News The Mole: Bulldogs facing 'agonising' call on young duo Jake Averillo and Paul Alamoti

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs face the agonising decision of letting one of their two young gun centres - Paul Alamoti or Jake Averillo - go at the end of the season.

Two of the brightest centre talents in the game, both are off contract for 2024.

The Dogs already have one of the NRL's highest paid centres in Matt Burton and having three centres on big money will disrupt the balance of their salary cap.

The club's priority is finding a class halfback and that is where any excess money in the cap will go.

The club has been steadily improving its roster over the last couple of seasons and become more competitive in the last couple of years after some lean times.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
As much as Burton ain’t a fuckin 6 or 7. Clearly Ciraldo and Gould see the little fucker there. So it’s really fuckin Alamotti, Averillo and the little juice head Xerri fighting it out. Bet we keep Paulie and Jake. Madone, the Mole what a cancer of fuckin page

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who will actually teach our mob to tackle ?
Forget signings ,we could have the second coming of Thurston our defence has been horrendous all season ,all our awesome long range tries negated by simply shit reads in D.
Maybe boys overtrain also that’s why so many training injuries maybe?
Anyway all aboard the false truths top 8 train when we pump those eeels

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Averillo will be the one on the chopping block because they probably see more potential in Alamoti.

I don't agree with it, we should keep Averillo at all costs, but just the way I see this going.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the club will keep Averillo. Didn't Ciraldo say not long ago he could be the best centre in the NRL. ? He's fast and scored a few tries. Shown more than Alamoti at this stage. Averillo can also cover wing and fullback remember. Unless he turns his form around massively it would have to be Alamoti leaving out of the 2. Maybe we'll keep both and move on Burns.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The Bulldogs face the agonising decision of letting one of their two young gun centres - Paul Alamoti or Jake Averillo - go at the end of the season.

Two of the brightest centre talents in the game, both are off contract for 2024.

The Dogs already have one of the NRL's highest paid centres in Matt Burton and having three centres on big money will disrupt the balance of their salary cap.

The club's priority is finding a class halfback and that is where any excess money in the cap will go.

The club has been steadily improving its roster over the last couple of seasons and become more competitive in the last couple of years after some lean times.
Ok so...

1. That means we'll only have 1 centre, for 2024 correct? Last time I check, Stephen Crichton whom we signed recently is also a centre, is he not?
  2. As for Matt Burton being a centre, I'd let John Denver say it for me...

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
At this stage, you'd have to think Xerri and Averillo would be our best centres options next year (assuming Critta fullback and Burton halves).

I have a bad feeling that when Critta arrives, Cirro will try to recycle Perham in a different backline position at the expense of someone else (e.g. Kiraz or Averillo).

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At this stage, you'd have to think Xerri and Averillo would be our best centres options next year (assuming Critta fullback and Burton halves).

I have a bad feeling that when Critta arrives, Cirro will try to recycle Perham in a different backline position at the expense of someone else (e.g. Kiraz or Averillo).
I think you’re right. Perham is a protected species and probably the first player cirro picks each week. Nothing would surprise me maybe cirro will keep perham at the back and move critta to the centres.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently Perham was there because he talks at the back in defence right? Well, he wont be fullback next year, so…… BYE!

I’d try to keep both. Alomati is a future 13.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have some news
Rehash of the mole crap

Bulldogs centres Jake Averillo and Paul Alamoti have reportedly been given permission to look for new clubs for next season.

The two outside backs are off-contract at the end of this season, and due to the club's salary cap, the Bulldogs are set to let go of at least one of the players.

This comes after the primary priority of the club is to find a new halfback. If the two promising youngsters re-signed with them, it would cause a disruption in the balance of their salary cap.

The Mole from the Wide World of Sports reports both centres have been given the green light to test the market and try and find a new club for 2024.

ZT is just as bad as the mole and both need to be flushed into oblivion.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I believe the club will keep Averillo. Didn't Ciraldo say not long ago he could be the best centre in the NRL. ? He's fast and scored a few tries. Shown more than Alamoti at this stage. Averillo can also cover wing and fullback remember. Unless he turns his form around massively it would have to be Alamoti leaving out of the 2. Maybe we'll keep both and move on Burns.
Best centre in the NRL lol. Not even in NSW cup haha