Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Who'd buy Matip? Won't have played for 6+ months. Coming back from a serious injury. FSG will never let him go on the cheap.

VVD, Gomez. Matip Kabak. Phillips. Our 5 CBs for next year imo.

Salahs our best player atm. If we got good money for him then ok but struggle to think who'd be able to afford him
Regardless if you sell matip or not, he can't be relied upon to stay fit. Let's see if klopp learns from his mistakes and actually buys a centre back

No one is going to pay the money you guys want for salah, especially after a season of no crowds. You're stuck with him and his value will drop further due to his age.

The big coutinho type cash in is not on the horizon and that's a disaster for your club.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Regardless if you sell matip or not, he can't be relied upon to stay fit. Let's see if klopp learns from his mistakes and actually buys a centre back

No one is going to pay the money you guys want for salah, especially after a season of no crowds. You're stuck with him and his value will drop further due to his age.

The big coutinho type cash in is not on the horizon and that's a disaster for your club.
Yup they missed the bus for big money for salah

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would you guys start Kabak ahead of Gomez or Matip? If yes, then he stays as a replacement for those two.
But if we are actively looking for another CB as its being reported then why would you not save the 18 million Kabak would cost and put it for better quality player.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would you guys start Kabak ahead of Gomez or Matip? If yes, then he stays as a replacement for those two.
But if we are actively looking for another CB as its being reported then why would you not save the 18 million Kabak would cost and put it for better quality player.
No. But I'd keep him because he's worth more than 18m, is 20 and is only getting better.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But we have Phillips aa a backup option. Ben Davies we haven’t seen but if we were to purchase a competent partner for VVD you would have Phillips and Gomez as back ups.
Kabak may be worth more than 18 million, but I would rather save that money and add it to a signing that will walk in and partner up VVD

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But we have Phillips aa a backup option. Ben Davies we haven’t seen but if we were to purchase a competent partner for VVD you would have Phillips and Gomez as back ups.
Kabak may be worth more than 18 million, but I would rather save that money and add it to a signing that will walk in and partner up VVD
And? If this season has taught as anything it's that was need backup lol.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah decent back ups is what we need, which we don’t have otherwise Fabinho and Hendo wouldn’t have been playing CB .
A quality defender with Gomez / Phillips / Davies as back his back up should be fine.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Difficult to know what our club is thinking, but we all know that Klopp loves a prospect to mould into an incredible player. Without doubt Phillips has done well this year, much better than most expected. Credit to the guy.

In saying that, Kabak is 4+ years younger and has more in his draw. Considering that Kabak just changed leagues halfway through the season, he's stepped into a team in complete freefall with massive issues at the back, different language & town to live in ... taking all of these into account I think there's a lot lot more to come from Kabak. The ceiling is much much higher.

Phillips has been with us for a while so he's got a massive advantage over Kabak already. But, I'd say that Kabak has shown more than Phillips. Just my personal opinion, and I also don't think Phillips is that answer but more of a decent backup of a backup perhaps.

If we were City, we'd be splashign money on a top top CB. I have no doubt about that. But we're not. And I think now there are other more important positions to strengthen.

VVD, Gomez, Matip, Kabak, Phillips and Davies. We had 3 options at CB at the start of the year, now we have 6 and I think the addition of Kabak and Phillips has been a mastermind.

We're not going to get rid of Matip. There's no way.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And? If this season has taught as anything it's that was need backup lol.
Eaxctly this. Need options there. As I just said, going from 3 CBs to now 6 is a big step forward. Yes, we'd all love us to sign one of the best CBs going around but we all know that's not going to happen. Not with Phillips and Kabak doing pretty well atm. If they have a fall in form then perhaps but ...

We need to get an attacker or two. I don't think we'll sell any of the front 3 personally but we'll get rid of Origi, Taki, and even perhaps Shaq.

At least another midfielder but maybe two, though this depends on Gini. OX will be gone. As will Milner imo. If Gini goes also then that's 2 players we need in midfield.

I'd even say that we need another RB too! Neco just doesn't cut it for me.

That's 4 positions I'd spend in BEFORE CB.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We will need to strengthen the midfield. Milner will be 36 , Gini could be leaving , the latest is thatBarca have gone cold. Keita is always injured. Ox has not delivered . The midfield will need bolstering also .
Harvey Elliott will return a better player from his loan spell , but one of the 3 up front will be sold. I think it will be Salah .
All ofcourse will depend if qualify for the CL .
Neco Williams is 19, if we are prepared to give Kabak a chance due to his younger age then we should give Neco the same opportunities. He ain’t a bad young player .
Tsimikas hasnt offered anything to date, injuries haven’t helped him but if he does not settle in soon he can move on also .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We will need to strengthen the midfield. Milner will be 36 , Gini could be leaving , the latest is thatBarca have gone cold. Keita is always injured. Ox has not delivered . The midfield will need bolstering also .
Harvey Elliott will return a better player from his loan spell , but one of the 3 up front will be sold. I think it will be Salah .
All ofcourse will depend if qualify for the CL .
Can't see anyone having the money to buy Salah or Mane. Personally think all three will stay and we'll add another.

Agree about midfield. Even with Gini staying I'd say we need at least one more midfielder. Preferably a goal scorer.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup they missed the bus for big money for salah
I'd be keeping Salah ideally to play with M'Bappe or whoever else plays up front.

At his best he's a smart creative player who not only scores plenty of goals but creates a lot of them for other players. This year has been a write off for a variety of reasons, mainly based on injuries and the resulting constant changes to the team. When things go back to normal Salah will get much better again. Great thing is as he gets older he offers a lot more than a former fast player who's game is built on pace, with declining speed.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How would we afford his wages is my question? Leave out the fact we don't have enough money for his transfer fee, I just don't see how we'd be able to match thewages at most clubs. United. City. Barca. Madrid. All would pay 100k a week more than us. At least.