Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2-3 players injured? I wish we only had 2-3 players injured lol. Shaqiri, Keita and Matip literally disappear for weeks out of no where. VVD, Gomez, Thiago, Ox, Jota and Kostas have all been missing for extended periods. Milner, Alisson, etc have spent decent amount of time injured..
This ^^^^

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s what makes Great mangers
Squad rotation
Winning titles make great managers.
Nobody remembers coaches who roatated their squad but won nothing , other than the odd rare derby match .

btw, having Pogba out last season was a blessing for you guys, he was rubbish , disinterested as he wanted out. He’s playing a little better this season but that’s because he is playing for a transfer.

I still insist you guys won’t win the title and will finish outside the top 4.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2-3 players injured? I wish we only had 2-3 players injured lol. Shaqiri, Keita and Matip literally disappear for weeks out of no where. VVD, Gomez, Thiago, Ox, Jota and Kostas have all been missing for extended periods. Milner, Alisson, etc have spent decent amount of time injured..

I agree Klopp sucks at rotating the squad and making subs and if certain players had more gametime then we would've been better prepared for situations like this....but we've been fucked silly with injuries, to say otherwise is just taking the piss.
I’m talking to 2-3 in last month or so with no wins
Yes had some injuries
But bar van dyke and Gomez now you full strength
It’s more than injuries at the moment
Runs way deeper

You guys were at the top at Xmas new year with the injuries
Nearly all back now but can’t win
You were winning without
Now you can’t win with
But still blaming injuries

That’s my point

Start looking at klopp
The players
The team management

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Winning titles make great managers.
Nobody remembers coaches who roatated their squad but won nothing , other than the odd rare derby match .

btw, having Pogba out last season was a blessing for you guys, he was rubbish , disinterested as he wanted out. He’s playing a little better this season but that’s because he is playing for a transfer.

I still insist you guys won’t win the title and will finish outside the top 4.
Lots of managers have won titles
Doesn’t make em Great

Not many have done it over years and years and years
With good rotation of players
Keeping em as fresh as you can to challenge year after year after year
That’s a great manger

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes had some injuries
But bar van dyke and Gomez now you full strength
It’s more than injuries at the moment
Runs way deeper
Is Jota back? Keita? Lol. You also have to consider that all though players like Thiago, Ox, Kostas etc are back...they're still struggling due to lack of match fitness and/or suffering side effects from Covid.

Like I said I agree there are things that Klopp does that I don't agree with, but at the end of the day our two best defenders are missing, our two best midfielders are rarely playing in midfield, our most inform attacker is missing...you're obviously going to struggle with that. The major injuries have also mostly been contact related rather than the soft tissue type injuries that you'd expect from fatigue (other than the usual suspects Keita, Matip and Shaqiri).

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I agree Klopp sucks at rotating the squad and making subs and if certain players had more gametime then we would've been better prepared for situations like this....but we've been fucked silly with injuries, to say otherwise is just taking the piss.
Thats not an excuse, sorry.

Your defence has still performed well and you've had your starting front 3 from the past 2 seasons fully fit and playing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thats not an excuse, sorry.

Your defence has still performed well and you've had your starting front 3 from the past 2 seasons fully fit and playing.
It's not an excuse, it's a reason. Our defence has still performed? Surely you have more Football knowledge than to make a statement like that? I don't know about United, but our defenders CLEARLY have a major impact on how we attack.

We have VVD and Gomez at the back with Fabinho and Henderson in midfield with the ability to know when to drop back or cover the fullbacks then we could send as many players forward as we want and overwhelm the opposition with the confidence of knowing these guys at the back will make the key play under extreme pressure. VVD ball playing from the back is also missing.

We relied heavily on certain players so we could play a certain way, no suprise to see that without them we're struggling. You should know how much one player can impact the side considering what Bruno has done for you lot.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not an excuse, it's a reason. Our defence has still performed? Surely you have more Football knowledge than to make a statement like that? I don't know about United, but our defenders CLEARLY have a major impact on how we attack.

We have VVD and Gomez at the back with Fabinho and Henderson in midfield with the ability to know when to drop back or cover the fullbacks then we could send as many players forward as we want and overwhelm the opposition with the confidence of knowing these guys at the back will make the key play under extreme pressure. VVD ball playing from the back is also missing.

We relied heavily on certain players so we could play a certain way, no suprise to see that without them we're struggling. You should know how much one player can impact the side considering what Bruno has done for you lot.
Bro you guys have had something like 20+ shots in games that you've dropped points.

I understand your point and agree to a degree but however you've still dominated possession and shots and failed to get points.

I revert back to the last 2 seasons were exceptions and you've fallen back to the normal rate for teams at the top.

Also teams have figured out your attack and allow you to have that much ball because now they know how to defend against you

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bro you guys have had something like 20+ shots in games that you've dropped points.

I understand your point and agree to a degree but however you've still dominated possession and shots and failed to get points.

I revert back to the last 2 seasons were exceptions and you've fallen back to the normal rate for teams at the top.
Possession and number of shots is a poor metric for us though. In recent seasons we've been a team that has literally tried to dribble the ball into the box and look for crosses from the edge or even inside the box to generate goals. Our possession numbers were also inflated sue to us closing out games and simply maintaining possession.

I agree we "over-performed" and we put up numbers that just weren't sustainable...but that imo had more to do with us developing a system that so many teams simply struggled to play against while also suiting our players perfectly.

