Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just so happy about Bobby getting a Hattie. Bided his time. Didn't kick up a stink. Was all about the team. Steps in and gets a Hattrick. Good for him.

Thought Keita was very good too. Nothing spectacular. Defensively (biggest weakness is past) was very good.

Great result but means nothing if we lose the next one. Come on boys. Let's keep this momentum going

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So as it stands it seems the title race will be fought out by us , Chelsea and Man City. That’s it.
As predicted , the penalties have dried up for Man Utd and the results just aren’t happening. Top 4 will be a challenge for them.
Haven’t watched the highlights but aim reading Chelsea were fortunate to get the 3 points.
It’s still early days in the league and injuries and suspensions can change things but right now 3 teams are challenging for the title.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So as it stands it seems the title race will be fought out by us , Chelsea and Man City. That’s it.
As predicted , the penalties have dried up for Man Utd and the results just aren’t happening. Top 4 will be a challenge for them.
Haven’t watched the highlights but aim reading Chelsea were fortunate to get the 3 points.
It’s still early days in the league and injuries and suspensions can change things but right now 3 teams are challenging for the title.
Looking at things so far, personally think Chelsea have been a little lucky and lack what is needed to win title. Still no real goal scorer. Haven't really controlled games.

Personally, at this stage it's between Liverpool and City with Chelsea a maybe.

Last week Scholes called the title challenge for United as over, and he seems to be right. Just seem so far off the pace?

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looking at things so far, personally think Chelsea have been a little lucky and lack what is needed to win title. Still no real goal scorer. Haven't really controlled games.

Personally, at this stage it's between Liverpool and City with Chelsea a maybe.

Last week Scholes called the title challenge for United as over, and he seems to be right. Just seem so far off the pace?
I called it August :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: . I think just after their draw at Southampton.
I shall never criticise Matip again, especially when comparing him to that overpaid dud Maguire . The only player I would take from them right now is Greenwood, and maybe Rashford. Thats it.
Agree about ChelseA’s good fortune but Pep has worked out a formula to beat them comfortably .
2 difficult matches coming up for us .

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just watched Klopp’s presser. Basically said Mo is the best right now . He is on fire.
Jurgen also made a comment about “ world class” Mane‘s 100th goal none of which have come from the penalty spot.
“ but but but Bruno is world class” :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Just saw that our 2 next games are away to Atletico and Brunaldo’s babes. Not sure why Jurgen didn’t take Mo and Salah off earlier to rest them up for these 2 matches

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just watched Klopp’s presser. Basically said Mo is the best right now . He is on fire.
Jurgen also made a comment about “ world class” Mane‘s 100th goal none of which have come from the penalty spot.
“ but but but Bruno is world class” :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Just saw that our 2 next games are away to Atletico and Brunaldo’s babes. Not sure why Jurgen didn’t take Mo and Salah off earlier to rest them up for these 2 matches
Have always said that certain people throw around the term 'world-class' too much. Should never use that term lightly, and it's showing this year with Bruno. Just isn't even close.

Mo is fucking on fire and without doubt world-class. Shown it over time and just spectacular.

Mane. Has copped a fair bit of criticism from all round of late, including a lot from Liverpool fans. But as you say, he's scored 100 goals not one being a penalty. Is it time we start pushing for him to be world-class too? Surely yes?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fab back with Milner dropping out? Hope Keita stays fit.

When's Cujo and Thiago supposed to be back?

What makes that result against Watford impressive is that we went into the game without Allison, Fab, Cujo, Thiago, Elliott, and Jota coming back from injury.

That's 4 starting players at least, and the team just coming back from international duty.

Always thought we'd win, but the way we did it? Absolutely bossed it. Absolutely bossed it. Gotta follow it up in the next game tho

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I called it August :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: . I think just after their draw at Southampton.
I shall never criticise Matip again, especially when comparing him to that overpaid dud Maguire . The only player I would take from them right now is Greenwood, and maybe Rashford. Thats it.
Agree about ChelseA’s good fortune but Pep has worked out a formula to beat them comfortably .
2 difficult matches coming up for us .
Greenwood is fucking class. Top top player him. Sancho will be also. Like Shaw. De Gea has found some form. Individual players are actually good, but lack leadership and guidance

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Greenwood’s manager would be asking himself whether staying at Man Utd is the best option for the development of the player.
The focal point and go to has become 36 yr old declining star Tapinaldo .
Greenwood has had to jostle for a starting spot amongst Cavani, Lingard, Martial , Rashford and Sancho when he should be their starting striker.
Even Pogba is starting to call out their shitness.
As strange as it sounds they need someone like Steve Bruce to steady the ship, that’s the level they have dropped to.