Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
So, it's time for a mini transfer update regarding Sergio Ramos

Re: Ramos - Major developments in the contract stand off between Ramos and Real Madrid, Graham Hunter appeared on Sky Sports last night to break the news that Ramos has apparently told Real Madrid he wants to leave the club for Manchester United, our club has apparently submitted a serious €40m/£28m offer for the Spanish defender

Some quotes from Graham Hunter on Ramos

"Sergio Ramos wants to join Manchester United and the players mind is made up"

"Sergio Ramos does not want this to turn into an auction, he wants Real Madrid to only listen to offers from Manchester United"

There is real anger from Sergio Ramos and his brother Rene about their treatment by Perez… he’s tempted by life at Old Trafford, the regeneration of a great club, and the prospect of winning a trophy with them for the first time since Sir Alex [Ferguson]”​

Re: Ramos cont. - Both Sky Sports and the BBC are running the story and usually when that happens, that means there's some truth behind the rumours.. the ball is now firmly in Real Madrid's court, we've submitted a bid and Ramos wants to call it quits so it's up to them to decide what happens with Ramos' future and whether or not they'll take the €40m offer

Ladies and Gentlemen, please stand up and applaud Ed Woodward.. he has somehow shifted the attention from everybody talking about De Gea to Real Madrid to now Ramos to Manchester United, he's f*cking playing Real Madrid at their own game!

Even if Ramos doesn't sign with us, it's so refreshing to see our club finally stand up for itself against Real Madrid and not be bullied into doing what they want

If Woodward can pull off this signing AND keep De Gea at the club for another year then he honestly deserves a statue outside Old Trafford

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Continuing on from the post above - the club needs to tread carefully, don't put all the eggs in one basket, in this case it's the Ramos deal

Either Ramos is serious about coming to Old Trafford or he's the best poker player in the world and we could get badly burnt if he for whatever reasons puts pen to paper over a new deal at Real Madrid

Apparently Otamendi is attracting attention from other clubs, he wants a move to Manchester United and we want him but all that seems to have slowed down a bit since the Ramos rumours broke

If Ramos doesn't come and Otamendi is tired of waiting and decides to sign for another club, we're f*cked big time..

In my opinion, if both players were available and we could only sign one then I'd probably still lean towards Otamendi simply because Ramos whenever I watch him play for Real Madrid is a hot headed undisciplined defender who's a red card magnet and commits rash challenges

However, I fully trust LvG to make the right decision and will be more than happy if we sign either Otamendi or Ramos

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
still cant see Ramos coming here...have always admired him as a player...we need a bully at the back..have missed that since Vidic :(
but in saying that i couldnt see Di Maria or Falcao coming...and they came... so anything is possible...wish the season was starting already!

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Continuing on from the post above - the club needs to tread carefully, don't put all the eggs in one basket, in this case it's the Ramos deal

Either Ramos is serious about coming to Old Trafford or he's the best poker player in the world and we could get badly burnt if he for whatever reasons puts pen to paper over a new deal at Real Madrid

Apparently Otamendi is attracting attention from other clubs, he wants a move to Manchester United and we want him but all that seems to have slowed down a bit since the Ramos rumours broke

If Ramos doesn't come and Otamendi is tired of waiting and decides to sign for another club, we're f*cked big time..

In my opinion, if both players were available and we could only sign one then I'd probably still lean towards Otamendi simply because Ramos whenever I watch him play for Real Madrid is a hot headed undisciplined defender who's a red card magnet and commits rash challenges

However, I fully trust LvG to make the right decision and will be more than happy if we sign either Otamendi or Ramos
Thanks for all your info champ. Keep them coming

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rojo and Di Maria absolutely tore assholes into Paraguay this morning.Scoring 1 and 2 goals respectively....Great signs for United.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
2 assists from Di Maria aswell..
but i can bet most of the premier league teams would beat paraguay also lol

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed Woodward needs some new undies cos he has grown a huge set of nuts ... We are not letting DDG go unless we get Ramos

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So are you guys actually signing anyone or is it just all rumors? :-)

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
So are you guys actually signing anyone or is it just all rumors? :-)
Have you not heard?

