Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Holy shit some of you need to chill and not panic.

Are we out of form ? Y
Do we have midfielders playing as Centre backs?Y
We’re we unlucky not to score ? Y
Did we deserve to lose ? N
Could a penalty have been awarded to us ? Y

We have an opportunity in a few days time to beat Utd at home and reset our season.
With everything that has gone against us so far wears still in the title race, and one of the favourites.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol just looked over some clips online...Mane fouled in the box? Nothing. 2 footed tackle on Milner nothing? Handball? What? Huh.

Sounds like we were awful so I'm not watching the game later :tearsofjoy:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Holy shit some of you need to chill and not panic.

Are we out of form ? Y
Do we have midfielders playing as Centre backs?Y
We’re we unlucky not to score ? Y
Did we deserve to lose ? N
Could a penalty have been awarded to us ? Y

We have an opportunity in a few days time to beat Utd at home and reset our season.
With everything that has gone against us so far wears still in the title race, and one of the favourites.
Had a sleep on it, woken up and ...

Still fuming. I'm not panicing, but I'm terribly disappointed in the team. We can talk as much as we like about penalties etc but our form is very worrying.

That being said. We're going to give UNited a touch up.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are in a form slump. Man City went through one, Chelsea are currently in one also, and so are we.
Weve had to reshuffle our defence so many times it’s not funny.
only a fool would write this team off because once they find some form again they can blow an6 team off the park.
I’m hoping we find some form in our next game against Utd.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck it. I'll stick my neck on the line on this one.

We're going to beat United. And beat them easily. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Bring it you United toss pots.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck it. I'll stick my neck on the line on this one.

We're going to beat United. And beat them easily. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Bring it you United toss pots.
I think you will win too
Home game At Anfield
You guys get a lot of rest before that game
We have 3 in that time
We will be very tired by then
Everything is in your favour

I think it will be extremely hard for us to win

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think you will win too
Home game At Anfield
We have 3 in that time

Stop sitting on the fence you soft ****. Back your team. You're fucking on fire atm.

We've got no CBs. Got 2 points from the last 9. Getting beaten by dross. Can't score a fucking goal.

This is United's chance to take that crown you supposedly already own according to your delusional supporters. Back your team you soft cock. Anything but a win for you is a MASSIVE loss and shows you're not as good as you're trying to make out.

We're absolutely on the ropes. In the past however many years, you're never going to come across a better chance to bury our chances of anything. You lose this one and it shows your lot up as pretenders.

I personally think Liverpool will give it to you. I really do. Ole will go for a back 5 and try to win it on the break but it'll be your undoing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think you will win too
Home game At Anfield
We have 3 in that time

I think we're better without rest lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I rkn your boys need time away from the game
A day or 2 off training to do whatever
Do the world of good mentally
They just had that lol, days off training have been pretty regular this season based off social media accounts.

The last couple of seasons have been an anomaly and the staff, players and fans need some time to adjust and I think that's something we are struggling with. Injuries to key players and key recruits (Jota, Thiago, lesser extent Kostas) have also not helped as they were brought in to freshen up the squad and push for starting 11 spots. Lack of crowds and other Covid related issues to deal with, etc...

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Klopp is similar to Mourinho in the way that after 3 years under him players start to struggle to sustain the levels of intensity required to play the way they want to play.

You guys signed Thiago when your team is set up to press? Makes no sense, he is a ball retainer who likes to create from deep, he isn’t going to run around like Henderson/Wini have been doing.

Your team needs a minor rebuild if you’s want sustained success, one of Mane or Salah should be sold and replaced with a younger player who is hungry for success. You guys haven’t settled on a partner for VVD since you signed him. You guys should be signing someone who will replace Henderson in the next 12-16 months.

At the moment Liverpool is probably the most attractive football club in Europe, you guys need to capitalize now and bring in high quality players.

Bring on the 18th when my lot slap your declining team 3-1 at Anfield.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Klopp is similar to Mourinho in the way that after 3 years under him players start to struggle to sustain the levels of intensity required to play the way they want to play.

You guys signed Thiago when your team is set up to press? Makes no sense, he is a ball retainer who likes to create from deep, he isn’t going to run around like Henderson/Wini have been doing.

Your team needs a minor rebuild if you’s want sustained success, one of Mane or Salah should be sold and replaced with a younger player who is hungry for success. You guys haven’t settled on a partner for VVD since you signed him. You guys should be signing someone who will replace Henderson in the next 12-16 months.

At the moment Liverpool is probably the most attractive football club in Europe, you guys need to capitalize now and bring in high quality players.

