Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha. Can only laugh at such a ridiculous thing to say to this situation.

Why were you bringing up Suarez if you actually felt that?

Anyways, I'm not going to flood the United thread on this topic as they've gotta better things to talk about I think and my views in this are clear enough.
The reason why it is important is because if we are to in effect cancel people for moral failings and/or alleged crimes, where does that line get drawn and by whom and how do we ensure the right to cancellations isn't abused?

For example, OJ Simpson was tried for the murder of his wife and her friend and found not guilty but I think he did it... R. Kelly was accused of serious sexual and child abuse crimes, tried and convicted, and I believe he did do it... Bill Cosby was accused of sexual crimes dating back decades and tried and convicted but the convictions later quashed because of improprieties by the prosecutor's office which was unfortunately, right to do but I think Cosby did a lot of what he was accused of doing... Michael Jackson was accused several times of pedophilia, he paid off the first accuser, was tried for a subsequent accusation but acquitted, and I don't think he did any of it

There's too much grey in these sort of situations to believe you can properly judge who should and shouldn't be cancelled

And I brought up the Suarez incident because those in glass houses should not throw stones

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ha. Can only laugh at such a ridiculous thing to say to this situation.

Why were you bringing up Suarez if you actually felt that?

Anyways, I'm not going to flood the United thread on this topic as they've gotta better things to talk about I think and my views in this are clear enough.
Yeah I would run from that conversation too.

The FA were clear on what was said, and he referred to Evra as black. And then the he poor excuse of a club wore shirts in support of a racist biter.

Many many many accounts have him saying the term “negrito” in a derogatory manner. Cavani did something similar a few years back, but in a way to positively thank someone. Both received bans, but Suarez was much more severe.

Back to the Greenwood case - whilst I am a big believer of innocent until proven guilty - I don’t want him playing for us. But I can understand why others feel differently given the rumours of why the case was dropped ( extended audio etc).

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

The FA were clear on what was said, and he referred to Evra as black. And then the he poor excuse of a club wore shirts in support of a racist biter.

Many many many accounts have him saying the term “negrito” in a derogatory manner. Cavani did something similar a few years back, but in a way to positively thank someone. Both received bans, but Suarez was much more severe.

Back to the Greenwood case - whilst I am a big believer of innocent until proven guilty - I don’t want him playing for us. But I can understand why others feel differently given the rumours of why the case was dropped ( extended audio etc).
Not running from anything. I said I was wrong on that and I was an idiot of supporting him blindly. It wasn't right the way they / we supported him which I accepted.

However, the evidence was inconclusive. He was a he said / she said type of thing, which is was. That isn't an excuse, but this is what it was. You say it yourself "many many accounts" but there's nothing on video or whatever. That's not me saying he wasn't guilty or whatever, but just how it was.

The reason it shouldn't be talked about in relation to Greenwood is the evidence and theme is clearly different.

The only reason Greenwood wasn't charged is that she refused to testify and go through with things. That's it.

My argument isn't really about whether he did it or not, but why would United look to bring that back to your club? Why when you're actually building positivity around your playing group, when you're going in the right direction (seemingly) would you back him?

It's mad from my side. Completely mad.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

He should've said nibba, would've got away with it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maguire is diabolical. Moyes should be fired for trying to buy him, even for a cheap fee. He's barely a League Two calibre defender. They shouldn't be playing him at all this preseason. The more he plays, the more howlers that scares teams off.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maguire is diabolical. Moyes should be fired for trying to buy him, even for a cheap fee. He's barely a League Two calibre defender. They shouldn't be playing him at all this preseason. The more he plays, the more howlers that scares teams off.
I'm thinking moyes is certainty for first coach sacked this season