Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Klopp is the master of developing youth players. Look at what he did at Dortmund and look at the players coming through at Liverpool.
So glad to have him.
Some seem very salty that he's had more impact and success than Ferguson had at Man utd in those first years, its not even close actually.
Imagine how much saltier they would get if they were informed even Bob Paisley won 20 titles in his 9 years in charge at Liverpool including 3 European trophies :fearscream:
Perhaps if he too stayed 30 years in chare they would have knighted him :smirk:
"But but but but ..... "
I dont know about you guys but Im sensing that Ferguson would not have been as successful coaching right now .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Klopp is the master of developing youth players. Look at what he did at Dortmund and look at the players coming through at Liverpool.
So glad to have him.
Some seem very salty that he's had more impact and success than Ferguson had at Man utd in those first years, its not even close actually.
Imagine how much saltier they would get if they were informed even Bob Paisley won 20 titles in his 9 years in charge at Liverpool including 3 European trophies :fearscream:
"But but but but ..... "
I dont know about you guys but Im sensing that Ferguson would not have been as successful coaching right now .
Completely agree. Disappointed if I'm honest that Fergie got knighted before Dalglish considering what Dalglish did for so many families after Hillsborough. That's not Fergie's fault though.

To be clear though. Fergie was pretty amazing himself in bringing youth through, and it was central to his successful model. the Nevilles, Giggs, Beckham, Scholes etc. all game through the youth so you really can't knock Fergie in that sense. If anything, Klopp still has some way to go to be able to say he has brought through youth in the same way as him.

Currently at Liverpool you can say Trent, Gomez but that's about it. Still needs another 4-5 who go onto be big stars.

It's impossible to compare though between periods of managing as in Fergie's time there was a lot less competition. Liverpool had a stella year last year, and you see for this season all are splashing the cash. Even teams like Newcastle, Leeds, ASton Villa are all spending a lot. That wouldn't have happened in the past.

But, that shouldn't take away from Fergie's success though.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck you muppets talk so much shit....
1 title and klopp this and klopp that
1 title

Hahhahahahha brilliant

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck you muppets talk so much shit....
1 title and klopp this and klopp that
1 title

Hahhahahahha brilliant
What are you doing on this page? Stop living in the past and embrace the future my friend. The future is Liverpool

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So glad to have him.
"But but but but ..... "
Won 20 titles in 9years.....
Your a mathematical genius

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looks like we selling Brewster

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looks like we selling Brewster
Hmm a lot of people upset about this but idk?

Honestly, last year when with us he was really disappointing. Know that he was awesome on loan, and in preseason he lit it up but ...

I'd prefer that we keep him and sell off other players like Wilson, Origi, Grujic etc. before him. But, if he's not in our plans in the future ...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hmm a lot of people upset about this but idk?

Honestly, last year when with us he was really disappointing. Know that he was awesome on loan, and in preseason he lit it up but ...

I'd prefer that we keep him and sell off other players like Wilson, Origi, Grujic etc. before him. But, if he's not in our plans in the future ...
As much as Klopp likes him I don't think he rates his general play high enough and that prevents him from getting the minutes he needs to develop. Probs sell him with a buy back clause, lets us generate some more funds and if he kicks on then we can look at bringing him back..

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Won 20 titles in 9years.....
Your a mathematical genius
If only my mathematic prowess was as good as you’re grammar hey:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I know it’s hard for you to stomach it but it’s true. Paisley was a trophy winning coach. I believe his record was superior than Ferguson’s .
Let’s do some maths together .
6 league titles + 3 league cups + 6 charity shield + 3 European titles + 1 uefa cup + 1 uefa super cup = 20
He coached Liverpool from 1974 to 1983. 9 years
Now that’s an average of 2.2 trophies per season. Only Guardiola has a better strike rate.

Are “your” convinced? Lol

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As much as Klopp likes him I don't think he rates his general play high enough and that prevents him from getting the minutes he needs to develop. Probs sell him with a buy back clause, lets us generate some more funds and if he kicks on then we can look at bringing him back..
Spot on this. But, I'd still much prefer to lose origi

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hmmm sounds like Gini is staying AND we're getting Thiago? Fabinho to be 4th choice centre back until the next window. Plus Sarr?

Would you lot be happy with that?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If only my mathematic prowess was as good as you’re grammar hey:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I know it’s hard for you to stomach it but it’s true. Paisley was a trophy winning coach. I believe his record was superior than Ferguson’s .
Let’s do some maths together .
6 league titles + 3 league cups + 6 charity shield + 3 European titles + 1 uefa cup + 1 uefa super cup = 20
He coached Liverpool from 1974 to 1983. 9 years
Now that’s an average of 2.2 trophies per season. Only Guardiola has a better strike rate.

Are “your” convinced? Lol
Titles and trophy’s arnt the same muppet

If you win the charity shield you don’t win the title which is the Epl for English teams

And you do know averages are harder and harder to keep the longer or more times you do something
You do know that don’t you?
If I scored 100 runs for Australia in my debut game and never get picked again does that mean Im A better bat than don bradman ?
But to consistently score that over time is incredibley hard

You do understand averages are so hard to keep up the longer u go?

Or are you a little bit special?

But I’m guessing you never played any form of sport
Or any sport where averages are used like cricket , baseball etc

So for fergie to average 1.5 trophy’s per season the whole time he was the was genius

Use Your[emoji57] mathematic “prowess” to figure out how hard averages are to keep up in the long term

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm keen as for Taki to start against Leeds, hopefully we don't play it safe with a midfield of Gini, Fab and Hendo lol.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm keen as for Taki to start against Leeds, hopefully we don't play it safe with a midfield of Gini, Fab and Hendo lol.
We need to play 4-2-3-1.

Fabinho-Hendo

Salah-Minamino-Mane

Firmino

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We need to play 4-2-3-1.

Fabinho-Hendo

Salah-Minamino-Mane

Firmino
I'd start Keita next to one of Fab/Hendo, would prefer Keita to start while he's actually fit and see if he can get a solid run of games in.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd start Keita next to one of Fab/Hendo, would prefer Keita to start while he's actually fit and see if he can get a solid run of games in.
I highly doubt Klopp would sit 2 of Hendo, Fabinho and Wijnaldum if all 3 are healthy.