Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
U know - I have this creepy feeling that Malah are both going to be overly selfish in the final to up their respective values.

I swear I hope I'm wrong.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Matip or Konate to start in the UCL final? I think we go:

Alisson

TAA
Konate
VVD
Robertson

Fabinho
Henderson
Keita

Salah
Diaz

Mane

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Alisson

TAA
Konate
VVD
Robertson

Fabinho
Henderson
Keita

Salah
Diaz

Mane
Konate for his pace to cover Vini in behind but he was pretty poor last start so maybe Matip.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Alisson

TAA
Konate
VVD
Robertson

Fabinho
Henderson
Keita

Salah
Diaz

Mane
Think the front 3 picks itself really. Thiago to come on in the final 30? Or does he start? I'd say he'll be on the bench.

For me it's only Konate or Matip really.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thiago trained yesterday and is on track for training today....we have to start him yes? With 5 subs we can afford to pull him off if things don't go to plan.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thiago trained yesterday and is on track for training today....we have to start him yes? With 5 subs we can afford to pull him off if things don't go to plan.
Have to start with him I think. Apparently he trained today and Klopp said he & Fab are good to go.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's just hit me, I'm fukin so pumped for this now bring on number 7
We are favourites but that means nothing, especially against Real Madrid . And then there’s the Ancelotti factor, great tactician who has a decent record against us.
I don’t want to get into a cat and mouse type game with them , I’d love to see us come out all guns blazing and try and blow them away in the opening 25 minutes of the match.
Fitness and intensity will be a key factor I think.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are favourites but that means nothing, especially against Real Madrid . And then there’s the Ancelotti factor, great tactician who has a decent record against us.
I don’t want to get into a cat and mouse type game with them , I’d love to see us come out all guns blazing and try and blow them away in the opening 25 minutes of the match.
Fitness and intensity will be a key factor I think.
I am quietly confident, but that doesn't mean a thing, anything can happen in 90 mins of football as we all know. Just super excited for the game.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is everyone watching from?? I will be at the Marconi club, as I was for our last CL victory.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
No. Start Milner, Real don't respond great to physicality. Keep Thiago up your sleeve for a 20-30min burst pending how the game is going.

Worst thing that can happen is u start him and he hobbles off after 15. We lose flexibility.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No. Start Milner, Real don't respond great to physicality. Keep Thiago up your sleeve for a 20-30min burst pending how the game is going.

Worst thing that can happen is u start him and he hobbles off after 15. We lose flexibility.
We have Fabinho and Hendon starting though. Thiago also looks fine in the training vision.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
With Thiago looking like he'll play this would be my starting lineup:

Alisson

TAA
Konate
VVD
Robertson

Fabinho
Henderson
Thiago

Salah
Diaz

Mane

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
We have Fabinho and Hendon starting though. Thiago also looks fine in the training vision.
I hear ya but does the gain offset the risk? Real will play to the 90th min (and maybe 120th min). I'm not starting someone who's not 100% fit unless I absolutely have to (i.e. VVD)

Nothing but respect for Thiago but old man hammys.