The Kennel Photo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Pillow, how do you keep your paper so clean ? do you rub off any smudge marks after you've finished ?

I always find my hand picks up alot of led and smudges all over the place
I constantly erase ;)

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
dude my eyes are too dark to see **** haha (and I was wearing sunnies in all the pics I put up here ffs)

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
we need a new emoticon for Dalger it needs to be :arab: but has to also look munted!

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
That is one brilliant photo, Mikey. It captures the loneliness/sadness and the optimism.

Well done. Respect for doing it on the homeless as well...

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one brilliant photo, Mikey. It captures the loneliness/sadness and the optimism.

Well done. Respect for doing it on the homeless as well...
x 100.

There is a group of homeless people that have moved into the north pedestrian tunnel to St James station, although they are not particularly friendly.

Mind you, they might not be friendly because all the lawyer types walk past and never give them any money.

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
slip, that is so not you!!

actually... it has been a while since weve seen each other...

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
x 100.

There is a group of homeless people that have moved into the north pedestrian tunnel to St James station, although they are not particularly friendly.

Mind you, they might not be friendly because all the lawyer types walk past and never give them any money.
aha, funny you should say that. Cos' i friended (kinda) a couple of them today. I was walking past and taking photos of their beds (no-one was there) and a guy named barrett came running down and was asking what i was doing. I explained to him my intentions and all that funky jazz and chilled with him and a couple others for a bit. Was pretty cool. They may seem unfriendly, but they are awesome once you get to know them.

Awesome stuff, Mikey.
Thanks dude! :grinning:

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
They may seem unfriendly, but they are awesome once you get to know them.
Agreed. You wouldn't think so, but you learn so very much. Their take on life and life experiences are just as fascinating as our own, if not more.

Some would have to be amongst the nicest people you could possibly meet. Unfortunately, many have gone through dire circumstances to be there - some of which are out of their control. So many have opinions like "if they got themselves there, they could get themselves out..." or "it was their choice and they should use their money better to get a job". It's not until you really get out there, especially at night during winter, that your mind is opened. You wouldn't believe some of the things you see, and I guarantee you, no one would choose to live in those conditions.

It is also unfortunate that they very often get absolutely no support and are left to fend for themselves.

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
mr. invisi: why don't you edit your photos? Editing digital photos in photoshop/lightroom/etc is like the darkroom for film photos.

not saying that NOT editing your photos is a bad thing, but you know, i'm just curious.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
At the moment it's more a time thing.. and with about 500-1000 photos from that weekend it'll take me a bit of time.

Usually I only do minor corrections anyway (sharpen, color contrast, cropping, etc).

With other shots I prefer just to take what comes of the camera.. :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.