Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I have no problem with that... as long as we get 3-4 good years out of him and we win things, I dont mind him going to Barcelona.

at least he didnt say chavs or manutd

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
He will leave at the end of the season if not sooner if Liverpool are going rubbish

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Oh dear

IT WAS never going to be plain sailing when boozy bad boy England star Andy Carroll took his family on a luxury yachting holiday.

And sure enough, the voyage on the French Riviera turned into a drunken mutiny as the Geordie striker gave his half brother one in the eye-aye.

In the ensuing punch-up, £35 million Liverpool ace Carroll decked Mark Simmonds then sank his teeth into his THUMB as other family members joined in the rum do aboard the chartered £20,000-a- week Indulgence of Poole.

It ended with furious Carroll, 22, ordering battered Mark and his wife Irene, 31, off the boat in the middle of the night. Then he flew everyone else home by private jet next day leaving the couple stranded in the South of France.

They only got back to Newcastle after borrowing money from the yacht's first mate who handed over some of the £450 tip Carroll had given him.

"I'm still in shock," Mark, 33, told our source. "Andy just turned on me. I could feel his thumb at the back of my eye and it felt like it was going to pop out.

"He turned on my wife too. Just days earlier we had all enjoyed a lovely meal on board."

Carroll arranged the family holiday at the end of the season to celebrate becoming Britain's most expensive footballer after his move from Newcastle to Merseyside.

He took Mark and his other half brother Stephen along, together with Irene and Stephen's fiancée Leah. Carroll's girlfriend Stacey Miller, his dad Thomas and mum Susan, mother to his half-brothers, were also on the private jet to Nice in May. Then they all boarded the 85-foot yacht - complete with four staff - for a seven-day Riviera cruise.

Our source says: "They were all happy. Andy had never treated his family to a holiday together before."

But, after visiting the Monaco Grand Prix, Cannes and St Tropez, motorway workman Mark suggested everyone should give Carroll and Stacey, 23, time alone together. Our source says: "The rest of the family thought it would seem ungrateful if they just wandered off without Andy.

"On their final day, there was a frosty atmosphere. The silent treatment was so bad Mark and Irene stayed on board while the rest went out in Nice for their last night."

When they returned at 2.30am, it all kicked off. "Mark asked Leah why nobody was speaking to them," says our source. "Andy told Mark to leave her alone.

"Before long Andy was punching Mark and Mark was grabbing Andy's hair. Then Andy pinned Mark to the side of the boat and stuck his thumb in his eye.

"Mark tried to fend him off and bit his thumb. Then Andy's dad pinned Mark down while Stephen started punching his brother.

"Andy bit Mark's thumb in revenge. Their mum Susan had to prise Andy off." Carroll then ordered Mark and Irene off the boat. Our source says: "He was yelling, 'F*** off back to your scumbag friends, your scumbag house and your scumbag lives. Where are you going to go? You've got no money - you'll soon come crawling back with your tail between your legs.'"

Mark hadn't enough money for flights home - so he rang the yacht's first mate who later gave him some of Carroll's tip. Our source says: "He had seen the fight and said he wanted to help 'good people'. When Mark got home he tried to play it all down - but he was covered in cuts and bruises and had a septic thumb." A concerned friend gave the News of the World pictures of his wounds.

Carroll has a history of violence. He had to pay £11,000 to a girl he attacked outside a club in 2008 and was fined £1,000 for gashing another clubber's face in 2009. In 2010, a training ground incident at Newcastle left team-mate Steven Taylor with a broken jaw. Signing for Liverpool, Carroll said: "I have made mistakes but they are behind me."

A source close to the player said: "The brothers did have a disagreement and Mark was asked to leave the yacht.

"Perhaps it wasn't settled in the most friendly of ways, but there are two sides to every story. Andy doesn't feel he's the one in the wrong."

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
we are linked with suarez and bojan at ridiculous prices

not sure how both would able to improve us

grk_adonis

THIS IS ANFIELD!
Reaction score
Just signed Charlie Adam from Blackpool...Having a medical today. Official transfer fee hasnt been released yet, but rumoured to be 7m plus konchesky and shelvey (on loan)....

