Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1-1 dreadful so far. In saying that, West Ham aren't creating shit ... but neither are we!

Personally I think Firmino needs a spell. Has been well off. As has most of the team.

Would bring on Jota asap. Minamino also.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our attack is :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless:
Yes. Not good at all.

45 to go though, and I only care about the win. At this rate though it's not going to be in the slightest bit easy. Feels good having Jota on the bench though.

Minamino to get the winner ;)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Shaq and Jota to the rescue, not sure why Mo didn't pass back to Jota after his goal though...would've been an easy second and the game done then. Love how good our movement looks when we turn shit on and start utilising short passes around the outside of the box.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shaq and Jota to the rescue, not sure why Mo didn't pass back to Jota after his goal though...would've been an easy second and the game done then. Love how good our movement looks when we turn shit on and start utilising short passes around the outside of the box.
Fuckign lovely from the boys.

Agree about Mo though. And Jota should've passed to Hendo at one point.

Win is a win. Very happy with that. Very happy indeed.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jones was extremely disappointing. Can see shaq starting ahead of him from now on when the chances arise.

Gotta think that Jota will be replacing Firmino soon also. Just lost his mojo the Brazilian.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuckign lovely from the boys.

Agree about Mo though. And Jota should've passed to Hendo at one point.

Win is a win. Very happy with that. Very happy indeed.
Phillips was also impressive, just a tank at the back and bullied Haller all game lol.

Yes Bobby is surely in for reduced minutes, he just isn't performing anywhere near well enough and there's been a massive drop off in quality with his linkup play and final balls. Would prefer Mane through the middle, not a fan of Salah there at all.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Phillips was also impressive, just a tank at the back and bullied Haller all game lol.

Yes Bobby is surely in for reduced minutes, he just isn't performing anywhere near well enough and there's been a massive drop off in quality with his linkup play and final balls. Would prefer Mane through the middle, not a fan of Salah there at all.
Was very surprised by Phillips. Guess he suited the West Ham style perfectly, but did really well.

I'd suspect Firmino will start in the CL As they're not known for their defence. Yeah, not sure about Salah in the middle. We'll see. Anyone but Firmino at this stage though.

Hopefully Keita & Thiago can play some mins on Tuesday. More important is the City game tho!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Souness not impressed by salah and all his diving

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
When Salah and Mane are firing Firmino is useful. When they are not Firmino is useless.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When Salah and Mane are firing Firmino is useful. When they are not Firmino is useless.
He's just looked so off the pace firmino, it's sad. He needs a rest to rediscover his mojo. Surely jota will be in front of him on the scoresheet soon?

Huge game against City coming up. With all the players we've got out it'd be absolutely massive to win. Absolutely massive.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is that your great man souness crying?
Or after United put the sword through him in Paris lol

Serious note, I didn’t watch the game
Just watched souness blowing up about salah diving all the time, he said he would of broke his legs back in the day sooking like that in a Liverpool jersey....

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Just watched souness blowing up about salah diving all the time, he said he would of broke his legs back in the day sooking like that in a Liverpool jersey....
Souness is trying to deflect some heat away from Pogba before he launches another full scale rant on him

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Upamecano, he has something like a €43m release clause next summer. Pearce linked us to Ben White this January.

Fabinho does look absolutely fine at CB and potentially is a better CB than midfielder lol.
What rashford done to him the other night you should be able to pick him up for 2 bux ......

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Salah dived but Masuaku blatantly and stupidly kicked him lol.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Doubt it, pretty sure he wants a massive pay day.
Apparently it's legit, but whether it happens is another thing. Never would've thought we get Thiago personally, so I defo wouldn't rule this out.

Considering he'll only have 6 months left on his contract, the initial transfer fee shouldn't be massive which would be the attraction from our side. Would allow us to pay more in wages I guess?

What's he like as a player? Defo has the experience and talent on paper, but I've never paid much attention to him if I'm honest.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Apparently it's legit, but whether it happens is another thing. Never would've thought we get Thiago personally, so I defo wouldn't rule this out.

Considering he'll only have 6 months left on his contract, the initial transfer fee shouldn't be massive which would be the attraction from our side. Would allow us to pay more in wages I guess?

What's he like as a player? Defo has the experience and talent on paper, but I've never paid much attention to him if I'm honest.
Thiago wanted to play in England and more specifically for us and in the end came for less money, think his wage was reported as £210k per week? Alaba wants over £350k and we're sure as shit not paying that.

Alaba is pretty versatile, can play LB and CB extremely well and if required can play in midfield. Right now he's playing as a ball playing centreback...very good positionally in both attack and defence and isn't afraid of carrying the ball forward and kickstarting attacks. He would slot in well, but it won't happen lol