Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
he's probably a fernandinho replacement, city dont really have any other dm apart from rodri
He is. Good pick up for them. Losing some players this summer tho City.

Thank god they've got a checkbook to throw at new players

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Right now - more worried about some fit issues. Saw a u tube strategy vid on Liverpool and new guys fit and there's definitely some structural changes up front. Nunez and Diaz both like the left so one of them has to come in. Wish I wasn't so stoned or I'd share the link.

Bottom line, the solution saw space opening up in mid outside the box. Sort of space that Elliott liked or Fabio could work with. But its optimum space so someone has to use it well, they are both kids - interesting. Having said all that, it looked super aggressive which puts more pressure on Fabinho.

Interesting times ahead.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Think Nunez is going to take a heap of pressure off Salah where teams won't be able to double or even triple team him.

It's going to take a while for him to fit in tho, so imagine Jota will be the guy at #9?

Big question is how we set up when Nunez starts. Do we go with Thiago and Fab as the midfield 2 with Bobby behind Nunez?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
not many replacements available either i guess
At this point, no. I think Saka is someone we'd be really interested in but imagine City will blow us out of the water.

We tried to get him before he came to you from memory?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At this point, no. I think Saka is someone we'd be really interested in but imagine City will blow us out of the water.

We tried to get him before he came to you from memory?
dont think so, he was always with us since he was at the age of 7 with our academy and progressed from there, but it'll be interesting to see what happens if he we do sell him at some point this or next season

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
dont think so, he was always with us since he was at the age of 7 with our academy and progressed from there, but it'll be interesting to see what happens if he we do sell him at some point this or next season
Oh! It's when he was signing the last contract then. And we tried hard to get him but he decided to extend with you. I guess that's it?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh! It's when he was signing the last contract then. And we tried hard to get him but he decided to extend with you. I guess that's it?
most likely, think his contract ends in 2024 so no rush to sell yet but if we somehow get into top 4 this coming season I think he'll sign a new contract.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is Salah still playing wait games with his renewal?
Perhaps we need to go out and make another big signing and put the pressure back on him. This is our offer , if you’re not happy we are happy to put you on the market.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So would I if he's defo off.

But we won't sell unless a stupid offer comes in. Just don't see it happening
If he says either 400k a week or sell me and the club decide to sell then we should sell now and spend that money on a replacement like Raphina.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he says either 400k a week or sell me and the club decide to sell then we should sell now and spend that money on a replacement like Raphina.
Feel that we'll allow Salah to leave on a free and sign up that Nkunku using his release cause. Ideally Salah stays and we still activate it!

Just don't believe this Salah thing would've come this far if we had any intention of selling him. So, either we still think there's a chance he'll extend or we'll let him go on a free.