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how many midfielders do you want? should really be looking at your **** back 4 lol.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Our central mid

Gerrard
Raul
Henderson
Lucas
Adams
Alberto
Spearing

Unfortunately 3 of them have to leave as we have enough cover in the cm

grk_adonis

THIS IS ANFIELD!
Reaction score
how many midfielders do you want? should really be looking at your **** back 4 lol.
As many as King Kenny wants mate...its called squad depth. The back four only needs 1 or 2 additions notably at LB and then possibly CB. We will get round to it...

grk_adonis

THIS IS ANFIELD!
Reaction score
Our central mid

Gerrard
Raul
Henderson
Lucas
Adams
Alberto
Spearing

Unfortunately 3 of them have to leave as we have enough cover in the cm
First of all you can add poulsen to that list....then reduce it from getting rid of 3 down to maximum 2...

The only players that could possibly leave from your list are two of either Meireles, Aquilani or (poulsen)...

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As many as King Kenny wants mate...its called squad depth. The back four only needs 1 or 2 additions notably at LB and then possibly CB. We will get round to it...
8 midfielders is over compensating lol, you need all that squad depth for the league, fa cup and league cup? lol.

grk_adonis

THIS IS ANFIELD!
Reaction score
like i said 1 or 2 of them will be sold

Gerrard - Can play anywhere on the pitch, has had injury problems
Raul - (CM) One of our best last season, rumoured to be sold (unlikely)
Henderson - Will probably play more out wide than centrally
Lucas - (DM) Our best player last season
Adams - (DM)
Alberto - (CM) Dont know what the sitch is with him, may or may not leave
Spearing - (DM)
Poulsen - **** **** and will be sold

Manchester Utd BTW:

Fletcher
Carrick
Anderson
Giggs - winger as well
Scholes - replaced by young (not like for like)
Gibson
Park - winger as well
Hargreaves - looking to replace him with a sneijder or nasri are you not?

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
like i said 1 or 2 of them will be sold

Gerrard - Can play anywhere on the pitch, has had injury problems
Raul - (CM) One of our best last season, rumoured to be sold (unlikely)
Henderson - Will probably play more out wide than centrally
Lucas - (DM) Our best player last season
Adams - (DM)
Alberto - (CM) Dont know what the sitch is with him, may or may not leave
Spearing - (DM)
Poulsen - **** **** and will be sold

Manchester Utd BTW:

Fletcher
Carrick
Anderson
Giggs - winger as well
Scholes - replaced by young (not like for like)
Gibson
Park - winger as well
Hargreaves - looking to replace him with a sneijder or nasri are you not?
you named 3 wingers who barley ever play central, Gibson is gone, hargo is gone, we also compete in europe. i dont think you replace a DM with a creative midfielder either.

grk_adonis

THIS IS ANFIELD!
Reaction score
you named 3 wingers who barley ever play central, Gibson is gone, hargo is gone, we also compete in europe. i dont think you replace a DM with a creative midfielder either.
Hence the i wrote 'not like for like' in regards to scholes and young...i reckon young will play maybe a bit more in the middle, in behind the strikers maybe, and to me thats a CAM the same position gerrard, meireles, or aqua can play for us. So if your gonna include them, then i can include him. If you want to take giggs and park of that list then fine, then you have 5 wingers in your team. Is that not too many?

Fair enough, we're not in europe, and we may be well stocked in midfielders, but i dont have a problem with that. The way i see it is this, gerrard, aqua, meireles are our 3 attacking options, while adam, spearing, and lucas are our 3 defensive options, with henderson playing more outwide...obviously their not going to all be in the starting 11 but last year our bench was terrible and had no game changers on there, now i think we do. And thats what you want...

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
First of all you can add poulsen to that list....then reduce it from getting rid of 3 down to maximum 2...

The only players that could possibly leave from your list are two of either Meireles, Aquilani or (poulsen)...
Didn't know poosun was still with us but anyways I still reckon we will have to let go 3 players from that list I posted up

Raul, Alberto and Lucas I reckon are the ones who will leave since we are going to be favouring British players

grk_adonis

THIS IS ANFIELD!
Reaction score
Why cant you just have a normal convo Ozman, seriously...

Spearing/Lucas
Gerrard/Adam
Meireles/Aquilani
Henderson/maxi/cole/kuyt?

This is how i see it