Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
So.. things are getting very ugly in our chase for Nicolás Otamendi

His agent has come out publicly and said Otamendi wants to leave Valencia as well as saying he will try and lower the release clause for Otamendi which stands at €50m/£35m

Valencia's club president, Amadeo Salvo, has now commented on the situation via the clubs official Twitter account and here's what he had to say (this is a word for word translation so a few words/sentences may be off)

"the @valenciacf inattentive to pressures of any agent or comments"

"the position of the @valenciacf will always be the same. If Otamendi wants to go out, you have to say it publicly"

"If you want to go will have to come to a club, not an agent, and pay what the club decides it's worth, there are 50 million minimum (1/2)

"and the conditions of payment decided by the @valenciacf" (2/2)

"Otamendi is a player of the @valenciacf with which we are thrilled. The @valenciacf has not received any offer (1/2)

"anyway the @valenciacf is very pleased with the player and we would like you to finish your contract with us"

It's rather odd for a club to comment on transfer speculation.. but least we now know there's serious interest in Otamendi

Valencia won't budge on Otamendi's release clause, they're pretty much saying pay up or f*ck off

Even if we do meet Otamendi's release clause, there's no certainty that Valencia will accept the bid.. think back to the Herrera and Athletic Bilbao transfer saga, we may have to give Otamendi the cash to buy out his release clause

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Borussia Dortmund's executive Hans-Joachim Watzke has confirmed İlkay Gündoğan will be leaving the club in the upcoming summer transfer window

Get that checkbook ready Woodward..

Believe Barcelona are interested in Gündoğan however they still have a transfer embargo which doesn't expire until next January so they can't register any player from now until then

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interview with Cassilas re DDG was quite cryptic. I think he is gone.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Borussia Dortmund's executive Hans-Joachim Watzke has confirmed İlkay Gündoğan will be leaving the club in the upcoming summer transfer window

Get that checkbook ready Woodward..

Believe Barcelona are interested in Gündoğan however they still have a transfer embargo which doesn't expire until next January so they can't register any player from now until then
you know what the c**ts want to do.....

buy him and loan him out for 6 months, if this happens fifa is fkked!

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Interview with Cassilas re DDG was quite cryptic. I think he is gone.
It's the Real Madrid tactic.. tap players up in a bid to purchase them

Whether it be the manager, assistant managers or players, it's a f*cking scummy tactic yet nothing seems to be done about it

Think about it, Sepp Blatter that corrupt fat f*ck still somehow holds a position within FIFA so don't expect UEFA to pressure Real Madrid into stopping their dirty tactics

you know what the c**ts want to do.....

buy him and loan him out for 6 months, if this happens fifa is fkked!
Don't Barcelona need to register him as their player before being able to send him out on loan?

Because the transfer embargo prevents them from registering any players until January 2016

But I wouldn't hold my breath, f*cking pricks also have UEFA in their back pockets..

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Here's a bit of an update on transfer target Nicolás Otamendi

Valencia CF are considering not using Nicolás Otamendi in promotional material and leaving him out of commercial photo shoots etc

The club believe that Otamendi's desire to leave and the possibility of him doing so makes him unsuitable to promote the club and associated partners​

So... advantage Manchester United :grinning:

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
So.. some betting agencies have suspended betting on De Gea to Real Madrid (never a good sign)

From what I've gathered, Real Madrid wish to make the announcement of Rafael Benítez becoming their new manager before announcing the transfer of De Gea

Also, his girlfriend just happens to be a Madridista.. f*cking bullshit, she should have no say in the transfer because it's a conflict of interest :sleepy:

It's a real shame De Gea won't even sign a short term contract extension to put the club in a better negotiating position

Moving clubs to be closer to your girlfriend.. he better have plans to marry her, imagine in 2 years time and they break up

Nothing confirmed yet but it's looking more than likely he'll be unveiled at Madrid sooner or later

Hope everything is resolved soon, can't be f*cked following this rumour anymore

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Rafael Benítez HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

dont worry he wont be coach for long

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So.. some betting agencies have suspended betting on De Gea to Real Madrid (never a good sign)

