Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
wouldn't call it dirty oil money when they're selling jesus for 45 mil and potentially selling Sterling and zinchenko as well
I have no issue with any owner spending their own money on buying players but there is no way it's a fair field when Man City can offer wages double that Liverpool can. Liverpool make more money from legit sources but Man City have these "magical sponsors".

If Klopp & Pep had the same exact amount of transfer & wage money to spend Liverpool would've been the ones that won 4 of the last 5 EPL titles.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have no issue with any owner spending their own money on buying players but there is no way it's a fair field when Man City can offer wages double that Liverpool can. Liverpool make more money from legit sources but Man City have these "magical sponsors".

If Klopp & Pep had the same exact amount of transfer & wage money to spend Liverpool would've been the ones that won 4 of the last 5 EPL titles.
its not just city though... madrid and psg are the same.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
its not just city though... madrid and psg are the same.
Madrid aren't the same. They have had this team for basically 5 years now. Zidane quit because they wouldn't buy players.

It's City & PSG. Newcastle joining them soon also.

Anyway I say get rid of FFP and let owners spend what they want.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Madrid aren't the same. They have had this team for basically 5 years now. Zidane quit because they wouldn't buy players.

It's City & PSG. Newcastle joining them soon also.

Anyway I say get rid of FFP and let owners spend what they want.
its not like they were even doing anything about it over the last 5 years with city and psg breaking the ffp rules constantly

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
its not like they were even doing anything about it over the last 5 years with city and psg breaking the ffp rules constantly
FFP is a sham. Anybody and everybody can see City are cooking the books but nothing is done. Why bother having it then?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And? Grealish starts for England and he spent a majority of the year on the bench.

You think he'll start over rodri? I don't think so
Your argument would be better if you used actual facts. Grealish started 22 of the 26 games that he played in the EPL this season. Would've been higher if it weren't for injury.

Also Pep rotates way more than Klopp. Rodri and Phillips will rotate or start games together.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Your argument would be better if you used actual facts. Grealish started 22 of the 26 games that he played in the EPL this season. Would've been higher if it weren't for injury.

Also Pep rotates way more than Klopp. Rodri and Phillips will rotate or start games together.
You're right. My argument would've been better! Haha.

Point still stands tho. You'd start him ahead of Rodri? I wouldn't

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You're right. My argument would've been better! Haha.

Point still stands tho. You'd start him ahead of Rodri? I wouldn't
You're not making any sense. By your argument Henderson is a backup. Pep rotates always. I would've taken Phillips at Liverpool to totate with Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson & Keita.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You're not making any sense. By your argument Henderson is a backup. Pep rotates always. I would've taken Phillips at Liverpool to totate with Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson & Keita.
Why? We have Jones.. :tearsofjoy:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
in big games he's not a starting player. Hence why I say he's a backup.

The argument is not whether he's a good purchase, which I think he is, but the amount spent on a no starting player.

Of course Pep rotates. As it stands tho, in the big games he wouldn't start over Rodri which means he's a backup. No?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

The argument is not whether he's a good purchase, which I think he is, but the amount spent on a no starting player.

Of course Pep rotates. As it stands tho, in the big games he wouldn't start over Rodri which means he's a backup. No?
We have no idea how Pep intends to use him. Rodri & Phillips can start games together so it doesn't have to be one or the other. You need a lot of good midfielders to win the big trophies.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

probably helps them out with the home grown players as well considering they're most likely losing Sterling

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have no idea how Pep intends to use him. Rodri & Phillips can start games together so it doesn't have to be one or the other. You need a lot of good midfielders to win the big trophies.
Agree. Point still stands tho. Based on current set up he's not a starting player so it's a lot to spend on a non starter. You do t start him over Rodri.

He's a decent player and I expected him to cost more in all honesty.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree. Point still stands tho. Based on current set up he's not a starting player so it's a lot to spend on a non starter. You do t start him over Rodri.

He's a decent player and I expected him to cost more in all honesty.
he's probably a fernandinho replacement, city dont really have any other dm apart from rodri