Now what you're seeing is a combination of teams knowing how to play us and us failing to overcome it due to injuries, tactics and just general drops in form. Klopp prepared for this and looked to tweak things tactically and bought in someone like Thiago, however things didn't go to plan.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

You guys were at the top at Xmas new year with the injuries
Nearly all back now but can’t win
You were winning without
Now you can’t win with
But still blaming injuries

That’s my point
We demolished teams during that period even though we were expected to drop points against due to players that were out.
Weve stumbled against the lesser teams, matches we should have won because we created numerous chances. What’s to blame? mental fatigue, physically spent? A combination of both? , we’ve hit a wall . 6 points clear to 6 points behind.
Something had to give in my opinion. We may look spent but there’s still a long way to go.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We demolished teams during that period even though we were expected to drop points against due to players that were out.
Weve stumbled against the lesser teams, matches we should have won because we created numerous chances. What’s to blame? mental fatigue, physically spent? A combination of both? , we’ve hit a wall . 6 points clear to 6 points behind.
Something had to give in my opinion. We may look spent but there’s still a long way to go.
I think this is a spot on take of the whole thing. Really well put.

It all takes it toll. Let's not forget what we've done in the last 2 years, that the players didn't have the usual rest before the season etc. They look cooked.

'Smart' people are pointing to squad rotation as the problem? Who's left to rotate at CB? We played an inexperienced 19 year old against United, a player that's 6th choice, and look what happened. How do we rotate when there's no one left to rotate?

In midfield. Who do we rotate? Keita, Milner, Hendo, Shaq, Thiago have all been injured for lengthy periods. Who would we rotate when there's no one to rotate?

It's simply stating facts. We will talk about all of this at the end of the season. Will we win the league? It's looking unlikely but it's only halfway through. I still think we'll finish above UNited

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Possession and number of shots is a poor metric for us though. In recent seasons we've been a team that has literally tried to dribble the ball into the box and look for crosses from the edge or even inside the box to generate goals. Our possession numbers were also inflated sue to us closing out games and simply maintaining possession.

I agree we "over-performed" and we put up numbers that just weren't sustainable...but that imo had more to do with us developing a system that so many teams simply struggled to play against while also suiting our players perfectly.

Now what you're seeing is a combination of teams knowing how to play us and us failing to overcome it due to injuries, tactics and just general drops in form. Klopp prepared for this and looked to tweak things tactically and bought in someone like Thiago, however things didn't go to plan.
People really don't get the damage to our system when you've got Fab in at CB. Yes, he's playing extremely well there but it means we're missing that player in front of the defence that we had last year. Him being there allowed Trent & Robbo to bomb on, but we haven't had the opportunity to do that this year especially when Hendo, Thiago and a whole host of other midfield players have been injured.

It's only natural when a team's changing the lineup on a weekly basis for that team to miss synergy.

We're at a low point right now, but we're still there and fighting.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd really like to see Thiago further up the field, which was always the plan. But once again with injuries he's been forced to play as the deep sitting midfielder. Hopefully when hendo is fit, Thiago can move into his more natural position further up which will give us more creativity and we'll see the best out of him.

Fingers crossed Hendo is OK for Spurs because our midfield didn't work in defence. We didn't protect the fullbacks, especially for the goals.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We need to play our best front 6 and just put whoever at CB at try to win 4-3 like in Klopp's earlier days. We're killing our mifield and front 3 the way we've been trying to cover at CB

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Alisson

TAA
Matip
?
Robertson

Fabinho
Thiago
Henderson

Mane
Firmino
Salah

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Alisson

TAA
Matip
?
Robertson

Fabinho
Thiago
Henderson

Mane
Firmino
Salah
We've no other option but to start Fab at CB. There's no point pretending that we can put anyone else there. Just look at the United game. If Hendo was playing CB we would've won the game.

Strongest would be with Hendo, Thiago & Keita in the midfield, but we know Keita will never be fit so put in Gini

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We've no other option but to start Fab at CB. There's no point pretending that we can put anyone else there. Just look at the United game. If Hendo was playing CB we would've won the game.

Strongest would be with Hendo, Thiago & Keita in the midfield, but we know Keita will never be fit so put in Gini
Would of won
If cavani didn’t hit the post 4-2
If Greenwood rashly looked around for cavani another goal
Come on mate goes both ways

Should coulda woulda you blokes

First stage of mourning is denial .......lol

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Would of won
If cavani didn’t hit the post 4-2
If Greenwood rashly looked around for cavani another goal
Come on mate goes both ways

Should coulda woulda you blokes

First stage of mourning is denial .......lol
Know you're looking for a reaction but you're not going to get it from me.

Coming from the guy who said that had Bruno gone 2 inches the other way ...

At the end of the day, we gifted you the 1st & 2nd goals with bad defending, and the 3rd was a weak decision by the ref.

Does it make a difference? No. You won. End of.

But it doesn't change the facts about the game, does it?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Know you're looking for a reaction but you're not going to get it from me.

Coming from the guy who said that had Bruno gone 2 inches the other way ...

At the end of the day, we gifted you the 1st & 2nd goals with bad defending, and the 3rd was a weak decision by the ref.

Does it make a difference? No. You won. End of.

But it doesn't change the facts about the game, does it?
Are you serious???

We were given 3 goals huh?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

There is always an option. What we are doing is clearly not working.