From what I've gathered, Real Madrid wish to make the announcement of Rafael Benítez becoming their new manager before announcing the transfer of De Gea

Also, his girlfriend just happens to be a Madridista.. f*cking bullshit, she should have no say in the transfer because it's a conflict of interest :sleepy:

It's a real shame De Gea won't even sign a short term contract extension to put the club in a better negotiating position

Moving clubs to be closer to your girlfriend.. he better have plans to marry her, imagine in 2 years time and they break up

Nothing confirmed yet but it's looking more than likely he'll be unveiled at Madrid sooner or later

Hope everything is resolved soon, can't be f*cked following this rumour anymore

I'm with you on this one ... It's been dragged out for so long I start rolling my eyes when I see an article that De Gea and Madrid are in the headline ... But I still read it

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
would be very suprised if he stayed...
i also read somewhere today that a 110 million pound offer from us to real madrid for Bale & Varane has been rejected...go figure...mayb they are holding out until De Gea is confirmed?
no idea...time will tell..
all i know is that we need to buy some more quality and we will...but just not sure who yet...

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Rafael Benítez HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

dont worry he wont be coach for long
Here's something hilarious, Benítez took Napoli from 2nd to 5th and in that time he spent £110m but he's somehow getting the Real Madrid job.. :roflol:

Florentino Pérez is an absolute idiot replacing Ancelotti with Benítez, I'd be very surprise if Benítez still has a job after 6 months

I'm with you on this one ... It's been dragged out for so long I start rolling my eyes when I see an article that De Gea and Madrid are in the headline ... But I still read it
De Gea wears the gloves in the relationship but it's clear the girlfriend is the one who's wearing the pants in the relationship..

Honestly don't understand how she has so much control over De Gea, if you take her out of the equation then De Gea would happily sign an extension at Manchester United

She's unwilling to relocate to be closer to him so he's having to relocate to be closer to her.. what a hoe!

would be very suprised if he stayed...
i also read somewhere today that a 110 million pound offer from us to real madrid for Bale & Varane has been rejected...go figure...mayb they are holding out until De Gea is confirmed?
no idea...time will tell..
all i know is that we need to buy some more quality and we will...but just not sure who yet...
Did some research into the claims and as expected, they sound like nonsense - we may have enquired about the players but that's about it

Real Madrid will never give us their stars unless they become redundant in which case, they will try and rob you of as much cash as possible for any of their players (e.g. Di Maria)

Don't expect Madrid to suddenly offload Bale after one difficult season, Bale was Pérez's star signing.. Pérez even went to great lengths to assure that Bale wouldn't be sold, he held a f*cking press conference just to publicly back Bale during the season

Also, the Varane rumour doesn't quite make sense since he signed a new deal at Madrid during the season.. and we're heavily pursuing Otamendi who has been one of, if not, the best centreback in La Liga this season - all we need to do is match Otamendi's release clause and he's ours

In short, Real Madrid aren't holding out until De Gea is confirmed so don't expect Bale or Varane to be heading to Old Trafford anytime soon

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's not a conflict of interest. That term really doesn't apply to the girlfriend of a sports player liking a team that her boyfriend does not play for lol

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
That's not a conflict of interest. That term really doesn't apply to the girlfriend of a sports player liking a team that her boyfriend does not play for lol
I was being sarcastic, didn't think it was going to be taken seriously..

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even if we do meet Otamendi's release clause, there's no certainty that Valencia will accept the bid.. think back to the Herrera and Athletic Bilbao transfer saga, we may have to give Otamendi the cash to buy out his release clause
If the clause is met, the bid is automatically accepted by the club because that is what the clause does. Why have a release clause that has to be accpeted by the club anyway? That would simply amount to a bid.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
If the clause is met, the bid is automatically accepted by the club because that is what the clause does. Why have a release clause that has to be accpeted by the club anyway? That would simply amount to a bid.
Something to do with the way the tax system works over there in Spain, that's why we had a lot of hassle when it came to signing Herrera (http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ander-herr...bilbao-rejected-manchester-united-bid-1454295)

We met his release clause but they still put out a statement saying they rejected a bid from Manchester United which forced Herrera into buying out his contract to complete the transfer

Not 100% sure how the tax law works over there in Spain but it's something along the lines of, if the clause is €30m then Club A bids €30m to Club B, Club B can accept the offer as it meets the release clause and treat it as a normal transfer and avoid the complicated tax shit for Club A

In Otamendi's case, we can bid €50m which meets his release clause and Valencia can accept the offer OR they can force Otamendi into buying out his contract which complicates things for Manchester United and Otamendi

Anything else I can help you with?

