Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently we were. Thankfully we didn't get him aswell. We could get Mata for a 2-3mil more tbh.

grk_adonis

THIS IS ANFIELD!
Reaction score
Not too fussed about the transfer fee...its probably not even 20m, the papers always add on a few million to our transfer fees, just like they did with Henderson...

Cant wait for the season too start....

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Roma goalkeeper Alexander Doni's transfer to Liverpool will be completed on Friday, according to the player's agent.

The two clubs reached an agreement last month for Doni to join the Reds on a free transfer, with the 31-year-old expected to sign a two-year contract.

"Everything is okay with Liverpool," Doni's agent Ovidio Colucci told asromanews.it. "We are returning to Rome to sign the final documents.

"The deal will be finally completed tomorrow and Doni will be back at Liverpool on Sunday to be available for [Liverpool manager Kenny] Dalglish."

Doni moved to Roma in 2005 from Juventude and is under contract at the Serie A outfit until 2013.

He has been understudy to Julio Sergio in recent seasons, but made 16 league appearances for Roma last term.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aquilani is a classy player... much better then Adam but he is not British and if he was British he would have stayed at the club
Agreed but Adam has proven himself in the Premier League where aquilani looked out of his depth and our centre midfields stocks are already overflowing

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Damien Comolli has hinted that Stewart Downing might be Liverpool's final signing of the summer.

The Anfield director of football was speaking after Downing finally sealed his move, thought to be worth around £20million, on Friday night.

Downing follows Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam and Brazilian keeper Alex Doni, who also completed his move to Liverpool on Friday.

Other business had been expected, in particular the recruitment of a new left-back, but Comolli says the next business Liverpool are likely to be involved in is player sales, rather than purchases.

He told the club's official website: "It's difficult to say. I'm sure there will be players going out because some players would like to play more and have more minutes. We will probably have a few loans as well, players who we would like them to develop, into the Championship or the leagues abroad.

"In terms of players coming in, it's difficult to say. I think we are going to sit down, look at the situation, see where we are, see who might leave and then we will reassess later. But we have done most of what we wanted to do."

He continued: "What we are very pleased about is that we are still early in July. We've played only one game pre-season, and we've got a lot of players in. That will allow Steve (Clarke), Kevin (Keen) and Kenny to work well with the players straight away and not have to wait until the end of August, like sometimes you have to do.

"It's good for team building and it's good for the tactical work they have to do. Also, the players are from the Premier League, so we know they will settle in quickly at the club. Jordan is coming back on Monday and he can't wait."

Comolli went on to welcome the arrival of Downing, who he hopes will provide the ammunition for Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez next season.

"When we have Andy up front, he can put those balls in, but also he's got more than that. He is more than a winger, he can do a lot of things. He can link up with Luis Suarez by coming in, he can play on the right and on the left.

"We look thoroughly into data and statistics before signing players and we really think we are bringing a big, big asset into our team. Maybe his talent is a little bit undervalued in English football, but we know what we are getting - and we are getting a very, very good, efficient footballer."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think thats because there are no other British players available on the market that we could sign

shockradium

Waterboy
Reaction score
hey at least chelsea strives to create history rather than live off it. and also are you taking refunds? because we might have a problem with this thing you sold us.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
hey at least chelsea strives to create history rather than live off it. and also are you taking refunds? because we might have a problem with this thing you sold us.
:lol: without romans money where would chelsea be today? you guys can win trophies and that but that does not put you on the same level of what Liverpool, Man UTd and Arsenal have historically achieved.

We may live off our history but we are proud of what we have achieved and that has what made us one of the best clubs not only in the UK but in Europe as well.

btw hes your problem now :roflol:

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm honestly more than anxious to see Aquilani finally try and prove his worth this season. Unless he gets shipped off to another team in the Serie A of course.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
apparently he is staying... raul will be the one who is off

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Really... Surprising considering he, Kuyt and Maxi were pivitol in resqueing the team last season. Is it confirmed, Ozman???
He has been playing in the Steven Gerrard role during the Asian tour and he has been killing it... he setup 7 goals during the tour and scored one himself.

grk_adonis

THIS IS ANFIELD!
Reaction score
He has been playing in the Steven Gerrard role during the Asian tour and he has been killing it... he setup 7 goals during the tour and scored one himself.
Who are you talking about? Neither Raul or Aqua have scored a goal in the tour and none of them have set up 7 goals...raul has only played 45 mins. Aqua has played two halves in which 6 goals were scored in his time on the pitch, he didnt set up 7...

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Who are you talking about? Neither Raul or Aqua have scored a goal in the tour and none of them have set up 7 goals...raul has only played 45 mins. Aqua has played two halves in which 6 goals were scored in his time on the pitch, he didnt set up 7...
I didnt watch the game but im only going off on what i have read on the forms

grk_adonis

THIS IS ANFIELD!
Reaction score
Well i advise you to stop visiting whatever forum you go on to get ur info...i managed to watch the first game and aqua did well without doing anything special...i only got to see extended highlights of the second game and he was mutch more involved, and looked good. He got 1 assist, but was heavily involved in a couple more...

As for getting rid of aqua or meireles, id say we should keep them both for at least this season...see how it all turns out. Who cares if we are a little over stocked in midfield, its a nice problem to have...

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well i advise you to stop visiting whatever forum you go on to get ur info...i managed to watch the first game and aqua did well without doing anything special...i only got to see extended highlights of the second game and he was mutch more involved, and looked good. He got 1 assist, but was heavily involved in a couple more...

As for getting rid of aqua or meireles, id say we should keep them both for at least this season...see how it all turns out. Who cares if we are a little over stocked in midfield, its a nice problem to have...
Regardless of the fact the tour mean little other than a well-needed fitness boost before the season proper, its looking good for Liverpool.