Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There really isn't much wrong with us other than the final pass/shot. We have the odd brain fade but for the most part we're in control and creating chances...we just don't score enough. There always seems to be a shitty touch, extra touch, misplaced pass, etc when we get into key areas. Trent's set pieces have also been pathetic for a while, we should be putting way more pressure on teams with them and scoring more goals.
It is a worry this goal scoring part. Always felt that we needed that out and out scorer. Imagine Haaland in our team ..

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Next year when the African cup is on and we lose Salah and Mane for a couple of weeks is a concern

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There really isn't much wrong with us other than the final pass/shot. We have the odd brain fade but for the most part we're in control and creating chances...we just don't score enough. There always seems to be a shitty touch, extra touch, misplaced pass, etc when we get into key areas. Trent's set pieces have also been pathetic for a while, we should be putting way more pressure on teams with them and scoring more goals.
Yep, we are actually on our game and playing good football. The stuff you point out will iron themselves out sooner or later.
But we have started the season well and if anything if we do polish up what on you point out it’s a scary thought for our opponents. We have room for improvement.
My concern is injuries/ suspension up front. We have the defence covered with enough quality to cover if we do have injuries/ suspension, same with the midfield. Up front though its Bobby, Mane , Salah and Jota.
Ox came on today and probably tried a little too hard. Taki still hasn’t proven himself in Liverpool jersey and Origi,well Origi is a good for cameo / fill in role.

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep, we are actually on our game and playing good football. The stuff you point out will iron the,sleeves out sooner or later.
But we have started the season well and if anything if we do polish up what you point out it’s a scary thought for our opponents. We have room for improvement.
My concern is injuries/ suspension up front. We have the defence covered with enough quality to cover if we do have injuries/ suspension, same with the midfield. Up front though its Bobby, Mane , Salah and Jota.
Ox came on today and probably tried a little too hard. Taki still hasn’t proven himself in Liverpool jersey and Origi,well Origi is a good for cameo / fill in role.
Ox didn't really have a lot of time to shine if I'm honest.

Would like to see some more goals from midfield personally. Such a fricken shame about Elliott as feel he could've stepped up in this area, and was awesome seeing Hendo step up last night. It's what we need to see more of.

Keita. Hendo. Thiago. Fab. Those four need to step up and get more goals. I'd even say Trent and Robbo too.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ox didn't really have a lot of time to shine if I'm honest.

Would like to see some more goals from midfield personally. Such a fricken shame about Elliott as feel he could've stepped up in this area, and was awesome seeing Hendo step up last night. It's what we need to see more of.

Keita. Hendo. Thiago. Fab. Those four need to step up and get more goals. I'd even say Trent and Robbo too.
Curtis Jones is a viable quality option also . I rate him .
It looks like Klopp will rooster more this season . It’s very important that even the non regular starters get game time to be ready .
Elliott will more than likely be back early next year . If the ligament damage is not severe possibly even earlier.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Curtis Jones is a viable quality option also . I rate him .
It looks like Klopp will rooster more this season . It’s very important that even the non regular starters get game time to be ready .
Elliott will more than likely be back early next year . If the ligament damage is not severe possibly even earlier.
Forgot abotu Curtis. Thought he looked very good coming on actually, and likes a shot. Good call.

Fingers crossed Elliott comes back sooner rather than later!

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
latest reports are linking /speculating us to Lewandowski, it’s reported that he’s asked Bayern for transfer request so he can seek a “new challenge”
He is also very close with Klopp. he will be 34, can’t see it happening

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
latest reports are linking /speculating us to Lewandowski, it’s reported that he’s asked Bayern for transfer request so he can seek a “new challenge”
He is also very close with Klopp. he will be 34, can’t see it happening
Ffs. People get too bored I think and just link us to people.

His wages would be too high imo. Imagine him up front tho. We'd put in a heap of goals.

Never going to happen tho

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ffs. People get too bored I think and just link us to people.

His wages would be too high imo. Imagine him up front tho. We'd put in a heap of goals.

Never going to happen tho
He’d break Salah’s record of most goals in a season if he signed with us and we’d win the title.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Saw some interesting talk in twitter about who world class players are at Liverpool. The first step I guess is how do you list someone as world class? Personally I'd say it's the best if the best, so top 1-2 in their position.

This is what was listed:

Ali
Fab
Salah
Trent
VVD

Would you add anyone to this? Take someone away? Trent is a hard one as I truly think he's magnificent but not sure if he's top 2 yet?

Personally I'd add Robbo to the list tho

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Saw some interesting talk in twitter about who world class players are at Liverpool. The first step I guess is how do you list someone as world class? Personally I'd say it's the best if the best, so top 1-2 in their position.

This is what was listed:

Ali
Fab
Salah
Trent
VVD

Would you add anyone to this? Take someone away? Trent is a hard one as I truly think he's magnificent but not sure if he's top 2 yet?

Personally I'd add Robbo to the list tho
TAA is the best RB in the world so yes he's world class. I'd add Robertson because he's in the top 3 LB in the world. Mane was 2 years ago but he's fallen off big time from that level.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
TAA is the best RB in the world so yes he's world class. I'd add Robertson because he's in the top 3 LB in the world. Mane was 2 years ago but he's fallen off big time from that level.
Have to agree with that. People often slag off Trent for his defensive side, but he's not supposed to be that 'traditional fullback' anyway.

Agree about Robbo.