Bring on the 18th when my lot slap your declining team 3-1 at Anfield.
Why are you questioning the Thiago signing? Lol he was an obvious signing for our evolution and was off to a great start until Richarlison murdered him. We hardly create with our press these days as teams sit back and we're left with a fuck load of possession, his passing and dribbling would've been a major POD for us. He also brings a different kind of experience to our squad for guys like Keita and Jones to learn from.

We've already started the rebuild.. Jota looks like a good replacement for Mane/Salah moving forward, Elliott looks freakishly good. Clarkson another potential midfield option. Gomez/Keita are both good enough but unfortunately can't stay on the park so their long-term future should be questioned. Taki an okay option and could potentially take a similar path as Gini..we also have the funds coming from whatever academy kid we sell for massive overs that can be reinvested into the squad.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you will win too
Home game At Anfield
We have 3 in that time

Stop sitting on the fence you soft c***. Back your team. You're fucking on fire atm.

We've got no CBs. Got 2 points from the last 9. Getting beaten by dross. Can't score a fucking goal.

This is United's chance to take that crown you supposedly already own according to your delusional supporters. Back your team you soft cock. Anything but a win for you is a MASSIVE loss and shows you're not as good as you're trying to make out.

We're absolutely on the ropes. In the past however many years, you're never going to come across a better chance to bury our chances of anything. You lose this one and it shows your lot up as pretenders.

I personally think Liverpool will give it to you. I really do. Ole will go for a back 5 and try to win it on the break but it'll be your undoing.

Its ok i was just ina zoom meeting with Sir Alex Ferguson and the FA. We've agreed that Pogba is going to dive in the box at the 98th minute (Fergie time) and then liverpool are going to race down and then after brilliant passing play between firming, mane and salah, mane is going to smash it home from 30yards out. Then the ref will call full time.

But then VAR is going to step in, disallow pools goal and give a penalty for a trip on Pogba by Henderson in the box. Bruno will then step in and his penalty will be saved by Allison, but then VAR checks and finds the keeper moved off his line before the kick, so penalty re-taken and Bruno this time smashes it in for a 1-0 win to United. Then after objections from mane and salah, ref is going tobred card them both and the FA will give them 10 games each for bringing the game into disrepute.

We've agreed it with the FA and all the refs have been instructed

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Its ok i was just ina zoom meeting with Sir Alex Ferguson and the FA. We've agreed that Pogba is going to dive in the box at the 98th minute (Fergie time) and then liverpool are going to race down and then after brilliant passing play between firming, mane and salah, mane is going to smash it home from 30yards out. Then the ref will call full time.

But then VAR is going to step in, disallow pools goal and give a penalty for a trip on Pogba by Henderson in the box. Bruno will then step in and his penalty will be saved by Allison, but then VAR checks and finds the keeper moved off his line before the kick, so penalty re-taken and Bruno this time smashes it in for a 1-0 win to United. Then after objections from mane and salah, ref is going tobred card them both and the FA will give them 10 games each for bringing the game into disrepute.

We've agreed it with the FA and all the refs have been instructed
Perfect. Appreciate that

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why are you questioning the Thiago signing? Lol he was an obvious signing for our evolution and was off to a great start until Richarlison murdered him. We hardly create with our press these days as teams sit back and we're left with a fuck load of possession, his passing and dribbling would've been a major POD for us. He also brings a different kind of experience to our squad for guys like Keita and Jones to learn from.

We've already started the rebuild.. Jota looks like a good replacement for Mane/Salah moving forward, Elliott looks freakishly good. Clarkson another potential midfield option. Gomez/Keita are both good enough but unfortunately can't stay on the park so their long-term future should be questioned. Taki an okay option and could potentially take a similar path as Gini..we also have the funds coming from whatever academy kid we sell for massive overs that can be reinvested into the squad.
Thiago is exactly the type of signing that we needed to make. He breaks up teams that sit back, the issue is that's he's been injured for so long. It's wrong to expect too much of him too early.

Jota clearly was or is a class signing. Was the form striker by a long way for us, but got injured. Had he been playing we would've picked up a lot more points.

Comparing us to Mourinho days is just lazy and looks like trolling to me. Just crazy to try and compare the two.

The issue atm is that liverpool as a club has set such high expectations that we all expect them to be playing at the highest possible level.

We're not and we're not used to being in this position. We'll come back tho. Feel a massive performance against United coming up

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Comparing us to Mourinho days is just lazy and looks like trolling to me. Just crazy to try and compare the two.
Its quite relevant actually because of klopps meltdown at Dortmund. Given that the Dortmund position was the one long term position as a reference point (for klopp) and it ended in a meltdown because klopp couldn't get anymore out of his players, it IS a similar situation to mourinhos history/predicament, ie 3 seasons tops before the meltdown.

