Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Quiet in here :grinning:

Big game today but feel flat for it. Absolute credit to United. Hate the ***** but they've stood up and done well this year. A win would mean nothing tbh as they'll still finish well above us and have done better than us in many departments but ...

Maybe a win would mean we'd have some chance of top 4? I just don't see it personally. Can't score.

We'll see I guess

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They’ve won nothing significant for many years . Their biggest claim to fame lately is that they have the 2nd best defence and it’s all because of Maguire . :sob:
The only thing they have finished in first spot is the penalties they have been awarded , which Bruno converts. I know the truth bother some but it is what it is.

Our season nosedived after Xmas and the contributing factors are many. Injuries though really took its toll on us this season. We lost key players for extended periods. We started the season so well and had a handy lead and definitely would have gone back to back
Moving forward the roster needs to be replenished so that we can be better for next season .

Regardless what we do against the 2nd best team of Manchester I think top 4 is gone for us . Leicester and Chelsea have a handy lead and quite simply we haven’t been playing well enough. Our strikers can’t kill off games and our makeshift defence with mediocre central defenders are good to cop a goal in most matches . We’ve dropped points in our last to PL games against teams we should have been conceding late goals .

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I honestly cbf watching the game tonight...I'll see.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They’ve won nothing significant for many years . Their biggest claim to fame lately is that they have the 2nd best defence and it’s all because of Maguire . :sob:
The only thing they have finished in first spot is the penalties they have been awarded , which Bruno converts. I know the truth bother some but it is what it is.

Our season nosedived after Xmas and the contributing factors are many. Injuries though really took its toll on us this season. We lost key players for extended periods. We started the season so well and had a handy lead and definitely would have gone back to back
Moving forward the roster needs to be replenished so that we can be better for next season .

Regardless what we do against the 2nd best team of Manchester I think top 4 is gone for us . Leicester and Chelsea have a handy lead and quite simply we haven’t been playing well enough. Our strikers can’t kill off games and our makeshift defence with mediocre central defenders are good to cop a goal in most matches . We’ve dropped points in our last to PL games against teams we should have been conceding late goals .
Know you're just trying to stir up the United followers, which I fully support but they deserve credit. They're in a better position than us when no one thought it was possible. It doesn't matter what the circumstances, they've done it. Credit imo

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They’ve won nothing significant . They are celebrating things like having the 2nd best defence , yet are still 13 points adrift from the better team of Manchester.
Yes, I’m stirring them up but facts are facts .

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They’ve won nothing significant . Their celebrating things like having the 2nd best defence , yet are still 13 points adrift from the better team of Manchester.
Yes, I’m stirring them up but facts are facts .
Not denying that in the slightest. No point celebrating 2nd place, but they will go on and win the EL and fair credit to them for doing that.

The fact is though. They're better than us this season. By some margin. Whatever the reasons are, they're better. This is the fact and it shows how low we've fallen but also how well they're doing this year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Glutton for punishment. Just like myself.

Prepare yourself for an early goal for us. To smash the shit out of them for 80+ mins then United to get 3 goals in the last 10 including 2 penalties
Im trying not to think about the game but I can't sleep. Hopefully I fall asleep before it starts and miss it haha.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im trying not to think about the game but I can't sleep. Hopefully I fall asleep before it starts and miss it haha.
Honestly. No bigger game than the UNited / Liverpool game and I don't care what anyone says. No bigger game.

But this year? Just feel flat for it. Nothing about our form, as during Fergies time I still loved watching these games. Just ... don't feel it right now.

Hope the lads FINALLY turn up but ... I've been saying that for half a year now and have been let down pretty much every time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Got up for no reasons ffs

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They’ve had so much of a great season that some of their fans decided to celebrate/ protest going as far as invading the playing pitch .
Not all of them must be happy being the penalty winning champions and having the 2nd best defence , hence these protests :sweatsmile:
One could argue that some are just not happy that they haven’t won anything significant in the last 8 years now and hence staged these massive protests , which started at the team hotel and ended up on the old Trafford pitch.
I wonder if they will have points docked ?

Last edited:

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score

Whose celebrating? Whatever makes you sleep better at night bro haha. We are far from a finished product. No one is celebrating shit. We dont want second. We want the title. Until that happens there is no celebrating.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
They’ve had so much of a great season that some of their fans decided to celebrate/ protest going as far as invading the playing pitch .
Not all of them must be happy being the penalty winning champions and having the 2nd best defence , hence these protests :sweatsmile:
One could argue that some are just not happy that they haven’t won anything significant in the last 8 years now and hence staged these massive protests , which started at the team hotel and ended up on the old Trafford pitch.
Yes the fans invaded the pitch specifically for that reason. What a retarded statement. Jesus Christ

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes the fans invaded the pitch specifically for that reason. What a retarded statement. Jesus Christ
Get used to it bro, same dribble flying out , different shit

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You were listening to Souness speak I take it?

Look. I think it's as clear as day that the fans of United have had enough and good for them in all honesty. We went through a similar thing and even though we didn't storm the field or whatever we also were up in arms about Hicks & Gillett. As much as I hate United, I was happy for them that they finally made such a strong stand against the leeches running their club.

Will be interesting seeing what happens now though as imagine some kind of punishment will be handed out? I mean, when team buses have a smashed window the world is calling for blood. To have a game called off and police assaulted? Who knows?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whose celebrating? Whatever makes you sleep better at night bro haha. We are far from a finished product. No one is celebrating shit. We dont want second. We want the title. Until that happens there is no celebrating.
Tbh there's been a bit of celebrating. Just need to look at Neville for example.

Honestly? We'd be doing the same, and were when we finally started getting back into the mix. This year needs to be a stepping stone for you though as you can't afford to slip up in the next window. Big big opportunity for you to catch United & Chelsea & Liverpool if I'm honest. Big chance.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
You were listening to Souness speak I take it?

Look. I think it's as clear as day that the fans of United have had enough and good for them in all honesty. We went through a similar thing and even though we didn't storm the field or whatever we also were up in arms about Hicks & Gillett. As much as I hate United, I was happy for them that they finally made such a strong stand against the leeches running their club.

Will be interesting seeing what happens now though as imagine some kind of punishment will be handed out? I mean, when team buses have a smashed window the world is calling for blood. To have a game called off and police assaulted? Who knows?
Crazy scenes bro and so dumb. We all want the putrid scum owners to fk off but it ain't gonna happen that easily and that's not the way to do it anyways. Ahh well was a good laugh haha