Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't thought about Europe League for a while mate so I wouldn't have a clue
Had a look just then, says you qualify for champions league
They said Sevilla won 3 Europe’s in a row 14 15 16
I’m wondering how this is possible if the following year your in champions league
Got me fecked

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m wondering how this is possible if the following year your in champions league
Got me fecked
It started the last year they won it against Liverpool from memory.

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got me fecked
If you finish 3rd in group stages of UCL, you qualify for 2nd stage of Europa

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sweet fuck all 19/20 season . And you kept Ole .
3rd place and 3 semi finals was a major step forward for the club. Its not where we want to be but we are going in the right direction.

Plenty of positives.
- Martial and Rashford both having their best goal scoring seasons.
- Emergence of Mason Greenwood, his development was handled perfectly by Ole.
- Signing of Bruno.
- Finished 3 places higher than last season.
- Most clean sheets in all comps out of European clubs.

Considering how we were a laughing stock 12 months ago, I'd say this season wasnt too bad.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
3rd place and 3 semi finals was a major step forward for the club. Its not where we want to be but we are going in the right direction.

Plenty of positives.
- Martial and Rashford both having their best goal scoring seasons.
- Emergence of Mason Greenwood, his development was handled perfectly by Ole.
- Signing of Bruno.
- Finished 3 places higher than last season.
- Most clean sheets in all comps out of European clubs.

Considering how we were a laughing stock 12 months ago, I'd say this season wasnt too bad.
Three semifinals for Solskjaer and three defeats.

Stumbled over the line to get in the top 4 despite having the same points total as past season due to Leicester's unbelievable collapse.

Spent absolute fortunes but many see progress?

Amazed that you're going after Sancho when I think you need a goal keeper, 2 central defenders, and a another back. Plus I'd say another midfielder if I'm honest.

But ... yeah, you guys are definitely going in the right direction ...

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You pricks won sweet fuck all for 5 years and kept klopp lol
Klopp has won numerous titles and made numerous finals in the 4.5 years he’s been in charge at LFC.
Ole won’t be winning what Klopp has won in his first 4.5 years . Not even Ferguson achieved what Klopp has achieved in that timeframe.

Last edited:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Three semifinals for Solskjaer and three defeats.

Stumbled over the line to get in the top 4 despite having the same points total as past season due to Leicester's unbelievable collapse.

Spent absolute fortunes but many see progress?

Amazed that you're going after Sancho when I think you need a goal keeper, 2 central defenders, and a another back. Plus I'd say another midfielder if I'm honest.

But ... yeah, you guys are definitely going in the right direction ...
So much ignorance. What did you expect of United this year? a title win?, would an FA cup made that much of a difference? lol

If you need it broken down even more, ill help you out....

Last season, Martial and Rashford combined for 25 goals, this season 45 goals.

This year has seen the emergence of what is a widely regarded world class talent, Ole has been praised for the way he is developed Greenwood.

A year ago, Pogba was desperate to leave the club, he now is close to extending his contract and looks to be enjoying his football.

The signing of Bruno, regarded as the signing of the season.

Maguire and AWB, yes they cost a lot but they were the two biggest contributors to our side having kept the most clean sheets across Europe....

Why would we sign another goal keeper when we have Dean Henderson on our books, the highest rated young english keeper coming off a stellar season in the premier league for Sheffield.

We had Pogba out for 65% of the season, Bruno has only been around since the start of February, Rashford was out for months with a broken back and Martial had a lengthy lay off with injury as well. Its quite remarkable that we even finished 3rd considering we played with a Mctominay, Fred and Pereira midfield for the first 20 premier league games.

I genuinely don't understand what your expectations could've been.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Klopp has won numerous titles and made numerous finals in the 4.5 years he’s been in charge at LFC.
Ole won’t be winning what Klopp has won in his first 4.5 years . Not even Ferguson achieved what Klopp has achieved in that timeframe.
But will klopp win what Ferguson did ... NO

And Please don’t mention klopp in the same sentence as SIR Alex
It’s disgraceful

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So much ignorance. What did you expect of United this year? a title win?, would an FA cup made that much of a difference? lol

This year has seen the emergence of what is a widely regarded world class talent, Ole has been praised for the way he is developed Greenwood.