According to the papers in England, we're signing everyoneeeee! :grinning:

#WelcomeRonaldo #WelcomeMessi #WelcomeBale #WelcomeNeymar #WelcomeKane #WelcomeLloris #WelcomeRamos #WelcomeOtamendi #WelcomeSterling #WelcomeSchneiderlin #WelcomeSneijder #WelcomeGaitan #WelcomeObama

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
I'll do a proper transfer update a little later tonight or maybe tomorrow depending on if I'm bothered or not (too much bullshit to sort through..)

Anyways, the team has returned back to Carrington for pre-season training, Rooney was first to arrive followed by Depay, De Gea & van Persie (expect a few outgoings and a few in comings ahead of the kickoff to the 2015/16 season)

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any truth to the rumour of Di Maria to Bayren in exchange for Robben & Muller??

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Any truth to the rumour of Di Maria to Bayren in exchange for Robben & Muller??
No truth whatsoever, it was a rumour created by somebody trying to impersonate working at German papers BILD on Twitter

The account has now been removed I believe but it goes to show how gullible some people are when one person supposedly breaks a story and everybody starts spreading the rumour without checking it for sources..

Di Maria has already come out twice to say he's staying at the club for at least another season, not sure why there's even rumours linking him away from the club

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No truth whatsoever, it was a rumour created by somebody trying to impersonate working at German papers BILD on Twitter

The account has now been removed I believe but it goes to show how gullible some people are when one person supposedly breaks a story and everybody starts spreading the rumour without checking it for sources..

Di Maria has already come out twice to say he's staying at the club for at least another season, not sure why there's even rumours linking him away from the club
Lol I didn't believe it one bit :/

Sonny feed me more transfer news bud :grinning:

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Every single article is from a source or someone who knows someone it's all bullshit. I used to love transfer windows now I hate it. Bring the season on

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Following on from the post above, the Matteo Darmian rumour has really gathered pace over the last couple of days (was not reported in England until yesterday/today, shows you how much the English press really know about our transfer targets..)

Seems we've apparently struck a deal with Torino for his signature, fee of around €20m/£14m and his contract should be around £45k after tax

Looks promising, will slot in as our first choice rightback with Rafael apparently told at the end of last season he was free to look for offers elsewhere

We've been scouting Darmian for the past 12 months, obviously impressed the scouts enough to now have the club contact Torino over a transfer

From what I've read, those who watch the Serie A regularly say we're picking up a very exciting prospect and if he was compared to a past/current rightback then he's similar to Dani Alves

Sky Sports Italia say we're just one final step away from securing the signing of Matteo Darmian so lets hope it doesn't fall through at the final second

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Also, we should see Schneiderlin wrapped up pretty soon

Both clubs haggling over a transfer fee is what's holding up the deal

Worth noting in Southampton's press conference yesterday, Koeman said Schneiderlin did not attend training because he was 'ill' - Koeman went on to say that he hopes Schneiderlin's future is resolved quickly

Sounds like Schneiderlin has a case of 'awaiting-transfer-to-Manchester-United-itis', only cure for his supposed illness is being unveiled at Old Trafford alongside LvG/Woodward ;)

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
The club needs to make a decision on the Ramos situation because it's clearly taking up too much of our time waiting if he's actually going to move or not.. reminds me of the time we wasted an entire summer on Fàbregas (thanks Moyes)

We're going to get badly burnt if we continue to wait on Ramos, Real Madrid refuse to sell him and Otamendi transfers elsewhere OR plays in the Champions League qualifiers for Valencia CF (just like we have to qualify) and if Otamendi plays even just 1 minute in the qualifiers then it means he'll be cup tied..

As it stands right now, I don't think we'll get Ramos so we'd be better off securing Otamendi now and avoid the risk of missing out on both - mind you, Otamendi isn't much of a step down from Ramos, in my opinion, I'd rather have Otamendi than Ramos