Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
BTW Sonny, to be completely fair, we didn't deserve a point.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Louis van Gaal should have spat out a rap when they handed him the microphone

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
BTW Sonny, to be completely fair, we didn't deserve a point.
Think it's a fair result to be honest, we played well up until 60 minutes or so then your boys stepped up their game and finished strongly

Football is a 90 minute game so a point is fair if we dropped off after 60 minutes

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Barca v Athletico, at least I get to see one of my teams win this weekend lol

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
The footballing world is watching De Gea's every move right now.. wave a second too long and everybody will say he's waving good bye!

Sign the contract Dave, they won't love you like we do at Madrid

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Memphis Depay will be arriving in Manchester today to conduct his medical before signing the contract tomorrow

Of course, we cannot register Depay until the transfer window opens but everything will be in place nice and early

We got a couple of other deals in place which are ready to go as soon as LvG gives the green light, expecting them to go through once the season is over as LvG didn't like doing business while the season is still active, the exception was Depay since he was very close to joining PSG so LvG had to act quick

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
David De Gea back in 2011 "I won't join Real Madrid"

ffs Dave, don't do this.. you deserve a lot better than the fickle Madrid twats who will turn on you as soon as you make a mistake

Sir Alex quoted in 2011, "We see talent in the boy. You've got to trust that talent. Eventually in 3 or 4 years time, we're gonna see it."

Surely Sir Alex could try and do something?

Seriously though, De Gea should do the right thing by the club and sign a contract extension even if he wants to leave, Ronaldo penned a new 5 year deal and eventually left the year later but he did it so the club could get itself the best possible deal - (respect Ronnie)

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Done a bit of digging into the current De Gea situation

Pretty sure the underlying issue here is De Gea's girlfriend.. De Gea's parents live in Manchester and enjoy it there, they regularly turn up to Old Trafford to watch him play and De Gea himself enjoys life at Manchester but his girlfriend lives in Spain

So, if he was to pen a long term deal to stay at the club then he's worried about having to try and manage a long distance relationship

Honestly, if De Gea transfers to Madrid to be closer with his girlfriend then he better f*cking marry her.. imagine he moves over there and they break up soon after ffs (Manchester United better insert some sort of clause which we can trigger if De Gea breaks up with his girlfriend - I'm not f*cking kidding)

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Well, she's the issue for us trying to keep De Gea at the club long term

She doesn't like the city Manchester, she wants nothing to do with it.. certain she won't give up life in Madrid to relocate to Manchester to be with Dave

Starts to add up doesn't it? She doesn't want to live in Manchester, she enjoys life in Madrid.. Dave is in love with her, doesn't want to risk their relationship if he stays in Manchester and she stays in Madrid..

We need the club to find somebody who's Spanish, hotter than his current girlfriend and currently lives in Manchester.. c'mon Woodward, get crackin'

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Honestly though, we stood by De Gea during the tough times so the least he can do is sign a new contract, whether it be a 2 year extension or a 5 year extension, if he wants to leave then so be it, we'll allow him to leave but he should repay some of the faith shown by Sir Alex, the club and the supporters when he first arrived and struggled - the media were slaughtering him left, right & centre but the club still stood by him

Like I said, Ronaldo penned a 5 year extension to put the club into a better negotiating position and eventually left the season after signing the new contract, the fans still sing his name at Old Trafford so De Gea should follow the same path and do what's right by the club

The latest I'm hearing is that Real Madrid are only willing to f*cking offer £15m for De Gea.. that's a f*cking joke, we're (potentially) losing a goalkeeper of De Gea's quality to that scum club for a measly fee of £15m

Real Madrid won't care if De Gea signs a new contract, they'll still try and sign him regardless so that's why I want De Gea to sign a new deal.. put the club into a better negotiating position and leave the club a legend

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Our only hope in keeping De Gea is one of the following reasons below:

1. De Gea has a change of heart
2. His parents get involved
3. Mata & Herrera hide his passport​

Option 3 sounds the most realistic, Woodward needs to get word to the Spanish duo to act quick and steal De Gea's passport, throw in a 25% wage bonus or some shit like that

You can tell De Gea is torn on his current situation, he enjoys life in Manchester, his parents live here and he's close friends with the Spanish speaking lads we've signed in the past season or so but on the flip side, he's in love with his girlfriend and wants to be close to her while she isn't interested in relocating to Manchester.. tough on De Gea, love him no matter what happens but I hope some sort of miracle happens and he stays

:pray:

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Sky Sports News are reporting that Memphis Depay has just completed and passed his medical at Carrington

The announcement of Depay is imminent, he's no longer at Carrington

The club can formally announce the deal, have him wearing club gear in pictures etc but can't officially register him until the summer transfer window opens

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
i read his parents dont live in manchester

“I analyse his position and then I say he is Spanish, he is a Spanish international, still behind [Iker] Casillas, now a Spanish club is coming [for him], his girlfriend is Spanish, his father and mother come every week or every two weeks here so it is difficult"

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
i read his parents dont live in manchester

“I analyse his position and then I say he is Spanish, he is a Spanish international, still behind [Iker] Casillas, now a Spanish club is coming [for him], his girlfriend is Spanish, his father and mother come every week or every two weeks here so it is difficult"
Here's what a close source to the De Gea family has to say

In truth, dad Jose and mum Marivi – who mostly live with De Gea in Manchester – are thought to enjoy the stress-free English lifestyle and have little desire to see De Gea return to the burning spotlight of the Spanish game.

As one source close to the family said just a fortnight ago: ‘They are super-happy in Manchester. If it was all up to them, they would prefer for him to stay here. In Spain, there would be huge pressure. You have four newspapers per day devoted to Real and Barcelona, invading your privacy. To replace Iker Casillas for both Spain and Real Madrid – can you imagine the scrutiny he would face?’

It is believed that De Gea’s parents would like him to remain at Old Trafford in the long-term. They are certainly in no hurry to leave Manchester, where they have now found a close circle of friends. They have emerged through a testing settling-in period, in which both the player and his parents regularly questioned his suitability for the English game.

It was even suggested to me recently that De Gea and his family would be happy enough to spend the rest of his career at United. That may be pre-emptive but it does reflect his happiness in Manchester at the moment.

Like I said, his parents enjoy Manchester and De Gea himself is very happy at Manchester but then there's the trouble of having to try and maintain a long distance relationship with somebody who he has fallen in love with

We're fighting a losing battle in my opinion, he wants to be with his girlfriend so it's not a question of 'if' but 'when' he'll leave to be closer with her, could be this summer transfer window or it could be the next or the one after that

We can only hope his parents disapprove of his girlfriend.. since she's trying to force the issue here with De Gea leaving Manchester

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Apparently Madrid offered 14 mil for him GTFO

If you United bend over for them I'll be pissed off

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Well that's why we've been trying to get him to sign a contract extension, since he only has 1 year left on his current deal it gives Real Madrid the upper hand in negotiations.. if we don't sell De Gea this summer then he can leave for free next summer

Even if De Gea signs a 2 year extension and not a long term extension, it'll put the club into a better negotiation position much like Ronaldo did when he signed a 5 year extension and left the following year

If De Gea desperately wants to go back to Madrid, we should honestly sell him back to Atlético Madrid.. cannot stand Real Madrid, f*cking vile club