Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People also need to respect how much he has adapted his game at United. He has become way more disciplined in his passing and has become more of a creator.

Plus his character in the dressing role has been mentioned by so many players, he is a proper leader and genuinely one of the most important figures the club has had since the turn of the century. We were slowly losing pace with the other top clubs before we signed him and he took us from about 8th to 3rd in his first season, then to 2nd in the following season.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rashford has got to be the form Player in Europe since world cup

Player of the match today against Barca

How he snuck that goal thru today from the position he was in was clinical
Best thing about it is that its not as if he is just scoring a bunch of flucky goals. The goals are coming through improved positioning, and actually looking up and placing his shots instead of just smacking them as hard as possible as we've seen in recent years. It makes the his upturn in form more sustainable.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
doesnt rashford have 1 year left on his contract with united?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We did very well today considering we were without Martinez, Eriksen, Sabitzer and Antony. We easily had the better chances throughout the game, and we forced their keeper into quite a few really good saves. I dont remember a more end-to-end game in recent history.

But I'm confident we will beat them at OT. With Martinez and Sabitzer back, and with Gavi being suspended for them plus Pedri going off injured, we should be too strong for them.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I doubt he'll ever leave man united
Yeah no chance he leaves because the club is super involved with his off field efforts. but just hope we dont give him an extremely ridiculous contract off the back of a good 6 months. He is on 225k/week if im not mistaken, and in the past the club wouldve slapped a 350k contract in front of him, hope we've learned from that.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah no chance he leaves because the club is super involved with his off field efforts. but just hope we dont give him an extremely ridiculous contract off the back of a good 6 months. He is on 225k/week if im not mistaken, and in the past the club wouldve slapped a 350k contract in front of him, hope we've learned from that.
250k a wk should be the max considering use need to add more depth to the squad

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
250k a wk should be the max considering use need to add more depth to the squad
Exactly.

We also need to set an example. DDG is on 350k per week and thats what really stuffed us around when we renegotiated deals for Rashford, Bruno etc the last time around.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All your future wins are tainted like City now :innocent:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All your future wins are tainted like City now :innocent:
Funny thing is I dont even think we can spend any more than we have, their oil money will be spent on rebuilding the stadium, the youth developments and facilities. Saying that though, I would rather the club not be sold to a state fund. Just brings up too many problems.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Funny thing is I dont even think we can spend any more than we have, their oil money will be spent on rebuilding the stadium, the youth developments and facilities. Saying that though, I would rather the club not be sold to a state fund. Just brings up too many problems.
You don't even need to spend more, just spend smarter.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You don't even need to spend more, just spend smarter.
100% which is why I dont think the oil money makes much of a difference to United. We generate enough to spend 300m per season and still be under FFP. Its a club who has finished 2nd twice in the past 5 years (Jose and Ole), 3rd once and currently 5 points off top. We just need to be run smarter.

This is my problem with Qatari owners, it taints the image of the club, and we dont get the same benefits that City or Newcastle will get because we arent in need of their money. In an ideal world they'd come in, rebuild the stadium, restructure the club by bringing in competent people at board levels, and just let us continue on being the club that finds the perfect balance between having superstars amongst developing its own youth players. I dont want to be a club like PSG going out and just signing any and every big name player out there.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
100% which is why I dont think the oil money makes much of a difference to United. We generate enough to spend 300m per season and still be under FFP. Its a club who has finished 2nd twice in the past 5 years (Jose and Ole), 3rd once and currently 5 points off top. We just need to be run smarter.

This is my problem with Qatari owners, it taints the image of the club, and we dont get the same benefits that City or Newcastle will get because we arent in need of their money. In an ideal world they'd come in, rebuild the stadium, restructure the club by bringing in competent people at board levels, and just let us continue on being the club that finds the perfect balance between having superstars amongst developing its own youth players. I dont want to be a club like PSG going out and just signing any and every big name player out there.
There's also the possibility of you becoming City on steroids. Imagine them pumping in some of that fake revenue on-top of the legit revenue you already make, you could be pushing a billion a year.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's also the possibility of you becoming City on steroids. Imagine them pumping in some of that fake revenue on-top of the legit revenue you already make, you could be pushing a billion a year.
We would become a supercharged City, I dont think any club would be able to touch us if we were state owned. We already have one of the worlds largest scouting networks, biggest fanbases, and generate more than everyone. We finished 6th and were able to bring in the likes of Pogba, Lukaku and Ibra. It took City 8-10 years before they became what they are now, it would take us 6 months.