's good times for other teams when we lose ... they ALL hate us, because they ALL ain't us !

Stick it to the Central Coast WG !!!
Put that jersey ON !!!

:becky:

Status
Not open for further replies.