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Something to do with the way the tax system works over there in Spain, that's why we had a lot of hassle when it came to signing Herrera (http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ander-herr...bilbao-rejected-manchester-united-bid-1454295)

We met his release clause but they still put out a statement saying they rejected a bid from Manchester United which forced Herrera into buying out his contract to complete the transfer

Not 100% sure how the tax law works over there in Spain but it's something along the lines of, if the clause is €30m then Club A bids €30m to Club B, Club B can accept the offer as it meets the release clause and treat it as a normal transfer and avoid the complicated tax shit for Club A

In Otamendi's case, we can bid €50m which meets his release clause and Valencia can accept the offer OR they can force Otamendi into buying out his contract which complicates things for Manchester United and Otamendi

Anything else I can help you with?
It doesn't actually depend on Valenica though, like you implied. It's an issue of finding the most cost-effective method of making the payment and transfer. Buying out the contract is normal protocol with release clause cases.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Otamendi in your fifa team Sonny..
do i sense that hes already signed with us?
also reading Gundogan will be announced anyday now...

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Otamendi in your fifa team Sonny..
do i sense that hes already signed with us?
also reading Gundogan will be announced anyday now...
It's more or less done, his agent is trying to lower his release clause because he thinks it's too high... even though he negotiated the release clause with Valencia in the first place (f*cking flop..)

Believe Otamendi wishes to leave, Valencia won't stand in his way as long as Manchester United meet the €50m release clause

Still need to wait on Otamendi getting through the Copa América uninjured, if a deal is struck between the two clubs then expect the announcement to be made after the Copa América tournament

Otamendi would be a terrific signing, he has been an absolute beast for Valencia this season in defense and has been one of, if not, the best defender in La Liga this season

Here's how Otamendi compares against other quality defenders in La Liga, Bundesliga and the Premier League

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Haven't done an update in a while, so I'll do one now

David De Gea is good as gone, Manchester United and Real Madrid are currently attempting to strike out a deal which may see De Gea be announced as a Real Madrid player as early as Sunday or in the coming weeks

Ed Woodward however has put on his big boy pants and hasn't caved into the pressure of Real Madrid, they haven't met our asking price so what Woodward has gone ahead and done is more or less poke the bear with a stick.. he's pretty much toying with Real Madrid while he waits for them to meet the asking price.. reports over the last couple of weeks are more or less accurate, Woodward has gone ahead and enquired about the services of Ronaldo, Bale, Varane... Real Madrid of course have said no to each enquiry however that hasn't stopped Woodward from enquiring about other players, he should ask about Modric next tbh.. piss them off as much as possible

Woodward has recently enquired about Benzema, Real Madrid once again have no said.. however, Woodward is insistent that a player must be included as part of the deal for De Gea while Real Madrid just want to pay cash

Real Madrid have told us they will not negotiate for Benzema, but Woodward is playing hardball with negotiations so Real Madrid see Benzema more accessible out of the players we've made serious enquiries about (Bale & Varane)

Super (Twat) Agent Jorge Mendes is trying to hurry up the De Gea transfer, he's the one that's pushing for Benzema on behalf of Manchester United

David De Gea's people have told Real Madrid they will not force through a transfer, Real Madrid are still confident they'll get their man sooner or later

It's actually quite refreshing seeing the club play hardball with Real Madrid for once, it's an interesting tactic.. the club will either get a deal that suits them or let De Gea leave next summer as a free agent

Woodward the real MVP though, to think he's the same guy who looked so out of place when he started his job 2 seasons ago to now be playing hardball with Real Madrid over a transfer