A year ago, Pogba was desperate to leave the club, he now is close to extending his contract and looks to be enjoying his football.

Maguire and AWB, yes they cost a lot but they were the two biggest contributors to our side having kept the most clean sheets across Europe....

Why would we sign another goal keeper when we have Dean Henderson on our books, the highest rated young english keeper coming off a stellar season in the premier league for Sheffield.

We had Pogba out for 65% of the season, Bruno has only been around since the start of February, Rashford was out for months with a broken back and Martial had a lengthy lay off with injury as well. Its quite remarkable that we even finished 3rd considering we played with a Mctominay, Fred and Pereira midfield for the first 20 premier league games.

Haha

You rate Maquire? Holy crap.

I remember the delusional days of be a Liverpool supporter wishing we were potentially as good as Man U. It's funny how the tables have turned.

My expectations? I think you've lowered yours to think that this year has been a positive. You're Man U, remember? The greatest team in the history of the EPL.

World class talent that hasn't seen you improve in any way? OK mate. As I said, I remember being in your position. It's not easy, but you should be a little bit more realistic about things.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

It’s disgraceful
Mate. Fergie is and will always be the greatest manager in the history of the EPL. I, unlike some on here, can acknowledge the truth. Klopp will never reach the level Fergi did, no manager will ever be able to do it in this day and age. It's just not possible.

This discussion was about Man U and the 'positive' year you've had. But when you look at the facts, you really haven't done much. You talk about having world class talent, but in the same breath you want to spunk 100m+ on Sancho to add to your 'world class' frontline.

I think Man U are maybe 3-4 players from challenging for top 4 consistently. Perhaps if you a good central defender (not Maquire), a decent keeper, and Sancho then maybe, just maybe you'll challenge for the title. Who knows?

But stop kidding yourselves that it was a positive year. Come on now. You're Man United. Wake up

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Haha

You rate Maquire? Holy crap.

I remember the delusional days of be a Liverpool supporter wishing we were potentially as good as Man U. It's funny how the tables have turned.

My expectations? I think you've lowered yours to think that this year has been a positive. You're Man U, remember? The greatest team in the history of the EPL.

World class talent that hasn't seen you improve in any way? OK mate. As I said, I remember being in your position. It's not easy, but you should be a little bit more realistic about things.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate. Fergie is and will always be the greatest manager in the history of the EPL. I, unlike some on here, can acknowledge the truth. Klopp will never reach the level Fergi did, no manager will ever be able to do it in this day and age. It's just not possible.

This discussion was about Man U and the 'positive' year you've had. But when you look at the facts, you really haven't done much. You talk about having world class talent, but in the same breath you want to spunk 100m+ on Sancho to add to your 'world class' frontline.

I think Man U are maybe 3-4 players from challenging for top 4 consistently. Perhaps if you a good central defender (not Maquire), a decent keeper, and Sancho then maybe, just maybe you'll challenge for the title. Who knows?

But stop kidding yourselves that it was a positive year. Come on now. You're Man United. Wake up
100% 3-4 players off the mark
I was hoping for Niguez, the money Dortmund want for sancho is high in the current world
But 100m to us is 300 or 400 to Liverpool
Need a central defender
Defensive/holding mid
Attacking mid
Winger

But oles finally got rid of a heap of deadwood, including Sanchez and his 500k per week
And is continuing the clean out
I’d say it will take 3 transfer windows for hi to be happy with his squad
Covid fucked the show financially

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

It’s disgraceful
Klopp has stated he won’t coach Liverpool for 25 years , like Ferguson did, so he won’t win what Ferguson did.
However , Klopp is far more successful than Ferguson in the first 5 years of their coaching careers at their respective clubs.