Not open for further replies.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
they not worth the hassle they had a signed agreement and then wanted out

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Definitely not needed. If they were smart they would come here because they will have the 4 year security but we will probably end up reneging on the contract because with 8 or 9 capable backs this season and another 3-4 coming we would probably ship them off before the end of the contract.

We offered the contract pre Morris where we potentially had 2-3 spots up for grabs. But you will think with Morris at fullback and Rona probably locking up 1 wing spot and perrett maybe playing on there is likely only 1 spot up for grabs (perrett spot) with the 3-4 brothers (how many were we getting from newcastle anyways) plus the other guys we got, we will have a massive surplus of backs chewing away at our cap.

The quicker we end this (hopefully rip up the contract) the better. If we are desperate for a fullback the Panthers have a couple of superstars in their ranks. Would be much easier to sign a 19-20 year old which will fill our needs better then 3-4 brothers who are all centres. Also the people that said we should go for mamo totally agree. The kid has speed and skill. Just waiting for his shot.

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
Take the piece of paper they signed and shred it. They come across as high maintenance and could cause division in a team. Don't need shit like that.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These coconuts are driving me nuts already

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Keiran moss from the panthers is a gun fullback howevr cant see hin replacing moylan or watene-zalezniak in fg anytime soon. Should have a look at him.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Keiran moss from the panthers is a gun fullback howevr cant see hin replacing moylan or watene-zalezniak in fg anytime soon. Should have a look at him.
Watene-zalezniak only re signed for 1 year because he wants to play fullback and cant see him getting moylans spot

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To them to piss off only need sione not the rest of them , not worth stuffing up the team harmony over this

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think hes going on a 2 yr mormon mission, that is why he only re-signed for 1 year.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think hes going on a 2 yr mormon mission, that is why he only re-signed for 1 year.
Thats possible but he did comment that he wants fullback and with moylan there he wants to keep his options open

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they want to stay where they are so be it.over the next few years we will be playing in grandfinals an winning them , the knights wont.we will have a lot more barging power to attract any young gun who wants to come and play for the greatest club.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If they want to stay where they are so be it.over the next few years we will be playing in grandfinals an winning them , the knights wont.we will have a lot more barging power to attract any young gun who wants to come and play for the greatest club.
I struggle to come up with any argument against this post,
It's 100% on the money,

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't really know what game the brothers are playing. Given the fact that they signed the MOU so far ahead of when they would be leaving it could just be that they're scared that they'll be pushed to the bottom of the pecking order for promotion. I can fully understand that they may have acted that way when Bennett was coaching because i know that he decided to let Hodges rot in the lower grades when he signed elsewhere. I'm still getting annoyed that the Matautia brothers won't just take responsibility for having made a decision on their futures far earlier than they should have and say either yes or no to leaving the knights.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This rule that allows a player to reneg on a contract is bullshit and needs to go. The NRL need to get rid of this rule. If a player signs a contract the he should honour it as its a legal document.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This rule that allows a player to reneg on a contract is bullshit and needs to go. The NRL need to get rid of this rule. If a player signs a contract the he should honour it as its a legal document.
Exactly 48 hour cool off period thats all

Status
Not open for further replies.