Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Former Blackburn striker Chris Sutton has gin on record stating Salah is better than Messi and Ronaldo right now.
Big call .His stats are epic.

Claiming Salah is the best player in the world is the in thing right now, everyone is doing it haha.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Surely they've gotta sign up Mo tho? Would club really try and sell him? Beginning of the end that would be

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty good analysis.
The thing with Klopp is he is very loyal to his players, he was loyal at Dortmund and he is just as loyal at Liverpool.
There is nothing wrong with that because sometimes the player will repay that loyalty with his performances.
However some players on our roster are not performing and Klopp continues to stick by them.
Bobby as you’ve mentioned has been down in form since last season, Ox has not offered much, same with Keita also and we use his injuries as the reason.
But these guys have not and will not be moved on unless an offer comes in. Klopp talked up Lovren ( when he wasn’t talking himself up ) but when a decent offer came in from Russia they sold him. That’s how he operates.
As for Jota I’m happy to give him more time, I think he can really really help us.
I don’t want to come across as LFC fan who thinks every player in our squad is a superstar just because he wears the LFC jersey. And my criticism of some players like Matip isn’t hate, it’s just an opinion of mine that we have better options.
The squad is ageing but we also have some very good young players coming through who look like certain starters . Jones and Elliott are very young and Klopp has had no issue throwing them in big games.
For mine Klopp really needs to fix the problem we have conceding goals and our inability to close out matches. We took the lead 3 times against Brentford and twice against Man City but did not end up with 3 points .
Last season should've been a warning to the club, because if Leicester didn't bottle it, Liverpool wouldn't even be in the champions league this season.
Klopp's done well with the young guys he has started, but Elliot is out injured and Curtis Jones is yet to show he has the consistency to play for a title challenging side.

Do you expect any big names to leave at the end of the season? Mane? Firmino?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely they've gotta sign up Mo tho? Would club really try and sell him? Beginning of the end that would be
I think his legend will be too big for your board to even consider selling him.

Would be interesting to see what they would do if PSG offered 100m or so.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think his legend will be too big for your board to even consider selling him.

Would be interesting to see what they would do if PSG offered 100m or so.
Will be interesting for sure mate. 100m won't be enough tho. No where near enough. Kane was 150m. Salah will need to be 150m+ at least

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Last season should've been a warning to the club, because if Leicester didn't bottle it, Liverpool wouldn't even be in the champions league this season.
Klopp's done well with the young guys he has started, but Elliot is out injured and Curtis Jones is yet to show he has the consistency to play for a title challenging side.

I think Liverpool should've moved on some players already tbh. One of the front three.

Klopp thinks differently, so who am I to argue against him? He made sense in what he was saying, and as long as we're bringing some youth through I'm happy. Plus buy a few players finally! LOL.

Gotta imagine one of Mane or Bobby will leave? I'd say it's more likely Bobby but he seems completely happy here so Mane?

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The interesting thing is that in 2023 Salah, Mane and Firmino’s contracts all expire . If we are to believe reports we are looking to extend Salah and Mane’s contract beyond 2023.
The one that stands out as possibly being sold is Firmino.
Chamberlain and Keita’s contract ask so expire in 2023 so there’s a handful of players that a decision needs to be made for.
Personally I would sell Firmino and Chamberlain. And Keita really needs to step things up and offer more otherwise he can go too.
As for the youngsters, I really rate Curtis Jones,I think he will be a very influential player for us, same with Elliott.There are a couple more youngsters coming through very highly rated in Gordon and Muscliewski but you got to give these youngsters time because to win trophies you need experience.
I would be very surprised if we didn’t go to the market at the end of this season .
We could do with another starting midfielder and a striker in my opinion.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The interesting thing is that in 2023 Salah, Mane and Firmino’s contracts all expire . If we are to believe reports we are looking to extend Salah and Mane’s contract beyond 2023.
The one that stands out as possibly being sold is Firmino.
Chamberlain and Keita’s contract ask so expire in 2023 so there’s a handful of players that a decision needs to be made for.
Personally I would sell Firmino and Chamberlain. And Keita really needs to step things up and offer more otherwise he can go too.
As for the youngsters, I really rate Curtis Jones,I think he will be a very influential player for us, same with Elliott.There are a couple more youngsters coming through very highly rated in Gordon and Muscliewski but you got to give these youngsters time because to win trophies you need experience.
I would be very surprised if we didn’t go to the market at the end of this season .
We could do with another starting midfielder and a striker in my opinion.
Good points there.

Ox has to go for sure. I'd say Bobby too but he seems so happy here? Keita ... the writing is definitely on the wall, but he'll have his chance.

I'd say we need a striker and attacking wideman. And a backup RB.

Midfielder I guess it depends on Curtis, Elliott & Keita. If those three step up then we've got Fab, Thiago, Hendo, and those 3. Maybe one more but not particularly a starting midfielder?

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good points there.

Ox has to go for sure. I'd say Bobby too but he seems so happy here? Keita ... the writing is definitely on the wall, but he'll have his chance.

I'd say we need a striker and attacking wideman. And a backup RB.

Midfielder I guess it depends on Curtis, Elliott & Keita. If those three step up then we've got Fab, Thiago, Hendo, and those 3. Maybe one more but not particularly a starting midfielder?
You never with Klopp what he’s thinking . But the roster doesn’t need some tweaking in certain postitions .
Someone like Haaland up front playing off Salah and Mane with be mouth watering.
Ox definitely has not justified his transfer fee that for sure, neither has Keita to date . What a bargain Salah and Fabinio have turned out t be though.
Regarding RB we were looking to offload Neco Williams if an offer of £10 million came.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This international break is a pain in the ass for clubs . FIFA really need to find a solution, when players are returning unavailble due to being injured we now have the quarantine rules ruling out players.
Allison and Fabinho will not be available for the Watford game due to having to quarantine upon return.
Mane and Tsimikas are also travelling to red listed countries so their availability may be in the air also.
Let’s hope no other players get injured because at this stage we are already down 2 players for the Watford game .

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This one is for you @Mutt Dafty dream is officially over lol

Mbappé to L’Équipe: “When I say leave, I’m talking about Real Madrid. Real made an offer. I thought that my time at PSG was over. Leaving was the logical next step”. Police cars revolving lightWhite circle

“Other clubs? NO. I am attached to Paris, and if I had left this summer it would have only been for Real”.
Irrelevant to what he does NEXT summer.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mate. We're struggling to offer Salah a big contract. You think we'll go even higher and get Mbappe? Not going to happen.

Madrid it is
People love to jump to conclusions. All I said is it was irrelevant to what he does next summer and you make up some story in your head.