Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ive seen him play live multiple times, he is some player. He is a really complete midfielder, on the ball he can pick out a pass, has a great through ball on him, has shown signs that he can be very effective at carrying the ball through the middle, but also in defence he was Dortmunds best in terms of tackles, interceptions and blocks.

100m will be his starting price, could see it as high as 120m. But also wont be surprised if he stays an extra season at Dortmund and leaves the following year for a cheaper price, like Sancho did.

His only issue seems to be that his attitude can get the better of him at times but I don't think its bad enough to hold him back, he needs a good mentor though.

I also think Liverpool may have potentially missed the boat, next season you will have City, United and Chelsea all aggressively chasing him, especially Chelsea who seem to be desperate for a poster boy for the new regime. I think he ends up at Chelsea.

The Madrid press have been linking him with a move there but he probably isnt the right fit next to Tchouameni and Camavinga.
Didn't miss anything, he either wants to join us or he doesn't and that's all that matters.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Arthur doing extras, looks slow as fuck though but at least it looks like he can retain possession and pass a ball lol.

On a serious not Juventus must be an absolute joke right now, players that come from there don't appear to be anywhere near up to scratch physically when they join new clubs. Arthur, Zakaria and De Ligt

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't miss anything, he either wants to join us or he doesn't and that's all that matters.
Looks like the price has just been set at 150m, coming from very reliable sources too. Dortmund have shown they dont waiver from the prices they want, like with Sancho.

Would your club pay that? genuine question.

I do think that rules out clubs like Barca, Bayern and basically any team other than City, Liverpool, United, Chelsea and PSG.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looks like the price has just been set at 150m, coming from very reliable sources too. Dortmund have shown they dont waiver from the prices they want, like with Sancho.

Would your club pay that? genuine question.

I do think that rules out clubs like Barca, Bayern and basically any team other than City, Liverpool, United, Chelsea and PSG.
We would pay it imo, we've shown in the past we will pay big money for players we really want although a fee that big will push that theory to it's limits. We've also got the money and do spend it despite all the complaining a lot of our fans do, we just don't spend as aggressively as we'd like.

The two issues will be salary and how payments are structured for the transfer fee. We won't match other clubs when it comes to salary so if he wants top $$$ it won't be with us. We're also fussy with how we structure payments for transfer fees.

I do think we must have some sort of assurances in regards to this transfer, surely there's a lot that has already happened behind the scenes for the club to appear so confident when it comes to this deal. I also can't see things ending well if we don't sign him and I'm sure the club knows that.

Chana

Waterboy
Reaction score
I have supported the Bulldogs all my life, the same with Liverpool. I am also of Uruguayan heritage so I know all about the Uruguayan players. I have followed Darwin Nunez since he played for Peñarol. What I can say is that his problem is his partner Lorena Manas. She is one of those WAGS that has been in that circle for some time, even went out with Aleix Vidal, sure she has a kid with him. Anyway, hooked up with Darwin and unfortunately since then he has changed dramatically. We have all heard stories like this before. He is a great player, but he now has one of those egos that he will need to lose quickly if he wants to play at a high level.

I would have gone for someone like Martin Satriano, cheaper and is more of a Suarez type player. Is also young, can play in tight spaces and create as well as score, where Nunez likes space. If you play Nunez you have to create space for him and get him one on one.

Still needs a little work but is young

Another player I would love Liverpool to invest in is Valverde and also a young kid Alvaro Rodriguez that is also in the Real Madrid system. He is only 17 and is a beast

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have supported the Bulldogs all my life, the same with Liverpool. I am also of Uruguayan heritage so I know all about the Uruguayan players. I have followed Darwin Nunez since he played for Peñarol. What I can say is that his problem is his partner Lorena Manas. She is one of those WAGS that has been in that circle for some time, even went out with Aleix Vidal, sure she has a kid with him. Anyway, hooked up with Darwin and unfortunately since then he has changed dramatically. We have all heard stories like this before. He is a great player, but he now has one of those egos that he will need to lose quickly if he wants to play at a high level.

I would have gone for someone like Martin Satriano, cheaper and is more of a Suarez type player. Is also young, can play in tight spaces and create as well as score, where Nunez likes space. If you play Nunez you have to create space for him and get him one on one.

Still needs a little work but is young

Another player I would love Liverpool to invest in is Valverde and also a young kid Alvaro Rodriguez that is also in the Real Madrid system. He is only 17 and is a beast
Is that why he can't control a ball? Haha. Honestly if we paid say £30m for him we aren't complaining as much, but the fact that we're paying potentially £80+ for him is absolutely insane. He looked okay against Iran, looked more comfortable off the left but the reality is his skillset just doesn't suit our team in the slightest.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Salah's goal against Niger was nice, he pretty much plays a free roaming role for them from what I understand. Salah could probably transition to a 10 type role but na, have him hug the touchline with Trent bombing forward in the box lol.

Chana

Waterboy
Reaction score
Is that why he can't control a ball? Haha. Honestly if we paid say £30m for him we aren't complaining as much, but the fact that we're paying potentially £80+ for him is absolutely insane. He looked okay against Iran, looked more comfortable off the left but the reality is his skillset just doesn't suit our team in the slightest.
Yeah it’s been shocking , but ball control was fine until he came over from Benfica. Can’t lose that ability in a couple of months! There is something more going on, hopefully he gets over it sooner rather that later.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah it’s been shocking , but ball control was fine until he came over from Benfica. Can’t lose that ability in a couple of months! There is something more going on, hopefully he gets over it sooner rather that later.
I read that he was a confidence player when he came across but it seems to be more than just lacking confidence right now. I feel like he panics a lot and his decision making is poor, he then isn't given much space and that only then further complicates thing. Some of the shots and touches he are taking are just awful.

I do think we're going to have to continue to make tactical changes and tweak our formation to accommodate him (and our lack of midfield) moving forward as I don't think he can play as a CF for us in a 433. Anyway Jota is back now and hopefully he stays fit and plays the bulk of the minutes, he looks really good considering he has been injured and had pretty much no preseason.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I read that he was a confidence player when he came across but it seems to be more than just lacking confidence right now. I feel like he panics a lot and his decision making is poor, he then isn't given much space and that only then further complicates thing. Some of the shots and touches he are taking are just awful.

I do think we're going to have to continue to make tactical changes and tweak our formation to accommodate him (and our lack of midfield) moving forward as I don't think he can play as a CF for us in a 433. Anyway Jota is back now and hopefully he stays fit and plays the bulk of the minutes, he looks really good considering he has been injured and had pretty much no preseason.
Feel like part of it could be that he is another Carol. He is a big money signing and the pressure of that is weighing on him. Feels like he has to score with every touch so he is panicking

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Feel like part of it could be that he is another Carol. He is a big money signing and the pressure of that is weighing on him. Feels like he has to score with every touch so he is panicking
Probably plays a part, lets just hope whatever it is it gets sorted soon. His xG90 is up there with Haaland this season and I visibly remember him getting into numerous goal scoring positions because I remember swearing at him thinking how the hell he fucked it up so badly haha. I also think back to the game where he played against us and he finished 3 chances excellently and forced a great save from Alisson for another. The 3 he scored were all ruled for offside but the finish was there. I guess they just expected him to score a couple more by now while continuing to work on the weaker areas of his game..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm still amazed people can't or don't want to see it.

Time and time again our players have talked about needing time to adjust to our system and Klopp's demands. Every new player talks about it.

It just takes time.

Makes me laugh when people say "he's a confidence player" I mean, isn't EVERY player a confidence player?

It takes time to settle into a new country with a new language and completely different environment.

He himself talks about the expectations he feels on himself and wants to reward the fans accordingly.

He'll be ok. Just needs time.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
nah you're alright its the other united supporters on here
Haha.

It's honestly all good. All for supporters giving each other shit.

I give it to you. You give it to me. It's the way it's supposed to be.

Just don't like when people along shit and then hide, which is what they've done.

Tbh @Bulldog_4_Life you went missing for a long time too, which was a shame as always enjoyed your views on things.

I think this is what @chemdog is talking about when he says "cowards" tho because so many were quiet for so long.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just can't see Bellingham coming to us. As has been rightly pointed out by others here, we'll need a good 3 midfielders next summer.

Milner. Ox. Keita. Will all go. Thiago injured a lot. Hendo getting on a bit.

Will we spend 100m plus on Bellingham then a further 60 odd on top midfield additions?

Can't see it personally.