The Josh Jackson appreciation thread...

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm torn, some times I'm screaming "get out of the way" then I think to myself "get out of the way for what?"...it's not like Wakeham or Flanno are gunna do anything lol.

I think he'll go well with the better players we have signed.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he retires without winning a Premiership with us, it would be a great tragedy.

Sadly looking very unlikely we'll pull that off for him.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good honest player. But if people are being objective he probably shouldn’t be captain. Doesn’t have the sway with refs and needs to be much harder on the players like some other captains.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope I am wrong because I love his attitude,his passion for the jumper,but I think his days in the blue and white might be numbered,reason the only player of value to trade for a top line 9 or half,which I think Gould is looking at.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We aren't as a club in a strong enough position to be retaining players past it because of the sentimental factor they offer.

For the amount of $$$ JJ is on its a poor investment.
He doesn't even have any leadership value or qualities .
He has zero leg drive or speed, he has lost any ball playing abilities he once possessed and to be honest all he offers is being a decent defender.
He has been a great player for the club but his best is definitely in the distant background.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good honest player. But if people are being objective he probably shouldn’t be captain. Doesn’t have the sway with refs and needs to be much harder on the players like some other captains.
Agreed but no other options in the team since graham left

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jackson's the least of our worries and I think our best player this year being on 600k (?) a year isn't bad tbh. We don't see Jackson getting over emotional on the field but that doesn't mean he's not a leader. I don't see anyone else in our roster doing a better job anyways.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We aren't as a club in a strong enough position to be retaining players past it because of the sentimental factor they offer.

For the amount of $$$ JJ is on its a poor investment.
He doesn't even have any leadership value or qualities .
He has zero leg drive or speed, he has lost any ball playing abilities he once possessed and to be honest all he offers is being a decent defender.
He has been a great player for the club but his best is definitely in the distant background.
For me, If a team needs a heart beat.. Jacko is definitely ours.

I cant deny what your saying but It might be best to judge next year in a decent side with some bloody people to help him .

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who should be captain?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know Jackson tries hard but bottom line is that he will go down as the captain with worst losing record in dogs history.

I don't think some of the past captains like Ennis, Graham, Price, etc would just watch dickheads like Elliot get away with shit, they would've pulled him into line.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me, If a team needs a heart beat.. Jacko is definitely ours.

I cant deny what your saying but It might be best to judge next year in a decent side with some bloody people to help him .
100%. He’s the only one out there every week having a go. All these people judging him. It’s a one man show you idiots. He’s playing with a bunch of kids and out of position. He’s a fucking second rower not a ball playing lock like Baz is making him. FFS give the bloke a break. I guarantee everyone that’s shat on him will change the tune pretty quick when we actually have a FG side next year.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who should be captain?
I don't know all the traits of the incoming players so not really something I can answer, that's for the club to work through. But from what I've heard and seen in the last few years Jackson shouldn't go into next year as captain.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Can't fault him except for his poor ball playing... Its a similar ilk of Tolman on the 4th

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know all the traits of the incoming players so not really something I can answer, that's for the club to work through. But from what I've heard and seen in the last few years Jackson shouldn't go into next year as captain.
But that's the point.

Go through the names starting or potentially starting next year, Jackson is the only option - giving the captaincy to Thompson would be more of the same.

We probably have to move into a leadership group for the next couple of years and hope that Burton is a natural leader.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
But that's the point.

Go through the names starting or potentially starting next year, Jackson is the only option - giving the captaincy to Thompson would be more of the same.

We probably have to move into a leadership group for the next couple of years and hope that Burton is a natural leader.
Don't mind the leadership group at all. JAC is one who could be added to that.