The last renters thread of 2023

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This could very well be the last renters thread of 2023.. it’s a topic that’s needs to be revisited often due to moving interest rates and renters behaviour.. read the article

Is it better to be a renter or a home owner? The article contrasts the discipline required to buy a home and increase your wealth agains the frivolous nature of reMyers, spending, holidays and partys

I was speaking to a lady at work that said the house next door was vacant, I asked if it was for sale and she says I think the owner is going to rent it out, she said she isnt looking forward to the party’s every weekend.. I had a good laugh. they (renters) have created the stereotype for themselves haven’t they? lol.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
This could very well be the last renters thread of 2023.. it’s a topic that’s needs to be revisited often due to moving interest rates and renters behaviour.. read the article

Is it better to be a renter or a home owner? The article contrasts the discipline required to buy a home and increase your wealth agains the frivolous nature of reMyers, spending, holidays and partys

I was speaking to a lady at work that said the house next door was vacant, I asked if it was for sale and she says I think the owner is going to rent it out, she said she isnt looking forward to the party’s every weekend.. I had a good laugh. they (renters) have created the stereotype for themselves haven’t they? lol.
So you're saying all these people who are loud and have parties thinking they're king of the castle? Are more than likely renters?

I'm not sure if one of my neighbours are renting?
A few weeks ago one of them had a birthday party.
They gradually got louder and more obnoxious as the night went on.

Just before 12:30 in the morning I stuck my head over the fence and told them turn down the music and adjust their voice levels.

They immediately apologised and shut off the music and inside they all went!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the renters are living rent free in your feeble little head Blue Boost..
Honestly what different does it make?
Eventually we all turn to dust and within a generation are mostly forgotten.

It is a thing though being judged if you rent or not?
We got our place sprayed for pests a while back.
The guy did a lousy job.
When he called up to discuss returning he slipped up and said "but you guys are only renting?"

Wtf?
So he did a half assed job under the assumption we were "only renting."
What makes things worse this guy just spent over half the time bad mouthing his company!

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
When I come across pompous arsehat home owners like @Blue_boost rest assured that any perceived increase in home valuation via renovations will be swallowed up by my exorbitant costs 8-)

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Never did read why you disappeared for a fair period of time..that's a story I may be interested in reading especially if it Included jail time :tearsofjoy:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never did read why you disappeared for a fair period of time..that's a story I may be interested in reading especially if it Included jail time :tearsofjoy:
you missed out all that time. Put it this way, I might be a bit of an Equaliser in real life..Who doesn’t like to hand out some justice if and when required. I don’t just get on here and tell EV drivers they have it all wrong

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you're saying all these people who are loud and have parties thinking they're king of the castle? Are more than likely renters?
!
I admit my neighbour across the road owns his house and has party’s at his house a good 3-4 times a week! Cars everywhere every night it seems.. they talk and laugh until about 1am and he is off to work at 5am.. dunno how he does it. They park their cars everywhere like they own the whole street.. puts his rubbish in other peoples bins too. He is worse than any renter

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I admit my neighbour across the road owns his house and has party’s at his house a good 3-4 times a week! Cars everywhere every night it seems.. they talk and laugh until about 1am and he is off to work at 5am.. dunno how he does it. They park their cars everywhere like they own the whole street.. puts his rubbish in other peoples bins too. He is worse than any renter
It sounds like he grew up a houso and hasn’t managed to shake off some of those those traits