Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You may take it as trolling, its my frank take on your team.

City were crippled by injuries last season, this season you guys and I wouldn't necessarily say you're "crippled" it's only one player long term.

We started the season WITHOUT a rest for our players and WITHOUT a proper pre-season and our results (early on in the season) displayed as much (thats why we have a catch up game with Burnley). But once match fitness was achieved, our form has significantly improved.

No United fan expects to be competing this season but we had hopes to be competing next season.

The fact things out of our control hampered us for a good 5 or 6 games at the start of the season, and that we're on this pace in this position speaks volumes for the PE teacher and the job hes done.
City were crippled by injuries last season? ahhahahahahahaha

Now I know you're trolling. Fucking hell. Hahahaha

And you're talking up how hard it's been for you? Hahahaha

It's not even good trolling though.

Weird though. Your stance that is. As it's kind of the same stance you slag off Liverpool supporters for apparently having ... you know ... the excuses etc.

Anyway. Trot along my friend. Trot along :grinning:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
City were crippled by injuries last season? ahhahahahahahaha

Now I know you're trolling. Fucking hell. Hahahaha

And you're talking up how hard it's been for you? Hahahaha

It's not even good trolling though.

Weird though. Your stance that is. As it's kind of the same stance you slag off Liverpool supporters for apparently having ... you know ... the excuses etc.

Anyway. Trot along my friend. Trot along :grinning:
Laporte and Aguero, 2 key players for them. I haven't even bothered to go more in detail of them as theres more.

Not using excuses for us, we're exceeding expectations and the world's bestest team everer is only level with us

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2 players = crippled by injuries hahahaha

Mate. You piss poor attempt at trolling is getting embarrassing. Stick to something remotely like facts rather than just making shit up.

True delusion hahaha

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@coach They're so sensitive about the greatest, bestest everest team ever (Trademark)
That's all you've got? Hahaha. Really? Nothing more about how City were crippled?

You were the one pulling shit out of the air to make some grand point. I was simply stating facts that Liverpool have been absolutely dogged by injuries.

Yeah. So you spout shit. Can't back it up. Embarrass yourself. Then call in your boyfriend for back up. Hahhaha

Pathetic. Keep on trolling though mate. Entertaining & at least it takes my mind off how absolute shit Liverpool are playing ... but are still above you on the league somehow. Says more about your lot than us really, doesn't it?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's all you've got? Hahaha. Really? Nothing more about how City were crippled?

You were the one pulling shit out of the air to make some grand point. I was simply stating facts that Liverpool have been absolutely dogged by injuries.

Yeah. So you spout shit. Can't back it up. Embarrass yourself. Then call in your boyfriend for back up. Hahhaha

Pathetic. Keep on trolling though mate. Entertaining & at least it takes my mind off how absolute shit Liverpool are playing ... but are still above you on the league somehow. Says more about your lot than us really, doesn't it?
Settle down tassie. Injuries happen and impact teams, while others get a large lucky run with injuries, they keep their key players for the whole season.

Its ok, this stuff happens in sport. That's why you have large squads to cover those injuries.

By the way Leroy sane too

And that article was written 25th of November 2019, not even half way through the season

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Settle down tassie. Injuries happen and impact teams, while others get a large lucky run with injuries, they keep their key players for the whole season.

Its ok, this stuff happens in sport. That's why you have large squads to cover those injuries.

By the way Leroy sane too

And that article was written 25th of November 2019, not even half way through the season
Hahaha that's really all you've got? Do your research properly mate and come back to me with something a little better.

What always amazes me is how people go on about Liverpool being lucky with injuries last year, whereas others weren't. The reality is that Laporte was the only really significant loss they had for an extended time. They should've dealt with having one CB out for an extended time, especially considering the money they had in the squad.

Liverpool have had injuries on a different level this year. No twisting or turning from you can say anything different. However, it doesn't excuse how badly we've been playing but ... it does play a part.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha that's really all you've got? Do your research properly mate and come back to me with something a little better.

What always amazes me is how people go on about Liverpool being lucky with injuries last year, whereas others weren't. The reality is that Laporte was the only really significant loss they had for an extended time. They should've dealt with having one CB out for an extended time, especially considering the money they had in the squad.

Liverpool have had injuries on a different level this year. No twisting or turning from you can say anything different. However, it doesn't excuse how badly we've been playing but ... it does play a part.
Wow. So leroy sane and sergio aguero weren't injured for large portions of last season?

Aguero 24 games as below
Screenshot_20210105-234851_Chrome.jpg

Leroy sane
Screenshot_20210105-235003_Chrome.jpg

These two formed a major part of city's attack in 18/19 but according to you they're not important players

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow. So leroy sane and sergio aguero weren't injured for large portions of last season?

Aguero 24 games as below
View attachment 19821

Leroy sane
View attachment 19822

These two formed a major part of city's attack in 18/19 but according to you they're not important players
Again. And I'll say this slowly for you.

You're saying City with the most expensively assembled squad in the EPL were crippled by injuries last year. Really?

So Aguero? Laporte? Sane? No doubt there were more but in your words every team has injuries. Some more than others. It's football.

