Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I forgot history determines who is going to win competitions. So why did your club who have won 19 english titles finish behind City who have only won it 7 times? Why did you lose to Sevilla when you had 5 more champions leagues than them?

Villareal won more games this season than Sevilla did when they beat you, they scored more and conceded less. But they both finished 7th and we both lost. Now you need to hold one standard to both clubs.
They won’t do that mate because they will contradict themselves
Not a smart bunch

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I forgot history determines who is going to win competitions. So why did your club who have won 19 english titles finish behind City who have only won it 7 times? Why did you lose to Sevilla when you had 5 more champions leagues than them?

Villareal won more games this season than Sevilla did when they beat you, they scored more and conceded less. But they both finished 7th and we both lost. Now you need to hold one standard to both clubs.
Got a lot of time for you mate as feel you call things as how they are.

Get where you're coming from and agree to a point. History doesn't determine how well a club can go, nor if they're going to win a competition ... or not. So, I do get what you're saying and it's why I always have said Liverpool supporters should stop clinging to the past, and now Man U supporters for doing the same.

A club with experience is better handled at dealing with stress in high pressure games than a club that doesn't have it. Right? It's natural that a club with internationals, or that has won more trophies is naturally in a better position to be able to win games because ... they've done it before.

The point in regard to Villareal is / was that they didn't have any of this experience. At all. Especially not when compared to a club like United. Of course, United hasn't won squat for years but there's still that ethos within the club that elevates you. You clearly have / had much better players than them.

Yes. Anything can happen in a game. And it did for you as it did for others. But, being 7th is one thing but being 7th and not having any true experience in European big games is another.

You talk about Seville and say that Villareal is no different to what they were. You fail to mention that Seville had won the previous TWO Europe League finals before that. Them beating Liverpool was their THIRD in a row. With many of the same players as in previous years.

Now, I look back on that game and don't say "We were unlucky" or "These things happen in football" We choked. We were on top but couldn't handle the pressure. We werent' good enough. Simple.

Villareal hadn't reached a final before this game with you as far as I know. So making such a comparison between Villareal & Seville is ... a little lazy. MAybe it's time for Man U fans to be honest and say it has it was. You choked. That isn't a dig. Just telling it how it is.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Got a lot of time for you mate as feel you call things as how they are.

Get where you're coming from and agree to a point. History doesn't determine how well a club can go, nor if they're going to win a competition ... or not. So, I do get what you're saying and it's why I always have said Liverpool supporters should stop clinging to the past, and now Man U supporters for doing the same.

A club with experience is better handled at dealing with stress in high pressure games than a club that doesn't have it. Right? It's natural that a club with internationals, or that has won more trophies is naturally in a better position to be able to win games because ... they've done it before.

The point in regard to Villareal is / was that they didn't have any of this experience. At all. Especially not when compared to a club like United. Of course, United hasn't won squat for years but there's still that ethos within the club that elevates you. You clearly have / had much better players than them.

Yes. Anything can happen in a game. And it did for you as it did for others. But, being 7th is one thing but being 7th and not having any true experience in European big games is another.

You talk about Seville and say that Villareal is no different to what they were. You fail to mention that Seville had won the previous TWO Europe League finals before that. Them beating Liverpool was their THIRD in a row. With many of the same players as in previous years.

Now, I look back on that game and don't say "We were unlucky" or "These things happen in football" We choked. We were on top but couldn't handle the pressure. We werent' good enough. Simple.

Villareal hadn't reached a final before this game with you as far as I know. So making such a comparison between Villareal & Seville is ... a little lazy. MAybe it's time for Man U fans to be honest and say it has it was. You choked. That isn't a dig. Just telling it how it is.
Only choke is you blokes since Xmas
Simple
Losing 22 penalty shootout isn’t choking
Missing 1-2 of you’re first 5 is choking
But you know all about gagging on things lol

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Only choke is you blokes since Xmas
Simple
Losing 22 penalty shootout isn’t choking
Missing 1-2 of you’re first 5 is choking
But you know all about gagging on things lol
It was choking man!!!!!!!!!!! What are you talking about???? Villareal are like San Marino!!!!!!!!!!

United should have beaten them 24-0, a team as small as San Marino for sure

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The yellow submarine sunk the billion pound roster with Ole at the wheel haha you couldn't make it up

Ole just needs another 250 million and he might be able to win the Europa league.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

You lost to a minnow in the footballing world.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You lost to a minnow in the footballing world.
Which happens. But don't try to paint it as an unlucky result or that it's just football.

The reason United lost was because they shat the bed. Rested the squad leading up to the game and still looked completely lost and devoid of ideas.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The yellow submarine sunk the billion pound roster with Ole at the wheel haha you couldn't make it up

Ole just needs another 250 million and he might be able to win the Europa league.

Craig burley and Steve Nicolas are anti United mate
Any video of them is throwing the slipper in
Tho they went quiet for months n months and just crawled out of the woodwork

But same blokes heaped praise on Liverpool for scratching into top 4
Hahaha
Pro Liverpool

Biased as and mentioned that here many times

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In other news COYFB!!!!!!
Well done lads, didn’t watch the game was up all night
Thought city were guna win
But anything can happen in a one off game
Peps big bald head would be ready to explode

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done lads, didn’t watch the game was up all night
Thought city were guna win
But anything can happen in a one off game
Peps big bald head would be ready to explode
I did aswell I wasn’t confident before the game thought our finishing would be our downfall but city didn’t turn up anything can happen in football your 100% right happy as !!!!

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just heard Boris is passing a law this week to change the name of the city from Manchester to Bottle City

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Manchester United is still far away from being a/the dominant club in England as they were under Ferguson... and what should be worrying for them is that they are going in the wrong direction while the likes of Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool are surpassing them

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Manchester United is still far away from being a/the dominant club in England as they were under Ferguson... and what should be worrying for them is that they are going in the wrong direction while the likes of Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool are surpassing them
I learnt at school that 3rd to 2nd is the right direction
And 1st to 3rd is the wrong direction

But hey I’m old school maybe maths is different now ..../[emoji57][emoji57][emoji57][emoji57]

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I learnt at school that 3rd to 2nd is the right direction
And 1st to 3rd is the wrong direction

But hey I’m old school maybe maths is different now ..../[emoji57][emoji57][emoji57][emoji57]
no, maths is still the same... for example, the clubs that finished 3rd and 4th this year have the Champions League trophy in the cabinet from the last couple years...

and Man Utd over the last 4 years have a grand total of 0 trophies

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
no, maths is still the same... for example, the clubs that finished 3rd and 4th this year have the Champions League trophy in the cabinet from the last couple years...

and Man Utd over the last 4 years have a grand total of 0 trophies
Hahhaha wow
You were talking about heading in right direction…
United 3rd to 2nd
Liverpool 1st to 3rd

And that’s your reply hahahha
Atleast the other boys post decent replies with a tiny bit of brain cell used forest ……

Could be worst reply I’ve ever seen….

3rd has a trophy from a few years ago
That’s the best you could come up with, really……

Hahhahahahah on my…