News The Mole: Bulldogs facing 'agonising' call on young duo Jake Averillo and Paul Alamoti

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They have been allowed to talk with other clubs since November last year - don't need anyones permission.

I have no idea who will or wont be re signed BUT the development or otherwise of Samrani and Michael Gabrael will likely impact desisions.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are we over cap or something how come we got to let averillo or almonti go i thought we had heaps of money

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So are we over cap or something how come we got to let averillo or almonti go i thought we had heaps of money
has nothing to do with the cap joel it's more where would they fit in to the team when we have crighton and xerri coming next year

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think Alamoti’s severe lack of speed in the modern game might cost him more over others who posess some type of power and some speed. I still think we should and can keep both for another year

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
has nothing to do with the cap joel it's more where would they fit in to the team when we have crighton and xerri coming next year
Xerri is on close to nothing i feel

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not good news. This will cause major disruption to Ciraldope's masterplan of assembling an entire 17 of outside backs. The salary cap is cruel, baby!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So we'll have

Averillo
Alamonti
Critchton
Burton
Xerri
Kiraz
Burns

All capable of playing center and yet no halfback, fullback or props. Time to cull and get some players in much needed positions. This will be like letting Vangana go which was sad to see but we had SBW, Tonga and Lolesi the following year.

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Rat shit articles but if we had to decide between the pair I think Avo wins at this stage

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given what these 2 provide on a weekly basis I think their money can be better spent elsewhere.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's just say for a moment remember that if a reporter's strike rate at getting things right was up for discussion, the mole would be happy if he improved his strike rate to 1%. Since he's written this article I'm going to jump out with the bold prediction that Avo and Alo are both soon to sign four year deals with us.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For the "Burton is not a half" (5/8th/Half) & "Burton is just a Centre" pack of dullards (you know who you are)...
Do you remember how good the "much maligned" Moses & Hunt were at a similar age? Yeah, thought not.

Burton is developing. I am liking the improvement. Are most of us impatient for immediate success? Sure. It's been far, FAR too long at the bottom.

In a year or two we have our very own, but improved version (our one can play centre if needed :P) of Nico Hynes.

He won't be playing Centre for the Dogs; and if Nico gets selected for NSW and doesn't spill his lollies, he will be his long-term Origin partner at 5/8th.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
happy if he improved his strike rate to 1%
Even a 'lucky 8-ball' has a better strike rate.
It takes a special kind of retardation to get things so wrong, so often, with such consistency.
Must be Chief Commissioner at the Ministry of Wrong (or the Ministry of "Just makin' sh!t up").

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We can clearly keep both if we want and should.
We have Xerri and that young Bronco fella we just signed from Qld Cup also though.
If it came to the crunch I’d keep Avo out of the 2.