Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
tevez will be if he plays the whole season at man utd.

if he somehow stays at west ham he might be in the top 10

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
tevez will be if he plays the whole season at man utd.

if he somehow stays at west ham he might be in the top 10
Vietorious stop trying to Turn this into another Thread of the Year" About West Ham United. Anyways, I still think that Torres will top the Scorers List in the English Premier League.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
hes got heaps of pace on him... and with the central midfield that liverpool have consisting of gerrard, alonso and masch and the wide players like babel, yossi and kewell... i would think you will see alot of goals at the back of the net from torres...

im not expecting any powerhouse miracles from him... he needs at least 2-3months to settle in

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
More like 2-3 Weeks. He was a Gun in the Liverpool Freindlies & he's not hold back on his Shhoting Ability. This wil definately rank in as Liverpool's best Signing in almost 2 Decades. 20 Million on Torres doesn't seem too much anymore.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
20million is still a lot of money but to get quality players you have to at least sped that much

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
20million is still a lot of money but to get quality players you have to at least sped that much
I think Owen to Newcastle was an Exception but we aint Talking about Toonside until they do something in the Premie League... As for Liverpool, I'm suspecting that the Team wil eventually perform at it's peak in the Mid-Season.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Steven Gerrard claims he and his teammates will go into next weekend's match against rivals Chelsea brimming with confidence following the opening day victory over Aston Villa.
Liverpool got off to a winning start for the first time since 2002 thanks to the skipper's stunning 87th minute free-kick.

"It was a great win and it's nice to go into the Chelsea game with three points on the board," said Gerrard.

"Over the last few seasons we have been frustrated with the start we've made, we've lost silly points and have been playing catch-up. The idea this time is to come out of the blocks quickly and stay in the title race.

"We were pleased with the first 60 minutes, I thought we controlled the game. Villa came back into the game but we managed to pull it out of the bag late doors."

The Liverpool skipper also joked that he's now taking over free-kick duty at Anfield.

"It's about time the lads let me take one," he said. "I've been in the first team eight years now and they've never let me take them because they always go over.

"I managed to catch one right today, but the most important thing was three points."

On whether the free-kick should have been awarded in the first place, the 27-year-old added: "These things happen and some decisions you get, some you don't. I'm sure over the season decisions will even themselves out."

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Gerrards goal was awesome!! What a free kick... BRILLIANT!!!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
it was a good strike even though he dived for the free kick hehe :D

D

D0ggyStylz

I've always said that Lampard is a poor man's Gerrard. I really rate Gerrard Highly. Too bad he is scum.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
ill say the samething about paul scholes and he is tipped to be the next oldham atheltic coach

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
i'd love to see michael mifsud from coventry city get picked up by the reds ( or atleast some PL side),if you haven't seen him play ill tell ya's this he is a absolute gun player

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always said that Lampard is a poor man's Gerrard. I really rate Gerrard Highly. Too bad he is scum.
You got one part right with regards to Lampard. Lampard is a good player don't get me wrong but he is very over rated!

You have put the bait out with the Gerrard comment & I'll take the hook & run with it. SCUM Them there are fighting words!

D

D0ggyStylz

Three men, a Scouser, a Manc and a Rasta all in the maternity ward waiting for their partners to give birth. The midwife comes out and tells them congratulations, they're all fathers of beautiful healthy boys, however unfortunately they've run out of the name tags, and the babies have been mixed up, so if they could each go in and identify their sons from any family resemblance etc. The Manc wants to go first, so in he goes and comes out with a black baby The Rasta looks a bit confused, "excuse me", he said, "but don't you think he's likely to be mine ?" "Probably", said the Manc, "but one of them in there's a scouser, and I'm takin' no chances !!!!!"

D

D0ggyStylz

Q. Why do pigeons fly upside down over Liverpool?
A. Because there's nothing worth ****ting on.

Q. Why wasn't Jesus born in Merseyside?
A. Because God couldn't find three wise men and a virgin.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
from a chelsea fan on Koptalk...

Q: What do you call a dead Liverpool supporter?
A: One less problem

Q: What do you call all dead Liverpool supporters?
A: Problem solved

Q: What do you call the Hillsborough disaster?
A: Disaster? its not a disaster, it was fantastic