The Kennels Team '07 - Halfback

The Kennels Choice - Halfback

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

£©

Taxed By £©
Reaction score
With ths backline nearly complete, it's time to select our Halfback, Some runners in line here, will be an interesting battle. Only 1 selection option this time.

The team so far...

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Andrew Emelio
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matt Utai
6. Daniel Holdsworth
7. ???

T

TdoggBulldog

Sherwin... but if he doesn't perform after 5 games... hes gone and bring in roberts if hes performing.

B

Ben Godberts

Ben Roberts for the following reasons

1. faster
2. stronger
3. better
4. younger
5. sherwin is a crap washed up has been

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sherwin, give him chance to redeem himself and prove to everybody that he can still perform at the highest level. The emergence of Roberts will put the pressure on shifty to perform and i believe that we will see the best of him in 2007. Leaving roberts to fight it out for a bench spot.

I dont think roberts has matured enough to be our first choice number 7, he needs a bit of FG experience playing off the bench in a utility role to ply his trade and get used to the game before overtaking Sherwin.

H

Haztrick

Sherwin, give him chance to redeem himself and prove to everybody that he can still perform at the highest level. The emergence of Roberts will put the pressure on shifty to perform and i believe that we will see the best of him in 2007. Leaving roberts to fight it out for a bench spot.

I dont think roberts has matured enough to be our first choice number 7, he needs a bit of FG experience playing off the bench in a utility role to ply his trade and get used to the game before overtaking Sherwin.
It won't happen like that, though.. Not as long as Hughesy is around anyway. Hughes will be #9 and Perry on the bench. Thats what Folkes will do unless they one of them gets injured.

Either way, Roberts needs a spot in the 17 or we will loose him.

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It won't happen like that, though.. Not as long as Hughesy is around anyway. Hughes will be #9 and Perry on the bench. Thats what Folkes will do unless they one of them gets injured.

Either way, Roberts needs a spot in the 17 or we will loose him.
i think it will happen like that, I think folkesy will realise that he needs to groom Roberts now to be our next long term no.7 and that is the way most number 7's start, playing off the bench or at hooker.

I dont think Folkesy or dogs management would be stupid to let him go as he is an outstanding prospect and there is not a lot of good halves around that can handle to step up to NRL if need be. In saying that he needs a good season of consistent first grade off the bench to show management, folkesy and the fans what he can do on a week to week basis.

Kingi

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben Roberts an explosive weapon, he must be played in the No.7 Jersey 2 groom him as quickly as possible, and switch shifty 2 hooker. Sherwin would play the same role as michael monaghan at manly.

BILLYA-BULLDOG

DOGS 4 LIFE
Reaction score
Start with sherwin if he doesnt perform after 5 or 6 games go to roberts would start roberts off the bench he needs to be there in the 17

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
brent sherwin

i have no problems with my memory so i know what he is capable of

and he played very well in the backend of this year

Doggiesfan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ben Roberts for the following reasons

1. faster
2. stronger
3. better
4. younger
5. sherwin is a crap washed up has been
1 Who cares about speed? We're looking for a halfback, not a winger.
2 Who cares about strength? We're looking for a halfback, not a forward. In case you didn't know, halfbacks are the smallest men on the team.
3 Better? Based on what?
4 Younger, yes. Younger = less experience. If there's a position you want experience in, it would be halfback.
5 ... who is a better halfback than Ben Roberts. His creativity is incredible. If you ignore that flick pass Roberts made to O'Meley in that game against the Warriors, nobody would be talking about him. Apart from that he's done nothing worth noting. Sherwin has consistently been one of the best halfbacks in the competition.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
1 Who cares about speed? We're looking for a halfback, not a winger.
2 Who cares about strength? We're looking for a halfback, not a forward. In case you didn't know, halfbacks are the smallest men on the team.
3 Better? Based on what?
4 Younger, yes. Younger = less experience. If there's a position you want experience in, it would be halfback.
5 ... who is a better halfback than Ben Roberts. His creativity is incredible. If you ignore that flick pass Roberts made to O'Meley in that game against the Warriors, nobody would be talking about him. Apart from that he's done nothing worth noting. Sherwin has consistently been one of the best halfbacks in the competition.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA that line cracks me up! WTF has Sherloss done apart from that 1 half of good play all season?

Doggiesfan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA that line cracks me up! WTF has Sherloss done apart from that 1 half of good play all season?
What's Ben Roberts done bar that one good PASSAGE of play all season?

Sherwin has 2002 - 2004 on his side... three good years there where he would've been on eof the very best there was.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
2002 and 2004? Hate to break it to you but we are talking about 2007 FFS! Sherloss has not done sh!t since 2004.

That one good passage of play still is better than sherloss one good passage of play since 2004.

H

Haztrick

Doggiesfan, I know what you're saying but IMO, Sherwin had time to proove himself last year and was far too inconsistent. Roberts took the bull by the horns when he played halfback and we didn't loose a game.

Roberts needs to go to halfback next year and IMO, Put Sherwin as hooker where he doesn't have loads of pressure on him. He can still utilize his passing game and occasionally his kicking game.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
gotta give sherwin first shot at 7..if he dont produce then roberts..wild card ngawini..he was halfback in union..

Bellz

Bellz
Reaction score
^ Agreed. Give Sherwin a few more games and if he isn't performing, bring in Ben Roberts.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
where did our premier league team finish last year with roberts at half?

Status
Not open for further replies.