Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think it's a good pick up, especially at the rumoured price. The issue with our CBs is injuries.

VVD, Gomez, Matip, Kanote all having injuries this past year. Not a great sign.

Will be interesting seeing who they keep around next year. Which one of Matip, Phillips or Kabak won't they keep next year?

Personally I'd try to get decent money for Matip & keep Phillips & Kabak.
Very talented in the games ive seen him play and physically he is perfect for the league. Biggest issue is sometimes he can just make those stupid mistakes. He reminds me of Zouma, he will either be a star or play like a halfwit. Leipzig play an incredibly high line though so he does get exposed quite often like when we (United) put 5 past them earlier this year.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Will be interesting seeing how Mickey Edwards approaches selling players this year. We really need the money but he's always such a tigharse .... brilliant seller of players :grinning:

Gotta lower our expectations, surey?
I said it in here at the end of last year but you guys need to sell one of your big guns. Salah or Mane. A new striker would be important. A successor to Henderson should be in the pipeline.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I said it in here at the end of last year but you guys need to sell one of your big guns. Salah or Mane. A new striker would be important. A successor to Henderson should be in the pipeline.
Can't see us selling any of the front three. Just can't see it.

Ideally, if we were a big club in regard to spending we'd keep the front three and add a top player like Sancho or Haaland. Not going to happen though.

Hendo successor? Will come from within I guess?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We're signing Mbappe/Sancho, dw about us.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Our goal difference is already +1 over Leicester City so if we can get a 2 goal win against Burnely then we would be +3 ahead of them with only 1 game to go.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Top 4 is yours as long as you beat Burnley. Even a 1-0 win is great. Leicester have spurs next week and Spurs are fighting to keep a spot in Europe.

I can’t see Leicester beating Tottenham by more than a goal or two if they even win whilst you guys have Palace.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can't see us selling any of the front three. Just can't see it.

Ideally, if we were a big club in regard to spending we'd keep the front three and add a top player like Sancho or Haaland. Not going to happen though.

Hendo successor? Will come from within I guess?
I think you need to capitalize whilst you’re at the top of the game and can attract those big name players. Surely Liverpool won’t give us a free run at Sancho.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Top 4 is yours as long as you beat Burnley. Even a 1-0 win is great. Leicester have spurs next week and Spurs are fighting to keep a spot in Europe.

I can’t see Leicester beating Tottenham by more than a goal or two if they even win whilst you guys have Palace.
Spurs will bottle it, Leicester will flog them lol.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Worst result for us this morning ffs
yeah, I was hoping for a draw . if Chelsea were going to win I was hoping they win with a bigger margin to dent Leicester’s for and against.

Its now up to us beat Burnley and win well and improve our for and against.
Villa will cause Chelsea problems and so will Spurs against Leicester.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
yeah, I was hoping for a draw . if Chelsea were going to win I was hoping they win with a bigger margin to dent Leicester’s for and against.

Its now up to us beat Burnley and win well and improve our for and against.
Villa will cause Chelsea problems and so will Spurs against Leicester.
If we can't win these two last games with so so much at stake. With crowds back in the stadiums.

If we can't win these last two games then we've got nothing to complain about.

I'm not confident like, but it's better having this pressure on to win rather than it being OK to draw imo.

Personally see us drawing the next game

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think you need to capitalize whilst you’re at the top of the game and can attract those big name players. Surely Liverpool won’t give us a free run at Sancho.
Who knows. We don't have the money. We didn't before all this Super League shit, now we definitely don't.

But, can you afford Sancho if you're going after Kane? Surely you'll look to buy CMs and CBs?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Proper shitting myself. Proper shitting myself.

Who fucking knows how this ends up. Bricking it.