Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been ongoing rumours that Diaz leaves, what do we think? I believe his motive is his that he has a low salary and it probably is, and psg come knocking I think he’ll leave. A good bid should do the job maybe 80m I’ll take. Not sure who we replace him with and it depends what Ruben and Edwards’s think. I hate saying the obvious and the big name players as replacements but I would love to see Rodrygo with us in his preferred position which will be freed up by Diaz but once again it depends what the new coach has in mind system wise.

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually forget about Rodrygo yes he can play make and can finish but I think a cheaper more realistic option is Nico Williams who is rapid, can play make and most likely can finish. But for me I love his pressing and work ethic which will work really well with Amorims style if he brings the same ideology’s to us.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Been ongoing rumours that Diaz leaves, what do we think? I believe his motive is his that he has a low salary and it probably is, and psg come knocking I think he’ll leave. A good bid should do the job maybe 80m I’ll take. Not sure who we replace him with and it depends what Ruben and Edwards’s think. I hate saying the obvious and the big name players as replacements but I would love to see Rodrygo with us in his preferred position which will be freed up by Diaz but once again it depends what the new coach has in mind system wise.
Issue I see is that potentially him plus Salah leave and I wouldn't want that.

Diaz has been playing better of late but just isn't getting enough goals. Same can be said about all front 3?

Agree on Rodrygo. With Mbappe going there who knows?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Actually forget about Rodrygo yes he can play make and can finish but I think a cheaper more realistic option is Nico Williams who is rapid, can play make and most likely can finish. But for me I love his pressing and work ethic which will work really well with Amorims style if he brings the same ideology’s to us.
Yes. Williams would be top. Sounds like we've been scouting him for years, but I wouldn't want to lose Salah and Diaz at the same time

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
salah will probably leave as well, 80 to 100 mil offer would be a fair offer to accept from a saudi team

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes. Williams would be top. Sounds like we've been scouting him for years, but I wouldn't want to lose Salah and Diaz at the same time
salah would be the obvious choice to sell if a saudi team offered 80 mil plus

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
salah would be the obvious choice to sell if a saudi team offered 80 mil plus
80m give me 150 I think 113m will be the end sale if it happens which I think is a big possibility. But to lose salah and Diaz In the same season I don’t think I could handle that haha. It really is the beginning of the new gen Liverpool. Also what’s taking Trent so long for his contract? Why hasn’t he been extended?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
80m give me 150 I think 113m will be the end sale if it happens which I think is a big possibility. But to lose salah and Diaz In the same season I don’t think I could handle that haha. It really is the beginning of the new gen Liverpool. Also what’s taking Trent so long for his contract? Why hasn’t he been extended?
probably waiting to see who the next manager is which is fair enough

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Amorim will be our new manager.
Not sure if he will implement the 3-4-3 system with us as he has done with Sporting but hes been successful in his coaching career to date. Sporting hadn’t won the title in nearly 2 decades before he took over.
The premier league is a different beast to the Portuguese league , but if you look around the best leagues in Europe you will find many decent Portuguese coaches , and Amorim looks like he is a very good coach .
A new era for us .
It's a big gamble getting someone so young and unproven at the top level and big leagues but obviously he's been impressive and is highly rated. Hopefully it works out well for you guys. It's probably a better option than getting more established guys that have failed at other clubs.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Amorim will be our new manager.
Not sure if he will implement the 3-4-3 system with us as he has done with Sporting but hes been successful in his coaching career to date. Sporting hadn’t won the title in nearly 2 decades before he took over.
The premier league is a different beast to the Portuguese league , but if you look around the best leagues in Europe you will find many decent Portuguese coaches , and Amorim looks like he is a very good coach .
A new era for us .

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's a big gamble getting someone so young and unproven at the top level and big leagues but obviously he's been impressive and is highly rated. Hopefully it works out well for you guys. It's probably a better option than getting more established guys that have failed at other clubs.
It is a big gamble , look at Man Utd , Ferguson hand picked Moyes :tearsofjoy: and that was the beginning of the end for them.
The game however has evolved since then and Amorim seems to be in the new batch of up and coming coaches ( along with De Zerbi and Alonso )
He is attack minded coach so his game plan won’t deviate too much from Klopp’s philosophy .
I’m sure he will want to tweak the squad with a couple of signings snd sales of players.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is a big gamble , look at Man Utd , Ferguson hand picked Moyes :tearsofjoy: and that was the beginning of the end for them.
The game however has evolved since then and Amorim seems to be in the new batch of up and coming coaches ( along with De Zerbi and Alonso )
He is attack minded coach so his game plan won’t deviate too much from Klopp’s philosophy .
I’m sure he will want to tweak the squad with a couple of signings snd sales of players.
Not sure I agree with all of this tbh.

Man United were already on their way down during Fergies years, it was just his brilliance that saw them through it.

Behind the scenes they were a mess already and Moyes was just the beginning.

Amorim won't be walking into that. In fact, he's walking into the exact opposite in that the entire background is in very very good shape.

Does that mean he'll be a definite and immediate success? Of course not, but everything is in place to be.

I'd say he's up the top if not the top choice to replace Klopp.

We all wanted Alonso, but at the end of the day Amorim has done more and worked with less.

It does seem as tho he's closer to Klopps approach than Alonso which I think is good, and he's a real people's man.

We'll see tho. No guarantees of course. He won't be able to replace Klopp but hopefully he can bring a new taste to Liverpool.

I think he's less of a gamble than Alonso who was everyone's first choice. In fact, I'd say there are any other better choices than him?

I guess no new manager is a sure thing, so everyone is a gamble. But I wouldn't call hiring Amorim a "big gamble"

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Any coaching change is a gamble . And in our case given Klopp’s success and what he he has done for our club any coach whoever that may be coming has very big shoes to fill.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Really poor from us. Atlanta could've had 2 or more goals.

A real lack of intensity with really sloppy passing.

Gakpo does my head in how long he holds onto the ball..

We'll improve and win this second half, but we really need to wake up

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Disgraceful to honest. Plain shocking. No other words for it.

Robbo again jumping out of defence for no fucking reason for their second.

Shocking from Dom for the 3rd, plus VVD playing him on.

Utterly embarrassed for the lack of fight and attitude from the players.

They need to apologize to the fans for this. Terrible