Do I then list major injuries to Liverpool players also and say Liverpool were crippled by injuries to key players? Of course I can't do that as I'd then be making excuses. No?

Give it a rest sunshine. The level of your hypocracy is going beyond I could've imagined. I assumed you were trolling with this shit but maybe, just maybe you're dumb enough to believe it?

;)

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Again. And I'll say this slowly for you.

You're saying City with the most expensively assembled squad in the EPL were crippled by injuries last year. Really?

So Aguero? Laporte? Sane? No doubt there were more but in your words every team has injuries. Some more than others. It's football.

Do I then list major injuries to Liverpool players also and say Liverpool were crippled by injuries to key players? Of course I can't do that as I'd then be making excuses. No?

Give it a rest sunshine. The level of your hypocracy is going beyond I could've imagined. I assumed you were trolling with this shit but maybe, just maybe you're dumb enough to believe it?

;)
City dont have replacements for aguero, sane or laporte. They were key players for them.

Especially aguero, strikers like him don't grow on trees. Hes a massive player and focal point for them.

What I said was, a major reason city couldn't keep their pace of the previous season were these long term injuries to these key players. Regardless of how much money city have, they will not be able to find players just as good as those key players.

Its like asking Liverpool to play without vvd, salah and mane for large chunks of the season.

Do you expect that they'd win as many games with those three missing? Or are you going to sit here and tell me your subs would do the same job those 3 do?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
City dont have replacements for aguero, sane or laporte. They were key players for them.

Especially aguero, strikers like him don't grow on trees. Hes a massive player and focal point for them.

What I said was, a major reason city couldn't keep their pace of the previous season were these long term injuries to these key players. Regardless of how much money city have, they will not be able to find players just as good as those key players.

Its like asking Liverpool to play without vvd, salah and mane for large chunks of the season.

Do you expect that they'd win as many games with those three missing? Or are you going to sit here and tell me your subs would do the same job those 3 do?
So ... again ... you're claiming City were crippled last year because of 3 injuries. Is that right?

But, at the same time if a Liverpool fan were to say Liverpool have been crippled by injuries this year you say things like 'victims' or making excuses?

OK mate. OK. Time for you to go to bed me thinks ;) Nice talking to you though.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Moving on from the United troll(s) ...

How would you guys line up against Aston Villa? Gotta put a strong team out there now, though think we always would've. Have calmed down since yesterday ... and still think we can easily turn this recent blip around but need to start getting a lot right.

I'd expect he'll go with the same starting front 3 but the rest? The midfield didn't work whatsoever. I hope Taki gets a run and absolutely sets the world on fire. I'd expect Trent will get a rest ... or maybe he plays him to get him into form?

Gotta shake this team up though as we just seemed to lack a lot of urgency in that 2nd half, apart from maybe Robbo & Mane. Thought Hendo was pretty good also actually, along with Fab.

Allison
Robbo
Fab
Phillips
Trent
Thiago
Hendo
Gini
Salah
Taki
Mane

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The next 6:
: United [H), Burnley [H], Spurs [A], West Ham [A], Brighton [H], City [H].

: Burnley [A], LFC [A], Fulham [A], Sheff United [H], Arsenal [A], Southampton [H].

: Brighton [H], Palace [H], Villa [H], Sheff United [A], WBA [H], Burnley [A].

City will go on a big run here. We just need to stay up there. We can win all of these games. On current form now, but we can. Starts with Villa

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why are you questioning the Thiago signing? Lol he was an obvious signing for our evolution and was off to a great start until Richarlison murdered him. We hardly create with our press these days as teams sit back and we're left with a fuck load of possession, his passing and dribbling would've been a major POD for us. He also brings a different kind of experience to our squad for guys like Keita and Jones to learn from.

We've already started the rebuild.. Jota looks like a good replacement for Mane/Salah moving forward, Elliott looks freakishly good. Clarkson another potential midfield option. Gomez/Keita are both good enough but unfortunately can't stay on the park so their long-term future should be questioned. Taki an okay option and could potentially take a similar path as Gini..we also have the funds coming from whatever academy kid we sell for massive overs that can be reinvested into the squad.
Thiago has always been injury prone, back to his Barca days. He literally doesn’t fit your system, he might help a bit in attack but you’ll see his limitations when you start to leak more goals, he is a cracking player but not one that fits your team. Klopps system relies on his defensive players being able to cover the channels once the fullbacks bomb forward. Thiago is a luxury player, similar to Pogba, if the team isn’t set up to suit him then it’ll cost you more points long term even though there will be flashes of brilliance.

Jota is never going to replace Salah or Mane’s output, sure he had a good start with you guys but he was always going to slow down if it wasn’t for injury, he is a good player, but not a 20 goal a season player.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thiago is exactly the type of signing that we needed to make. He breaks up teams that sit back, the issue is that's he's been injured for so long. It's wrong to expect too much of him too early.

Jota clearly was or is a class signing. Was the form striker by a long way for us, but got injured. Had he been playing we would've picked up a lot more points.

Comparing us to Mourinho days is just lazy and looks like trolling to me. Just crazy to try and compare the two.

