The Kennel's Greatest Band - Lead Guitarist

The Kennel Super Group Best Lead Guitarist

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Kennel Music Aficionados.

With how terrible our team is going at the moment, I thought I'd create a poll for us all to choose the Greatest Rock Super Group!

Obviously I cannot list every musician that played said instrument so have selected a bunch from different eras but mainly from Rock Genre.

Next up, the bass of the band.

The Kennel Super Group

Drummer: Danny Carey - Tool
Bassist: Cliff Burton - Metallica
Rhythm Guitar: Malcolm Young - AC/DC
Lead Guitar:
Vocals:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol I can kinda see Danny Carey and Cliff Burton working ok together, but I can't see either of them gelling with Malcolm Young. This is why these super band things never work. You just end up with an assortment of good musicians, rather than a great band. In other words, you get Dream Theater.

I guess I'd go for Dave Gilmore out of this bunch....not that bhe's technically the best player on the list, but his tone and atmospheric style might actually work ok with DC and Cliff.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Slash is overrated, just like Lars is as a drummer....come at me!! :laughing:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Slash is overrated, just like Lars is as a drummer....come at me!! :laughing:
Slash isn't the fastest or most technical guitarist out there, but his tone is better than 99.999 percent of shredders out there. Kirk Hammet is a bit overrated if you ask me....all his solos are based around the pentatonic scale and a bit same sameish. .

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Slash isn't the fastest or most technical guitarist out there, but his tone is better than 99.999 percent of shredders out there. Kirk Hammet is a bit overrated if you ask me....all his solos are based around the pentatonic scale and a bit same sameish. .
Agree with that he does have good tone, but i still think overall he is overrated. Also hate how he would use the stupid talk box.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Agree with that he does have good tone, but i still think overall he is overrated. Also hate how he would use the stupid talk box.
I think tone is more important than being able to jam as many notes as possible into a bar. If guitar playing becomes all about speed it just becomes a dick measuring contest. Not to say there aren't super fast shredders who have great tone.....but I think Slash and Gilmore have the best lead guitar tones I've heard.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I guess the point of this thread was never to see if all these musician's would work or gel together, but more a sense of gauging people's opinions of who they think is the best in said instrument. And unfortunately the poll only allows for 10 options to choose from.

Guitarist like Slash and Kirk may not be the best or fastest or most technical but they are iconic and quite possibly the bands may not be the same without them.

That's the great thing about opinions, they are all different.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wah wah wah wah

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Morello and Slash have got nothing - I can beat both of them on difficult level on Guitar Hero 3

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But of the living current guitarists, Gina Gleason of Baroness is one of the best