Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would prefer well play our strongest possible line up against Man Utd.
Having said that , whose to say that if Origi does get game time at Old Trafford he does not score , especially the state they are in right now.
United will park the bus so we'll need to have some skill set in there. Jota?

When is Thiago back?

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
United will park the bus so we'll need to have some skill set in there. Jota?

When is Thiago back?
You think they will park the bus ? That’s been there game plan in the past fixtures but with their backs against the wall and pressure mounting on that useless dud Ole they will view this game as a “cup final” . They are also playing at home so there will be an expectation from their fans that they go for the win , rather than play not to lose.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He has played 237 minutes across all competitions, fairly big drop off in minutes for him but his returns are good even without the hattrick. Crowds have been a big help for Bobby, also having a quality option in Jota do we could afford to rest him and not rush him back into the team.

Would you start Bobby against Atletico or Jota? Or do we go with Champions League Origi? :tearsofjoy:
I don't know if it's coincidence or not but Salah scored both his amazing goals the past 2 games when Firmino was on the field and Jota off it. I think Firmino and Salah have a better combo together.

I'd rather start Jota vs Madrid and have Firmino start vs United.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
These are glorious times we are experiencing as LFC fans, not just because of the on field success. But even our players are getting in on the action trolling the Man Utd fans.
Take Tapinaldo for example. The declining multi earpierced star who has come back and unbalanced their team has scored only tap ins and flukey/lucky goals , winning a farcical player of the month award.
So what does Bobby do? He emulates the tap ins , not just once but 3 times over in 1 game. What you can do I can do better is what Bobby said at Watford . And you could see it in his celebration .
Bobby made a statement on the weekend that if we go by precedence then he should be winning the next player of the month award.
Then you have that magnificent Mo Salah . What a superstar .
He finds out Tapinaldo is back in the PL so what does he do ? He lifts his game to new heights , rising above all others to the best player in the world status . Scoring at will Messi type goals and dishing up skilful assists that even Maradona would be proud off.
We move onto the Penandes fable , their “star player” who has scored most of his goals from the penalty spot ( prior to Tapinaldos arrival) and they label him “ world class” .
Enter “I've just scored my ton” Sadio Mane , 100 PL goals of which none have from came the penalty spot !!!!! A real Wold class player backed up by his numbers and acknowledged by his coach .
Then there is ever so the likeable Jurgen Klopp , one of if not the best coaches in the world. If Jurgen didn’t become a coach he would have been in the high end construction game , and building masterpieces the likes of the Taj Mahal , Burj Khalifa , Guggenheim museum and Sydney Opera house as some examples.
Jurgen is known to build aesthetically beautiful and functional things from scratch.
He is 54 years old but he’s looking younger than what he did when he first arrived at our club . He’s lost his glasses, restyled his hair , trimmed his beard and is looking more like a 40 year old than a 54 year old.
And then there’s poor Ole on the opposite spectrum , who looks like he’s aged a decade with that permanent worrysome resting look on his face that is sometimes broken with that fake farcical clown resembling smile of his. Ole reminds me of those 3rd year motor mechanic apprentices who just fuck up all the time even though they try so hard but end packing it in due to their incompetence and end up becoming tow truck drivers.
You can see that coaching has taken its toll on him as his skin looks like it’s in desperate need of a vitamin C,D,E ,K boost. And those red bags under his eyes are no doubt a result of the many sleepless nights he is having trying to work out how he can can get the best of the likes of Maguire , McTomcantplay and Fred.
You couldn’t script this stuff my LFC and Bulldogs brothers.
YNWA

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't know if it's coincidence or not but Salah scored both his amazing goals the past 2 games when Firmino was on the field and Jota off it. I think Firmino and Salah have a better combo together.

I'd rather start Jota vs Madrid and have Firmino start vs United.
An inform Bobby defenitely compliments Mane and Salah better than Jota but it was probably just a coincidence with those goals lol. Jota is better suited to being a winger in our system anyway but does a good job filling in at centre forward.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
An inform Bobby defenitely compliments Mane and Salah better than Jota but it was probably just a coincidence with those goals lol. Jota is better suited to being a winger in our system anyway but does a good job filling in at centre forward.
Need Bobby back in the starting side.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
While it's fun laughing at United, the season has a long long way to go so we'd better be careful how much shit we throw out ;)

We need to turn up tonight against Athletico. A win would be HUGE for the club, especially if the other result goes our way.

Then, onto the more important game against United. He'll park the bus so we'll need to really be on our game as we always seem to struggle against teams that play a low block. Would really have loved Thiago for this week as he'd be perfectly suited for it.

Massive few weeks ahead. Can't wait.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think Ox might start against Atletico, just got a feeling...Jota, Gomez and maybe Kostas? Can't see any other changes.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
While it's fun laughing at United, the season has a long long way to go so we'd better be careful how much shit we throw out ;)
Their own fans are even laughing. They are the ones throwing shit at them. Have you forgotten last seasons protesting fans at Old Trafford?
There are rumours circulating more protests are planned before our game , especially if they don’t get a result against Atalanta.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interesting that tbh. Hope Keita stays fit!

Interesting for United too having Fab completely fresh and I imagine then Jota will start?