The impact of the refereeing under the new rules.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't be so hard on the team.

When you look at it in isolation, we dropped heaps of fall and missed simple tackles.

HOWEVER, do not under estimate the impact of all the set re starts that has on the players.

The players were badly fatigued and this leads to errors, both with the ball and in defense.

We got absolutely flogged by c##nt Cummins. He had by far the biggest influence on the result.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Stupid part of the new expanded 6 again rule is fans are gunna be wtf was that for all match. I dont even know if we were fairly dealt with coz I dont know what a lot of the 6 agains were for.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hate the rule, it's ruined the sport. And it made it hard for us in the first half which left us with no gas in the second half. But all of those shocking errors and a weak/unfit pack were the main issues and we didn't deserve to win even if we did get raped by Cummins.

I have faith and patience in Baz but players like DWZ, Hoppa, Meaney and Napa are lucky to be playing FG and it's going to be frustrating having them in the team for another year.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wrote in another threadd refs will have more influence on results of many game than players. Dogs were pathetic but game was made worse by the subjective 6again. Terrible rule no accountability for the ref. When there's a penalty n the game stops things are much more obvious.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry Cumstains gave us 3 set restarts in the last ten minutes. Amazing how these pricks always manage to stack them at the end of the match when it doesn't matter so the stats don't look as bad.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score

When you look at it in isolation, we dropped heaps of fall and missed simple tackles.

HOWEVER, do not under estimate the impact of all the set re starts that has on the players.

The players were badly fatigued and this leads to errors, both with the ball and in defense.

We got absolutely flogged by c##nt Cummins. He had by far the biggest influence on the result.
Averillo rubbish, Lachlan Lewis is a better choice can defend. Matt Burton we need ASAP.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Refs have always had the opportunity to have FAR too much influence on the outcome of games. Personally, I think the new rules give them even more opportunity to have too much influence on outcomes. To some extent, good teams can overcome it, but it can reach a point where you can't.

Last edited:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They don't treat the good teams the same way as the bottom teams & the 6 agains prove that. It also makes the game too quick for anybody to see what they are for which just hides more referee errors.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Stupid part of the new expanded 6 again rule is fans are gunna be wtf was that for all match. I dont even know if we were fairly dealt with coz I dont know what a lot of the 6 agains were for.
Exactly right, it all happens so fast and you cant pick it.
I guess the refs have to justify it when doing reviews.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agreed. But good teams over come these bullshit calls
Storm couldn't have turned that around...but would have dealt with it better.

Point is no other team would have been treated like that so no one else has the burden to overcome bs penalties like that.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree,
With the 6 again shit it's so easy for a ref to influence a game and without having to see a huge penalty count hides the fact that they are a bunch of fucken cheats