The issue atm is that liverpool as a club has set such high expectations that we all expect them to be playing at the highest possible level.
Puhleasssssseeee.

Everyone, except Liverpool fans, knew that run rate was not sustainable. You had a dream run with injuries those 2 seasons too. Everyone knew eventually you guys and city would come crashing down to join the rest of the pack. City had problems with injuries last year and last year was probably the last time they could of kept that run rate (if injury free) but now they're in need of a rebuild too (or already in the process of it).

Then given the fact, those "lucky" 1-0 wins are evading you (as an example united drew with Leicester 2-2 because vardeys shot was deflected in vs rashfords deflection to beat wolves 1-0). Those small, unexpected margins make a difference. Those bottom teams had you guys figured out last season, it was those small margins that got you over the line.

As an outsider, looking at your team and the 2 seasons of high run rate, frankly with your midfield, it shouldn't have been possible.

Your forwards are reaching the last 2 seasons of world class productivity, they rely heavily on pace, thats the first thing that goes for older players. And after 2 seasons of high output they're showing a drop of form.

But as far as setting "high expectations" year in year out? That doesn't exist in the EPL. That only happens in the Scottish league or the sunny Scottish league (La Liga).

The mark of a great manager and a great club is Sir Alex, he built 3 title winning squads through his 26 years (all up there were 4 to 5 squads throughout his United career). Its being ready to transition when some of your players are done, and that's the mark you guys are at. Klopp can try and squeeze out every last bit this season but he needs new players next season.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Its quite relevant actually because of klopps meltdown at Dortmund. Given that the Dortmund position was the one long term position as a reference point (for klopp) and it ended in a meltdown because klopp couldn't get anymore out of his players, it IS a similar situation to mourinhos history/predicament, ie 3 seasons tops before the meltdown.

Puhleasssssseeee.

Everyone, except Liverpool fans, knew that run rate was not sustainable. You had a dream run with injuries those 2 seasons too. Everyone knew eventually you guys and city would come crashing down to join the rest of the pack. City had problems with injuries last year and last year was probably the last time they could of kept that run rate (if injury free) but now they're in need of a rebuild too (or already in the process of it).

Then given the fact, those "lucky" 1-0 wins are evading you (as an example united drew with Leicester 2-2 because vardeys shot was deflected in vs rashfords deflection to beat wolves 1-0). Those small, unexpected margins make a difference. Those bottom teams had you guys figured out last season, it was those small margins that got you over the line.

As an outsider, looking at your team and the 2 seasons of high run rate, frankly with your midfield, it shouldn't have been possible.

Your forwards are reaching the last 2 seasons of world class productivity, they rely heavily on pace, thats the first thing that goes for older players. And after 2 seasons of high output they're showing a drop of form.

But as far as setting "high expectations" year in year out? That doesn't exist in the EPL. That only happens in the Scottish league or the sunny Scottish league (La Liga).

The mark of a great manager and a great club is Sir Alex, he built 3 title winning squads through his 26 years (all up there were 4 to 5 squads throughout his United career). Its being ready to transition when some of your players are done, and that's the mark you guys are at. Klopp can try and squeeze out every last bit this season but he needs new players next season.
You're stating all of these magnificent 'facts' halfway through the season. One that Liverpool has been completely fucked on injuries. Certainly are stretching mate, but appreciate you're trolling so good for you.

It's quite humorous seeing United fans getting louder once you've hit a run for the first time in how many years?

As I said. Let's have this discussion at the end of the year. By all means hold onto your Fergie years, as that's all you've got. No? ;)

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You're stating all of these magnificent 'facts' halfway through the season. One that Liverpool has been completely fucked on injuries. Certainly are stretching mate, but appreciate you're trolling so good for you.

It's quite humorous seeing United fans getting louder once you've hit a run for the first time in how many years?

As I said. Let's have this discussion at the end of the year. By all means hold onto your Fergie years, as that's all you've got. No? ;)
You may take it as trolling, its my frank take on your team.

City were crippled by injuries last season, this season you guys and I wouldn't necessarily say you're "crippled" it's only one player long term.

We started the season WITHOUT a rest for our players and WITHOUT a proper pre-season and our results (early on in the season) displayed as much (thats why we have a catch up game with Burnley). But once match fitness was achieved, our form has significantly improved.

No United fan expects to be competing this season but we had hopes to be competing next season.

The fact things out of our control hampered us for a good 5 or 6 games at the start of the season, and that we're on this pace in this position speaks volumes for the PE teacher and the job hes done.