Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thiago has really stood up though. Thought he was excellent in that game. Can't wait to see him next season with a fully fit team around him. He's a fucking class above that guy.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kabak and Jota not playing again this season.

Absolute madness the injuries we've had. Hope at the very least Jota doesn't play in the Euros.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Going to be a very hard final two games this.

Kabak 100% not playing (and I've got a sneaky feeling we won't be seeing him back at the club next year).

Jota 100% not playing.

Means Williams and Phillips will be our starting CBs which is a worry. Got caught out a few times today. Really tough games.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Here's an interesting fact ....

Liverpool and Man United have had the same amount of goals scored against them.

Madness when you think about it considering how many injuries we've had to our CBs and midfielders. How many CB partnerships we've had.

But we've still conceded the same amount of goals as a team that's had incomparable injuries in that area. Crazy.

How we're still in the hunt for the top four is beyond me!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I still don't believe it, was literally going to turn the game off after the Gini miss but the remote was too far away and I wasn't fucked getting up hahaha.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I also cried when Alisson scored, kept crying for the following 15 minutes while I watched the replay on repeat.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I also cried when Alisson scored, kept crying for the following 15 minutes while I watched the replay on repeat.
You could sense that Alisson has a lot on his mind with the events of the past few months, evident in some of his fuck ups which were lapses in concentration.
What he did against WBA not only will ave helped to overcome these issue but I see him getting even better from this point on.
Alisson helped us win the CL and PL , and it looks like that goal may sneak us into the top 4 and CL football , in what has been a horrid season for us injury wise . Money well spent if you ask me but more importantly I think we will see a different more confident Alisson from here on.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You could sense that Alisson has a lot on his mind with the events of the past few months, evident in some of his fuck ups which were lapses in concentration.
What he did against WBA not only will ave helped to overcome these issue but I see him getting even better from this point on.
Alisson helped us win the CL and PL , and it looks like that goal may sneak us into the top 4 and CL football , in what has been a horrid season for us injury wise . Money well spent if you ask me but more importantly I think we will see a different more confident Alisson from here on.
Still 2 games to go and anything can happen. Certainly not counting my chickens yet especially when looking back at that game.

Absolutely mad how we won it. Fucking brilliant. Mentality monsters? Turned a corners?

Maybe this will give us that belief that we're supposed to win. That we can win. That all we need to do is push and the winner will come?

But, let's not kid ourselves.

Mane. Bobby. Gini. Mo. Trent.

All missed unbelievable chances to win that game for us and screwed it. Let's just hope that Allison has given them that belief to start putting those goals away?

Personally shitting myself that we'll fuck it up in these last few games.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like you guys are close to finalising a deal for Konate. He is a bit raw but has the makings to be a class defender. Easily the best defender at Leipzig but seems to have had a few injuries. Great deal by your club if true.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looks like you guys are close to finalising a deal for Konate. He is a bit raw but has the makings to be a class defender. Easily the best defender at Leipzig but seems to have had a few injuries. Great deal by your club if true.
Think it's a good pick up, especially at the rumoured price. The issue with our CBs is injuries.

VVD, Gomez, Matip, Kanote all having injuries this past year. Not a great sign.

Will be interesting seeing who they keep around next year. Which one of Matip, Phillips or Kabak won't they keep next year?

Personally I'd try to get decent money for Matip & keep Phillips & Kabak.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agreed to terms ages ago with him, we've just haggling with Leipzig over a couple mill the last few weeks lol.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What do you lads think about signings for next year?

- 1 x CB
- 1 x CM
- 1 x AM
- 1 x ST

It's all really going to rest on who and how many we can get rid of.

Personally I'd like to see OX, Keita, Gini (already), Origi, Matip from the current set up gone plus those on loan.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agreed to terms ages ago with him, we've just haggling with Leipzig over a couple mill the last few weeks lol.
Will be interesting seeing how Mickey Edwards approaches selling players this year. We really need the money but he's always such a tigharse .... brilliant seller of players :grinning:

Gotta lower our expectations, surey?