The issue atm is that liverpool as a club has set such high expectations that we all expect them to be playing at the highest possible level.

We're not and we're not used to being in this position. We'll come back tho. Feel a massive performance against United coming up
Klopps Dortmund slowed down after his 3rd season with them, his players just couldn’t maintain the intensity he demanded of them. Salah, Firmino, Henderson and VVD will all be 30+ next season, you surely don’t expect them to sustain this level for much longer ?

That’s not even a dig at Liverpool but if you want to stay at the top you need to be able to rebuild on the fly. I’m saying that as a Man Utd who after winning the league in 2013, we had an aging squad who just dropped off rapidly, you guys need to be ruthless if you don’t want to end up in the same position.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Klopps Dortmund slowed down after his 3rd season with them, his players just couldn’t maintain the intensity he demanded of them. Salah, Firmino, Henderson and VVD will all be 30+ next season, you surely don’t expect them to sustain this level for much longer ?

That’s not even a dig at Liverpool but if you want to stay at the top you need to be able to rebuild on the fly. I’m saying that as a Man Utd who after winning the league in 2013, we had an aging squad who just dropped off rapidly, you guys need to be ruthless if you don’t want to end up in the same position.
You make some very good points mate.

Thiago. Yes. Understand what you're saying about injuries but to me this signing demonstrates that Klopp is evolving which is exactly what you want. Teams have figured us out, so his signing adds a distinct element of mystique to the team. When he's fit that is. We desperately need more creativity from the midfield as we've been over reliant on our wide backs.

People constantly point back as dortmund as a tool to beat Klopp with, not saying you. But signings like Thiago surely demonstrate that he's learning and changing things.

Do agree with you on needing to be ruthless which is why we'll most likely see Salah leave for a younger player for example. And a CB come in too plus better midfielders. .

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Moving on from the United troll(s) ...

How would you guys line up against Aston Villa? Gotta put a strong team out there now, though think we always would've. Have calmed down since yesterday ... and still think we can easily turn this recent blip around but need to start getting a lot right.

I'd expect he'll go with the same starting front 3 but the rest? The midfield didn't work whatsoever. I hope Taki gets a run and absolutely sets the world on fire. I'd expect Trent will get a rest ... or maybe he plays him to get him into form?

Gotta shake this team up though as we just seemed to lack a lot of urgency in that 2nd half, apart from maybe Robbo & Mane. Thought Hendo was pretty good also actually, along with Fab.

Allison
Robbo
Fab
Phillips
Trent
Thiago
Hendo
Gini
Salah
Taki
Mane
I’d prolly go a 2-7 formation [emoji57]

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its quite relevant actually because of klopps meltdown at Dortmund. Given that the Dortmund position was the one long term position as a reference point (for klopp) and it ended in a meltdown because klopp couldn't get anymore out of his players, it IS a similar situation to mourinhos history/predicament, ie 3 seasons tops before the meltdown.

Puhleasssssseeee.

Everyone, except Liverpool fans, knew that run rate was not sustainable. You had a dream run with injuries those 2 seasons too. Everyone knew eventually you guys and city would come crashing down to join the rest of the pack. City had problems with injuries last year and last year was probably the last time they could of kept that run rate (if injury free) but now they're in need of a rebuild too (or already in the process of it).

Then given the fact, those "lucky" 1-0 wins are evading you (as an example united drew with Leicester 2-2 because vardeys shot was deflected in vs rashfords deflection to beat wolves 1-0). Those small, unexpected margins make a difference. Those bottom teams had you guys figured out last season, it was those small margins that got you over the line.

As an outsider, looking at your team and the 2 seasons of high run rate, frankly with your midfield, it shouldn't have been possible.

Your forwards are reaching the last 2 seasons of world class productivity, they rely heavily on pace, thats the first thing that goes for older players. And after 2 seasons of high output they're showing a drop of form.

But as far as setting "high expectations" year in year out? That doesn't exist in the EPL. That only happens in the Scottish league or the sunny Scottish league (La Liga).

The mark of a great manager and a great club is Sir Alex, he built 3 title winning squads through his 26 years (all up there were 4 to 5 squads throughout his United career). Its being ready to transition when some of your players are done, and that's the mark you guys are at. Klopp can try and squeeze out every last bit this season but he needs new players next season.
All this helpful analysis provided on poor old LFC. One key thing you’ve missed is that as bad a form and as decimated with injuries we’ve been this season, we are still on top of the EPL AND we qualified top of our CL group. Now, this is as bad as we’ll get this season - we’ve effectively hit rock bottom (I mean what’s left, starting Mane as keeper?). This time last year City, who were hampered with injuries, was daylight behind us. This season, there’s been no team to take charge, hence why we are still top. But this is the thing - I don’t see ManU getting any better, and I don’t see Spurs or Leicester challenging. So it will be a shootout between us and City. We’ve had our injuries. City are still healthy. Let’s see how busy their physics will be for the rest of the season

And don’t bother questioning our front 3. They are still world class. They’ll fire soon enough

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looks like we aren't signing a CB :upset: