News The Mole: Bulldogs meeting to decide Josh Addo-Carr's future after 'dramatic' week

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopefully he and the club work whatever issues out. Not that Fox is indispensable but I'd rather have him on my team than see him carve up for a top 4 team and score 20 tries next year for another club. Especially when we have too much cap space as it is and very few quality players have hit the market.

So we can't afford to offload one of the few rep calibre players we have and then try and replace them with lesser players..

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wasn't give the support because he lied to the board & then the video immerged.

Call me racist, I am over First Nation people going on about displacement and land rights, when I happened over 200 odd years ago & has nothing to do with them.

I am old school, I still say full blooded Aboriginals, half casts etc.

Most Aboriginals complaining are mixed race.

Awaits the fire & brimstone that is about to fall on me.
Freedom of speech thats equal for all so long as it doesn't come from a place of hate.

I still call gay fellas poofters doesn't mean I hate them. Also, quite enjoyed watching the carpet licker world cup!!

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thats 1 of the Dumbest things ive seen posted for a while considering what the context was around that day

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the author of the story, the lack of named sources, and the language used. Typical rugby league media story in the off-season, struggling to fill copy.

May be something in it, may not be. I’m hoping the club aren’t going to offload one of the best wingers in the game because the media is a bit tough on them.

We seem to have a habit of offloading players and being the only ones suffering the consequences. The offloaded player just gets another gig, the receiving club gets benefit, the media just find something else to nail us on, yet we gets lesser replacement and play poorer. And end up paying half the remaining contract.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
doubt any other top Sydney could even afford him next season if he was to leave us

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Josh Addo-Carr will sit down with Bulldogs officials on Friday in a meeting that could have dramatic implications for the star winger's future.

Rumours are swirling throughout the game that 'The Foxx' wants out of Belmore after a dramatic week in which he was suspended from the Australian team and forced to apologise for a social media post concerning the crisis in the Middle East.

Addo-Carr and his
management will meet with Bulldogs football boss Phil Gould to sort out where the tryscoring ace stands.

Sources close to Addo-Carr say he isn't happy with the level of support given to him after he was suspended for two matches after video emerged of him punching a man during the Koori Knockout.

The Bulldogs, for their part, are said to be unhappy with Addo-Carr's behaviour at the Knockout and his social media post on the Israel-Palestine conflict.

The star winger put a photo on Instagram of the Palestinian and Aboriginal flags with the caption "One struggle, one fight".

The following day he did a backflip - no doubt at the request of Bulldogs and NRL officials, stating he wanted to apologise "for any offence I have caused due to my recent social media post".

"As a proud First Nations man, I saw a message of support against displacement and land rights, and I shared this without full consideration to, or understanding of, the current events happening overseas," he added.

On the field, The Foxx has been a success in his two seasons at Canterbury after five years in Melbourne.

In a struggling side, he still managed to score 16 tries last year and 11 tries in 2023.

But he came to the club on big dollars and the Bulldogs would be able to use that money on players closer to the middle of the park if he left with two years remaining on his contract.

Several rival NRL clubs are certain to be interested in the speedy winger - if he cannot resolve his issues with the Bulldogs on Friday.
djdeep/Buzz, You've done it again... :upset:
Since when The Mole was/is a reliable source of information ?
Josh is a wonderful human and a great footballer that makes mistakes like every other normal human being,
If there is such a meeting it could well be to iron out any misunderstanding.
The Bulldogs doesn't need cap space, they need players to fill the space !!!

The Middle East conflict is a complex situation, sadly in war the truth and the innocent on all sides suffer the most...
Jesus said
Matthew 5: 43-45:
You have heard that it was said, 'love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' but I tell you, love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your father in heaven.
This is truly humanity's only salvation !!!

Last edited:

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hopefully not he’s been through the shit and being paid and with critta and xerri coming he knows his backline is about to be one of the better and with Gus and $ available I have no doubt we are moving right direction.

Not like bunnies can afford him. Dunno how they fucking kept Keaon
The bunnies are like the roosters, they don’t re sign fringe players like Taffe and Knight but upgrade representative players whilst still managing to sign representative players eg Wighton?

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I can understand him being pretty pissed about getting dropped from the Aussie squad and banned for 2 matched from what I saw was nothing. Maybe there was more footage somewhere? If banned for 2 matched not sure why he got dropped from the squad could still play the final if DE or Cobbo doesn't work out. Bit weird looked like they were looking for an excuse to drop him. Maybe the dogs could have come out harder in support? Anyway has anyone heard anything about his response, apparently had 5 days? Which would be around now. I have also heard reports he is banned for 2 matched but nothing official.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Like I said earlier lets see if we can swap a team who needs a winger for a prop or 2.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like I said earlier lets see if we can swap a team who needs a winger for a prop or 2.
Rather keep Fox BUT if it resulted in a top quality prop or two i think the club will be stronger.

Cant see how Souths can afford him BUT would anticipate a lot of wheeling and dealing from the power brokers there ie Latrell Cody N jack trying to make it happen.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In the Fox’s defence lots of ignorant people have fallen for and regurgitated Palestinian and Leftist propaganda. It was a stupid, disappointing post but it happens. The apology was good even if it was forced. Let’s hope he learns a lesson and moves on from this nonsense.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you’ve got players like David Nofa on $500k, Olam at the Storm on about the same…. JAC on $500k is an absolute bargain!

His finishing is supreme when given a chance and off the field with the fans… he’s 10/10.
We’d be stupid to let him go anywhere

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I doubt there is much to this rumour. Yeah he is meeting with the club, actually, it's quite normal, but probably got accelerated to find out where he is at and ensure he understands that he is getting a lot of scrutiny at the moment for the wrong reasons. I think we are a better team with Fox in it, so he ain't going anywhere.
This sounds closer to the mark to me. The journo doesn’t know what’s going on. Seemed like he was just filling in the blacks to fill inches in the article.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Blackfellers have been fighting each other for thousands of years. Nothing to see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.